It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Hurts.... Ever feel like..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That, no matter matter what you do...

It doesn't make a bit of difference.

You can be nice to people, and they still want to hang you. It wasn't your job to do it, but in their eyes, it was your job. The worst feeling when you are the low man on the totem pole.

But it's your fault.

Your job is on the line.

Doesn't matter how hard you try or how hard who you try to please, you still get nowhere.

So, why are we here? Just to piss everyone off?

I bust my hide everyday, with a work schedule, a school schedule; plus, trying to find time for myself. I have no life, because I'm too busy helping everyone else. I don't get the luxury of ever having an extravagant dinner with my family, or even ever seeing my family for that matter. I spend it with my dog eating oodles for noodles.

I took flack for a year just to get notifiable.

But yet, my job is on the line...

From,

The fall-guy........

The people you want to place the blame on.......

I am a simpleton taking orders. That's it.

[To support myself with a place to live and to have food in my mouth because I don't have the luxury of food stamps.]

If you have ever felt this way, S&F...

Verdict is not in yet..But, I'm worried.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
From what I gather, we're here to deal with negativity and learn life's lessons... Sounds accurate don't it?

Keep moving forward!!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
S&F as requested.

You sound in need of some rest, hope you can get it soon. If you have no time off due to you go and see the doctor, and say what you have just posted write it down so you dont forget any of it. Take it from someone who knows if you carry on feeling like you are, and do nothing about it you may find yourself feeling even worse.

edit on 26-12-2012 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

No..

It's about people taking responsibility for their actions that's puts another in conflict with the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I bust my hide everyday, with a work schedule, a school schedule; plus, trying to find time for myself. I have no life, because I'm too busy helping everyone else. I don't get the luxury of ever having an extravagant dinner with my family, or even ever seeing my family for that matter. I spend it with my dog eating oodles for noodles.
reply to post by Manhater

Maybe life is supposed to be about "not having a life" right now.

Here is my theory: life seems how you explained when we are failing to learn a lesson. I repeated the same ol same ol stuff like you for years. Finally, when I had an "ah-ha!" moment, life seemed to change. I learned the lesson.

What do you need to learn from this?

edit on 26-12-2012 by fictitious because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've seen several of your threads about family, school, and job problems. Girl, you have got to step back and come up with a new plan. Remember what Albert Einstein said:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Keep doing the same things MH, and you're going to get the same results. Time to change your "modus operandi".

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

And how do I do that?

Quit school?
Quit my job?
Throw out family?

Or, all 3...

I can't start my own business because paypal blocked me.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Klassified

And how do I do that?

Quit school?
Quit my job?
Throw out family?

Or, all 3...

You are mistaking change for quitting/dropping. Think harder.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I've seen several of your threads about family, school, and job problems. Girl, you have got to step back and come up with a new plan. Remember what Albert Einstein said:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Keep doing the same things MH, and you're going to get the same results. Time to change your "modus operandi".

Everything Klassified said, and more. Hey, when I start to feel used and abused by others, it's easy for me to find it EVERYWHERE. And I find injustice EVERYWHERE because I'm looking for it. I have to remind myself to look for some good here and there for my own sanity. I hope you try this sometime before you wind up in the loonie bin.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Every single day of my life - at least in my own version of the way you state. Can't win for losing, luck of the Irish, bad karma... who knows. Just always seems like trying to run the hurdles on a steep incline with my feet tied together - while blindfolded.

The best advice I can give, from my POV, is focus upon that which is in your control, and not about that which isn't. Even if it's barely anything. Make that yours and then build upon it.

Chance favors the prepared mind - so begin preparing!

Until that works, use my philosophy. Refuse to surrender simply out of spite! I keep on keeping on simply because too many people would be happy if I didn't. I refuse to enable their "I told you so" happiness.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You are mistaking change for quitting/dropping. Think harder.

Those were the most wise words other than what Klassified said, that you need to contemplate... My friend, life starts with you! I think the root of your problems is the fact that you are unaware of who you actually are!

How do you change someone who make you unhappy when you don't even know who you are and what your purpose is?

I think you need to concentrate on who you are and discover yourself, before you start blaming others.

If your miserable due to the actions of others, then you are allowing it to happen.....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Wow. You've gotten some good advice in this thread.

I'm not saying it's easy MH. I'm having to do the same thing. What I've been doing is no longer working the past 100 times I've tried it.
So I've got to do something different. I've got a plan. Now I just have to figure out how to get there from here. "The difficult I can do now, but the impossible is gonna take a little while."

Just don't give in, and don't give up. You are stronger, and more resourceful than you think you are.

One more thing. Always ask yourself: If someone I loved and cared about came to me with my problems, what advice would I give them?

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I think I feel ya. I had my boss tell me on CHRISTMAS DAY that I don't get to come back to work because "it's slow" I was told that he would "Call me if he needs me". I was hired full time, but he cuts my hours and tells me he'll call me if he needs me. I have been working there since 2005 and this new owner comes in , takes over the company and treats everyone like crap. And he told all the other former employees the exact same thing. "I'll call you". So....it's a waiting game now. Then to top it off you have idiots out there blaming people like us if we ask for assistance with paying our bills because we can;t find another job immediately.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You know why this reminds me of the story of Cinderella?

I work at a small business of about 20 people. Besides my regular job of graphics design and catalog production, I'm the only IT person. Everybody's my boss--and not a damn one of 'em knows anything about computers. I'm constantly on-call and constantly cleaning up some other idiot's mess.

My buddy the office manager has noticed how everybody's always screaming for me. Sometimes I pass her on the floor as I'm rushing from one disaster to another. She smiles at me and says: "Cinder-elly! Cinder-elly!"

I'm very competent and confident, and I've got a really thick skin. But it's having a friend like that that keeps me sane.

You've got friends here....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Keep your head up, and press on. This life is a struggle, but not as much of a struggle as it was for earlier peoples just to eat day in and day out. Listen, I have been in your situation when I was younger, and things usually get better with time. I hope that it does for you. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Your life will unfold perfectly and precisely as you believe it will. Belief is all powerful. If you believe you are being put upon, if you believe you are poor, ineffectual, scrimping and scraping for a living then that is how it will remain. Its not new age carp, its logical. Whatever you focus on the most you are aware of. Its like saying you want a new BMW, really want one, all of a sudden you'll see them everywhere, advertisements for them pictures in magazines, its because you have made your subconscious aware of something you desire and believe you deserve.

If you don't believe you deserve better then you won't get anything better. I found this out after 45 years of blaming circumstances. There are no circumstances as such, we create our own. You say you can't get a business going as you are blocked by paypal. Paypal only block potential customers due to misuse.If you have misused paypal then that is karma as it were.

I used to blame the electricity board for cutting me off when the bill wasn't paid, but it wasn't their fault was it? It was mine for not paying it. I used to blame my boss or co-workers for making me unhappy at work but it wasn't them, they were unhappy because I was always ill or late and they had to pick up the slack.

Easy to look back with hindsight I know but I can say this my life has changed AMAZINGLY since i stopped blaming others, looking at things with a new perspective and acknowledging that all change is for the good. Living in fear which is what you are doing (and what most of us do) i.e. fear of not being able to pay the bills, put food on the table etc keeps you from making the changes necessary. Its like trying to swim against the current when the most natural thing to do is go with it
)

Hope that helps

edit on 27-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Good luck with your job. Hope everything will work out satisfactorily for you. I know what it feels like to be the "little person" they use you.

When I worked more regular (economy
)they knew I was reliable (on their puny wages you needed every cent I couldn't afford to be late or off, they would give)they kept me in one position appeasing me with petty raises, and as soon as I got pretty good hourly (for the field I was in)they would hire someone else at less hourly wage, and then cut my time.

One place I was there for two years they brought in someone else (who eventually was going to go in the service) and put me down for 8 hrs. I told them to shove the 8 hrs and walked out. I was within walking distance of the place but it didn't pay me enough to get up in the morning and walk across the street to the job.

edit on 28-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Your dog knows what a decent person you are, no matter how bad the world treats you he will always have the same love for you. Trust in his eyes and love in his heart because he knows and loves your soul.

My dog has brought me thru so many hard times and he knows my deepest darkest secrets. Some things that no person will ever ever know.

If thats not enough, you can kick me around a little I wont mind ;P anything to help out.

Good luck to you in the New Year.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Verdict is in...

woot woot, I'm not in trouble.

I even got a good pay raise from my manager and the manager above her gave me an additional pay raise..

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!

edit on 28-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join