It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 28, 2012 - Watch The News!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

And where exactly is your proof that the Mayans just disappeared by themselves when there is a whole lot of evidence, the Spanish conquistadors 'helped' them big time? Or is it one of those historical cases to belittle a genocide happening? So far your posts were nothing but air, you don't seem to be speaking from knowledge.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I hate replying on behalf of other people, but since it's not a personal question, let me tell you, first, the Mayas never disappeared -- their mighty empire did -- and second, all archaeological evidence AND Mayan lore itself point to a collapse about 600 years before the arrival of the first Spanish colonists. It's all out there; I am not going to present a "digest" here.

Anyway, I find it strange that you would nitpick about received wisdom but at the same time have no problem with the fact that there is not a single picture, let alone an article about this supposed fragment, presented in the thread.

In fact the total lack of even basic visual evidence is so baffling that it's the only reason why I even posted in this thread.

edit on 29-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
News watched...nothing happened. No surprise.

Can we move this to the hoax bin now?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

My bad, I confused the Aztecs and the Mayans, yes the Mayans are not the ones invaded by the Spanish.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
reply to post by tremex

Stocks plunge all the time. Gang rape... sadly, and detestably... happens all the time as well. It just isn't (also detestably) publicized usually, and thus goes ignored. It is now the 29th, and in some parts of the world it will soon be the 30th.

This is the 50th or so prediction I have lived through only to see nothing come to fruition.

The OP doesn't deal with any prediction - it deals with a curse or a bad spell and alerts folks to the fact. Misrepresentations like yours helped the 2012 doomsday scenario spread over the Internet like flu.

Yes, stock plunge all the time, but when the plunge is too deep, the event hits the news according to the difference between special and ordinary. The same goes with acts of felony.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by tremex

"Watch the News!" is a command and so it trails an exclamation point - it has nothing to do with excitement, as you try to force your interpretation on me in the whole process of my "education."

Why could you not have asked ATS to watch instead of command us as you have admitted?

"Watch the News!" is a grammatic command. (See the context once again.) The real meaning wasn't nearly that strong.

What difference would it make if I asked ATS?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Originally posted by tremex
But let's review the OP:

We have a fragment of a stone carved by the Northern Mayans that comes from the first half of the 16th century. The carving points toward 13.0.0.0.7 in the Long Count, which equals December 28, 2012 in Gregorian. According to the superstition, would that day be unlucky (13) or lucky (7)?

Sorry.... where? Where is this fragment? I've scanned through all the pages of this thread, and I haven't found any pictures or any type of links leading to it.

It's been rumored to exist. I haven't seen the picture of it either.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by AdAstra

My bad, I confused the Aztecs and the Mayans, yes the Mayans are not the ones invaded by the Spanish.

That's not correct. The Spanish didn't invade the Mayan civilization in its heydays, because the mighty Mayan empire started to fall apart in pre-Columbus days. But the Mayans still existed in a far less spectacular form and later their land got invaded by the Spanish explorers. That's the period from which the stone fragment with the curese on it comes.

The Spanish conquest of Yucatán was the campaign undertaken by the Spanish conquistadores against the Late Postclassic Maya states and polities, particularly in the northern and central Yucatán Peninsula but also involving the Maya polities of the Guatemalan highlands region.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

But let's review the OP:

We have a fragment of a stone carved by the Northern Mayans that comes from the first half of the 16th century. The carving points toward 13.0.0.0.7 in the Long Count, which equals December 28, 2012 in Gregorian. According to the superstition, would that day be unlucky (13) or lucky (7)?

Sorry.... where? Where is this fragment? I've scanned through all the pages of this thread, and I haven't found any pictures or any type of links leading to it.

It's been rumored to exist. I haven't seen the picture of it either.

So where did the story come from?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by resoe26

"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013.

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…. so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago."

That is completely false.

The long count does not involve years. The GMT correlation connects the long count with the Gregorian calendar. All of this leap year stuff is baloney. The correlation addresses that issue.

Oh geez man, who cares!?
Nothing happened anyways. And besides, nobody even uses that ancient calender anymore.

It was entertaining though to see the hype about it all, but after the 21st, most people were like "I told ya so!".
Including myself.
Happy New Years Though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

reply to post by ImpactoR

I hate replying on behalf of other people, but since it's not a personal question, let me tell you, first, the Mayas never disappeared -- their mighty empire did -- and second, all archaeological evidence AND Mayan lore itself point to a collapse about 600 years before the arrival of the first Spanish colonists. It's all out there; I am not going to present a "digest" here.

Anyway, I find it strange that you would nitpick about received wisdom but at the same time have no problem with the fact that there is not a single picture, let alone an article about this supposed fragment, presented in the thread.

In fact the total lack of even basic visual evidence is so baffling that it's the only reason why I even posted in this thread.

Good response.
Ps
Henri Matisse is overrated

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Aren't the Mayan's the people that used to play a form of football, but with the team captains heads?
And people believe that they were super intelligent somehow?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
reply to post by tremex

Stocks plunge all the time. Gang rape... sadly, and detestably... happens all the time as well. It just isn't (also detestably) publicized usually, and thus goes ignored. It is now the 29th, and in some parts of the world it will soon be the 30th.

This is the 50th or so prediction I have lived through only to see nothing come to fruition.

The OP doesn't deal with any prediction - it deals with a curse or a bad spell and alerts folks to the fact. Misrepresentations like yours helped the 2012 doomsday scenario spread over the Internet like flu.

Yes, stock plunge all the time, but when the plunge is too deep, the event hits the news according to the difference between special and ordinary. The same goes with acts of felony.

I do not feel I misrepresented anything. That certainly wasn't my intent. I merely pointed out that these events, sadly, happen routinely. My statement about the prediction pertained to the 2012 phenomenon in general.

My larger and primary point, was the part of my post you didn't quote.

Peace.
edit on 12/31/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

edit on 10-1-2013 by w3thepatient because: forget i was here. i have

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join