It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving Off the Fiscal Cliff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by beezzer

How odd that i posted pretty much the same thing on another thread you started no more than 3 minutes ago.

It's like we are hiring a contractor to do some work.

We pay and pay.

No work gets done, the contractor keeps showing up in new, expensive trucks, and the bill he gives us keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Normally, we'd fire the contractor, not justify the ever increasing bills and lack of work.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wheres are Infrastructure stimulus?

Spent that 787 billion dollars remember?

Shovel ready and all that crap.

And considering that those most expensive "projects" are going to be at heavily urbanized areas and leave flyover country left blowing in the wind.

Besides public works projects will go to union labor meaning its going to cost billions in over runs and take decades to complete.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep. That was 1 trillion of the 2 needed to fix ALL of it!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks Beez.

If it wasn't for your thread, This one wouldn't have been made.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Yep. That was 1 trillion of the 2 needed to fix ALL of it!

Back in the day state use to issue bonds to cover expense like that, but that has been replaced by tax and spend liberals.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good to see some Americans thinking about important things. I agree that public works would really help stimulate the US economy.

And as was pointed out, America has a massive GDP. America can and should have the best infrastructure in the world. America is the largest economy in the world.

A report by the Switzerland-based World Economic Forum for the year 2011-12 says that many Asian countries have better and more modern infrastructure than the United States.

Hampered by an almost unmanageable level of debt and other financial constraints, the once-awesome infrastructure in America is showing signs of neglect and deterioration and other nations are slowly but steadily overtaking the US.

The United States has slipped alarmingly on the list infrastructure systems compiled by the WEF. From being the 6th best in the world in terms of infrastructure in 2007-2008, the country has slipped to the 16th spot.

www.rediff.com...

You would think America could do better than 16th spot. Parts of Asia are starting to look like a science fiction movie while America crumbles.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If we do go off the cliff then I propose that as we fall we go into a graceful dive instead of just screaming and flailing our limbs around. So undignified.

edit on 27-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Fasten your seat belts - we are going over. IT is the plan. The Republicans would rather not be associated with raising taxes more than baring the brunt of the blame for the event. Then they can introduce legislation to reduce taxes again (after they are automatically raised as part of the "fiscal cliff" scenario) And the president will sign it making him a co-saviour in reducing the taxes and providing economic relief at the right time.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Meanwhile

Obama is on vacation

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'd love to know were the gas tax money in my state of Pa. has been going for years.In my area alone, I have 4 of the top 10 worst bridges in Pa. One of them is finally to be started in a few days. A new Federal tax isn't going to help.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I'd like to know that information too. I live in md and when I drive up I-83 into pa its like a complete change in scenery when I cross the state line. The roads go from being easy to drive on to cracked, faded and poorly maintained. And this is an interstate highway I'm talking about...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
If we do go off the cliff then I propose that as we fall we go into a graceful dive instead of just screaming and flailing our limbs around. So undignified.

edit on 27-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Here is the Fiscal Cliff articulated by Maria Bartiromo.

" It's the Democrats fault. " " Our way or the highway."

Altering the tax code will solve everything. The liberals don't want to hear that.
Raise taxes on the rich. Give us another Solyndra Stimulus.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

We don't need anymore stimulus packages.

We need real solutions to the problem this country faces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join