It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 28, 2012 - Watch The News!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

And so the Mayan priests cast a spell on that day. What spell? No one really knows - there is nothing much left from the whole pictogram. That's is of course a problem, because, according to the Mayan belief, if the stone a spell is carved into is broken, the spell is broken as well. It appears from what is left that the spell involves a fate of leaders, like presidents, because one fragment of the pictogram shows a king.
reply to post by tremex

What Mayan Priests?

What Pictogram?

Where can we find this Mayan belief of if a stone the spell is written is broken the spell is broken? And... since it is broken then why do you still think the "spell" is relevant?

Where do you get the idea it has to do with a leader? A picture of a King? Where?

Where is the evidence in your Op, Op?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

A year is 365.25 days long, Mayans practiced 365 day years so over time ALL their prophecies would be WAY off, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

correct. they also didnt take leap year into consideration which julias caeser created in 45 bc.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I suppose i'll watch the news tomorrow. *sigh* another wasted 40 minutes.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I normally watch the news nightly anyways so what is the difference? Oh well, who knows maybe something horrid will happen, oh wait normally that is on the news daily about a murder or robbery. Whats the difference, same old same old.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Maybe the prophecy had it wrong and it was the death of a former President.... HW Bush is in bad ICU right now...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
reply to post by jhn7537

correct. they also didnt take leap year into consideration which julias caeser created in 45 bc.

the leap year is absolutely irrelevant to the mayan calendar.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

Why is it irrelevant? I understand that they went off of celestial events, but if that's the case then why have number date prophecies? Why not just say the next winter/summer solstice?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay, so do you have a picture of the fragment? If the stone the spell was cast on is broken, doesn't that mean that nothing is going to happen? Or do you think that they were trying to counter-act something that was going to happen?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

A year is 365.25 days long, Mayans practiced 365 day years so over time ALL their prophecies would be WAY off, right?

It all depends on which Mayan calendar you use. The long count was a count of days, not of years.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia

Originally posted by slapjacks
reply to post by jhn7537

the leap year is absolutely irrelevant to the mayan calendar.

"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013.

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…. so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago."

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by tremex

Maybe the prophecy had it wrong and it was the death of a former President.... HW Bush is in bad ICU right now...

I wanted to make sure I did my due diligence by reading all the posts to avoid parroting someone.
This thread didn't merit the time wasted, but this is as good as place as any to point out that there will be people on ATS saying that they predicted HW Bush's death. Like this OP, that is all this is about, they are betting on the 28th....it still will count if it is close enough I'm sure.
...if they are wrong, then on to the next attention seeking lottery ticket topic.
......I feel kind of safe calling this thread such, because not one source was provided.
...so beware of these "a president, or any of a hundred cryptic ways of saying president, is going to die in the next week, or month, because a dream, an alien, an ancient text, a ghost, or a dog, told me." threads.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Enough with the Mayans already. Give us a break for just a little bit, please!?!? I mean it's been years now that every time I log on here there's something about this tripe. I thought once the whole "See, nothing happend!" and "I told you so" phase was over a few days ago we could break away from this nonsense for awhile. Come on! Bah!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
I'm filing a class action suite against certain networks and websites that overplayed (in my lawyer's opinion) 2012, end of the world shows.

I'm suing for loss of time over the past 3.5 years due to obsessive internet posting and blogging, carried out to "therapeutically" deal with 2012, end of the works stress.

We expect to settle with $1,500,000.00. Which is what I could have created had I been mentally free to proceed without the stress of world destruction looming in the distance.

If you know of anyone that lost time and money due to obsessing with the end of the world, we are looking to add plaintiffs to this case. The bigger the collective dollar amount the harder we hit them.

Are you going to use your avatar as evidence of the stress.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Heaven help us if any one of them actually get close date wise. We'll never hear the end of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
21st 23rd and now 28th...... you never know? those who aim at nothing are sure to hit....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I read something like this before...

I still maintain that the PTB put so much hype on Dec 21st to deflate and distract us, we should be taking action NOW!

If people feel they need to blame someone other than themselves for falling for all the 2012 debacle, they can just as easily blame Roland Emmerich for that sorry excuse of a movie he directed in 2009, and the Discovery Channel for producing all those "Doomsday", "Apocalypse", "Armageddon", "Nostradamus", "End-of-the-World" brainwashing exercises that they know the general public will love watching!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
Well if they couldn't predict their own demise what makes anybody think they could predict ours?

Heard of cycles? I'm not saying the Mayan calendar means anything but there is a slight chance it represents something in the skies, not here on Earth including their demise.
edit on 27-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
"There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013.

Where does the Mayan long count measure years?

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…. so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago."

The Mayan long count did not account for any year. The calendar is measured in days which makes leap years irrelevant. The only years that are relevant from our understanding are 3114 b.c (the start of the calendar) and 2012 (the end of the calendar).
edit on 27-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tremex

You can't prove this, your guessing.

Here is what the actual text says for December 21st 2012:

he will be displayed in the great impersonation

This is in regards to a deity named “9-Ok-Te” will perform a ceremony on that day.
Nothing more was deciphered or inferred by linguists studying the very calendar everyone says describes the end of the world.

Stop perpetrating this hoax.

Did you know only 90% of the Maya language has been deciphered and most is based on other languages and scholars are sure, but not 100% sure their works are accurate? I doubt you did, but it's true.
edit on 27-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join