It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its so hot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
...I bet you could fry an egg right in the chicken.

This isnt being thrown up as a conspiracy, but in light of people experiencing freezing summers up north and mountains of snow, i thought id give you a little bit of an Australian summer.

Monday > Friday. HOT, with a chance of sizzle!

For those unable to google.

41oC = 105.8oF
42oC = 107oF

Reports are coming in for people who have had plastic surgery to remain indoors!

edit on 26-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well glad you're so darn warm.

Cause right now I am nearly freezing my buns off and paying outrageous heating bills until spring.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Reports are coming in for people who have had plastic surgery to remain indoors!

Wow 41 that's a killer!, where i live we think 31 is bad!

Stay inside & keep calm & don't forget to sunblock yah face

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Funny start to summer here though, first few weeks of December were like winter with several big fronts dropping large volumes of water around. Thunder storms with lightning and weird clouds not to mention some very strong winds with one front blowing for 2 and a 1/2 days straight which is very rare here in Mandurah.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Man thats hot. Had a hot,dry summer here. Winter finally rolled in two weeks ago,up until then its been between 40 to 50f with some cooler days. Nice to be warm, but thats crazy hot.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Yep, our weather has been bloody wierd eh?

Couple of weeks ago we (Mandurah) had storms like we'd never seen before (atleast in my life time)

Some were predicting a cold wet xmas day, now out of now where we are set for the hottest heatwave on record.

Here's a shameless poke at storms from the other week i snapped with my camera

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I can get any photos of things spontaenous combusting this week ill be sure to post.

40's bad, 41's crazy.. but 42oC? soon we wont be able to walk outside without instantly turning crispy.

Oo, and storms forecast tonight, hopefully she's another static one.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Give me 6 months and I'll show you!

Our last summer was very hot and dry.
Far from the normal conditions.
Even the winters have been milder than usual.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a couple of summers ago it was 110 for 2 weeks straight here. it stayed over 100 for over 2 MONTHS. it was AWFUL so i understand your discomfort.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sry got nothing on vegas although time of year is weird?... but umm i just wanna say that ice cream truck melted made me laugh, hard.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I feel for all you westerners as I've been watching the weather reports - ouch
South Oz dwellers would consider it mild as they get temps like 46C or more.

Surprisingly, here in the deep south the record high is also around 41C but that was set back in '91. Every summer we'll get at least 1 day near 40C but it always cools down at night for us mercifully.

Keep plenty of cold drinks on ice and stay in the shade

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yup! where I'm from it's called Summer!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Nice job! That's what pubs are for isn't it, so you don't melt?

Stay cool
by any means neccessary

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We see 107 here locally every third year or so in Texas. Not for many days, but the spikes do happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

We used to live there, got the most wicked burns from WA dry hot summer winds as a kid.
Couldn't say no to the beach though.
eva
Beautiful place.
Love your wild flower season.
I reckon to have your storms now is good, and probably better than it coming in later, in the form a of a cyclone instead.
Doesn't WA still need water, you guys are quite dry over there yeah?
I don't know if it's weird or not you haven't provided any statistical data (snort!),
so I'll have to take your word for it

All that cloud passing over you guys is heading up to the Territory for their build up, when I looked on bom yesterday, that is.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Seems I posted too soon as we eclipsed that record here yesterday with a max of 41.8C (107.2F). I'm half way to Antarctica at a latitude of 43S and it snows at sea level here in winter too.
As per usual the heat has caused devastating bushfires with some 70 homes lost in just one small town overnight and worst of all, it's not over yet.

That poem 'A Sunburnt Country' describes this place of extremes so well

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Every Canadian is secretly wondering why our ancestors decided to stay here even knowing this place had winter when we could have just avoided that all together and enjoyed virtually the same life in a warm climate..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Its always summer here in AZ ! Winter did finally start here in the last two weeks, only two months late.
Im still wearing shorts though , so if you want to call it winter,lol

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The average worldwide temp is about normal but there is a huge cold spot over Siberia/Mongolia. ,Seems like an unusually hot spot down around Australia.
It's like the worlds weather were tipped on it's axis.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Check this link out the Country is in the middle of record heat wave from Coast to Coast.

www.news.com.au...

I'm paying my carbon taxes why hasn't it cooled ?
edit on 7-1-2013 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Looks like normal summer temps for Arizona.

Really spikes your electric bill too :/

new topics

top topics

join