It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 28, 2012 - Watch The News!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Okay, so do you have a picture of the fragment? If the stone the spell was cast on is broken, doesn't that mean that nothing is going to happen?

That's why a part of the OP title says "Watch the News!" That's the only way to find out whether the curse/bad spell would work at all. Maybe only a fragment of it comes true.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by tremex

Maybe the prophecy had it wrong and it was the death of a former President.... HW Bush is in bad ICU right now...

I wanted to make sure I did my due diligence by reading all the posts to avoid parroting someone.
This thread didn't merit the time wasted, but this is as good as place as any to point out that there will be people on ATS saying that they predicted HW Bush's death. Like this OP, that is all this is about, they are betting on the 28th....it still will count if it is close enough I'm sure.

As I already pointed out in one of my previous posts, George Bush is a former AMERICAN president and not a former EUROPEAN president. Why would the Northern Mayans cast a bad spell on AMERICANS when they were themselves MESO-AMERICANS?

Some of the posts I read are missing the necessary ingredient that would stop the 2012 end-of-the-world hoopla in its track a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Friend, you see? We shy away here from the "news" on MSM (MainStream Media) because its jaded and bought and paid for by TPTB. It cant be trusted. You shouldnt either.
There are other sources to verify or denounce such stories. You will see eventually as we do...that the MSM is not our friend nor any accurate source.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
Enough with the Mayans already. Give us a break for just a little bit, please!?!? I mean it's been years now that every time I log on here there's something about this tripe. I thought once the whole "See, nothing happend!" and "I told you so" phase was over a few days ago we could break away from this nonsense for awhile. Come on! Bah!

Just be patient. The year of 2012 will expire shortly and so the whole 2012 Forum will be taken off the ATS board the same way an old calendar is taken off the desk.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by tremex

You can't prove this, your guessing.

Here is what the actual text says for December 21st 2012:

he will be displayed in the great impersonation

This is in regards to a deity named “9-Ok-Te” will perform a ceremony on that day.
Nothing more was deciphered or inferred by linguists studying the very calendar everyone says describes the end of the world.

Stop perpetrating this hoax.

Um, the OP deals with a completely different artifact than the one you refer to in your reply.
edit on 27-12-2012 by tremex because: syntax

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by tremex

We are attempting to educate you in what has been done and overdone. Your insults imply you are not ready to
take anything from anyone here...and we have enough Mayan info on site to search that provides answers to your "excited" thread. (Exclamation points).

If the attempt to educate me includes the lecture given by "Prof." vesta

Yawn.............................................Night, night

then I want my tution back.

The usage of exclamation points is not limited to expressing an excitment.

Use an exclamation point [ ! ] at the end of an emphatic declaration, interjection, or command.

"Watch the News!" is a command and so it trails an exclamation point - it has nothing to do with excitement, as you try to force your interpretation on me in the whole process of my "education."

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
We will see what the end of the year holds for us.
Just as we will see when the next year begins.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Tru3NugMaster because: Accidental short reply

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
halfway through the 28th here in australia, nothing on the news yet
edit on 27-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013.

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…. so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago."

That is completely false.

The long count does not involve years. The GMT correlation connects the long count with the Gregorian calendar. All of this leap year stuff is baloney. The correlation addresses that issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by resoe26
yup. then it just restarts to the next Baktun.

Well yeah
obviously 2012 is the start of the calendar again

Well happy New Baktun, and Happy New Years (put that in your pocket and save it until the 1st)

I'm just annoyed because I wont be here to see the end of the world again in 5000 years

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tremex

reply to post by tremex

A year is 365.25 days long, Mayans practiced 365 day years so over time ALL their prophecies would be WAY off, right?

Time-based predictions are not reviewed and adjusted by the Nature - it doesn't have a mind. So I guess that 13.0.0.0.7 Long Count = December 28, 2012 Gregorian.

Doesn't the calendar reset. That would make it 0.0.0.0.7.. If the calendar keeps on rolling into the 13's what was all the hype about in the first place?
edit on 27-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I am watching the news…. Nothing happening so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
When what happens, happens, it will not be on the news and people will not be writing about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
When what happens, happens, it will not be on the news and people will not be writing about it.

What will that be? Why not on the news and why wont we be writing about it? More information please!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by tremex

A year is 365.25 days long, Mayans practiced 365 day years so over time ALL their prophecies would be WAY off, right?

Time-based predictions are not reviewed and adjusted by the Nature - it doesn't have a mind. So I guess that 13.0.0.0.7 Long Count = December 28, 2012 Gregorian.

Doesn't the calendar reset. That would make it 0.0.0.0.7.. If the calendar keeps on rolling into the 13's what was all the hype about in the first place?

No, because the Long Count calendar is made of cyclical periods and 1 Pictun = 20 Baktuns. The Mayans didn't include all cycles in their calendar for practical reasons and that's why it may appear that Baktun is the highest cycle. The proponents of the doomsday scenario somewhat succeeded in brainwashing their followers that the 12th Baktun ends the Long Count calendar and so it must be reset to 0.0.0.0.1

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am watching the news…. Nothing happening so far.

Nothing news-breaking has been announced yet and at this moment, it's already 29th December, 2012 in Europe. But let's review the OP:

We have a fragment of a stone carved by the Northern Mayans that comes from the first half of the 16th century. The carving points toward 13.0.0.0.7 in the Long Count, which equals December 28, 2012 in Gregorian. According to the superstition, would that day be unlucky (13) or lucky (7)?

The day must be unlucky, because December 28, 2012 falls on Friday and we know what "Friday, the 13th" means. That also means the stone had to be carved after 1542 when pope Gregory XIII (The Unlucky) decided to phase off the Julian calendar, and that the Mayans tested our ability to make a choice between Unlucky Day and Lucky Day. We didn't flunk the test.

The fragment of the stone spoke of some curse that will come into effect on December 28, 2012. But since the stone was broken, with good part of it missing, the curse could be broken as well, or materialize in some lesser degree. Since the Spaniards were stealing Mayan relics made of gold, the curse could refer to the finances of modern Spain. In order to search for the possible event, you need to convert the date 13.0.0.0.7 into a practical format. What format? Like this one, for example:

MADRID: Spain's bailed-out lender Bankia plunged on the stock market Thursday after banking authorities said it had a negative of value of 4.148 billion euros ($5.5 billion).

Shares in Bankia, which is at the heart of a crisis in the bad-loan ridden Spanish banking system, slumped 13.7 percent to 59.2 cents in morning trade.

www.brecorder.com...
But the news is dated December 27, 2012, just one day shy of the actual date. Nevertheless, the Mayans would surely rejoice knowing that all that stolen gold is too little to fend off the finacial crises in "the bad-loan ridden Spanish banking system." Perhaps they cast other spells on the Spanish invaders that were not found yet, but came true given the state of finances in today's Spain.

Mayans were "American Indians" and the conquest of their land wasn't pretty, as expected. Lots of looting and raping was going on. And so the only news that major media came up with on December 28, 2012 - news tagged "Indians/violence" was this:

SINGAPORE — A 23-year-old Indian woman who was gang-raped and severely beaten on a bus in New Delhi died Saturday at a Singapore hospital, after her horrific ordeal galvanized Indians to demand greater protection from sexual violence that impacts thousands of women daily, but often goes unreported.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...
But again, the victim died on Saturday and not on Friday. So, the bad spell cast by the Nothern Mayans that should take effect on December 28, 2012 didn't find its way through. The stone was fragmented too much, I guess and that discombobulated the spell: usnews.nbcnews.com...
Norman Schwarzkopf helped to eject the Iraqi invaders from Kuwait, not the other way! That means the bad spell was flying around the world in its broken form.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Stocks plunge all the time. Gang rape... sadly, and detestably... happens all the time as well. It just isn't (also detestably) publicized usually, and thus goes ignored. It is now the 29th, and in some parts of the world it will soon be the 30th.

This is the 50th or so prediction I have lived through only to see nothing come to fruition. I have come to believe that if we are going to see great change in the world, no specific date or power from on high will deliver it. Rather, we must create this change within ourselves, and in one another. The focus on specific dates and predictions may even prevent us from doing so, potentially. Maybe... just maybe... that's even the point. That's just an opinion, mind you. I respect everyone's beliefs.

Peace.
edit on 12/29/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

"Watch the News!" is a command and so it trails an exclamation point - it has nothing to do with excitement, as you try to force your interpretation on me in the whole process of my "education."

Why could you not have asked ATS to watch instead of command us as you have admitted?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

But let's review the OP:

We have a fragment of a stone carved by the Northern Mayans that comes from the first half of the 16th century. The carving points toward 13.0.0.0.7 in the Long Count, which equals December 28, 2012 in Gregorian. According to the superstition, would that day be unlucky (13) or lucky (7)?

Sorry.... where? Where is this fragment? I've scanned through all the pages of this thread, and I haven't found any pictures or any type of links leading to it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join