It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on Earth when TSHTF?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think would kickback into Canada in somebody's cafe.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You don't want to be at the safest place -
You want to be at the most interesting place.
If the SHTF I want to see it go down in person.
Why wait for the aftereffects to turn everyone in Proto-humans and zombies?
What would be the most fun thing to do if the world is going to end?
I have some good ideas, really nice thoughts.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Peru or the Phillipines, activists have been creating survival area's down there for years, clever people like.

The answer is underground bunkers or or steel and fibre glass domes, of course, you can only obtain these with sufficient funds - good luck! Aha.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nebraska to my family's ranch. its 16 sections in the middle of nowhere with any where from 100 to 800 head of cattle on it. also has 2 artesian springs on it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Safest place for me would be with my family.
Because when the real SHTF,I want to be with them when we all perish.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Under the shadow of HIS wing.......Anywhere else, in my unhumble
opinion is a real crap shoot!!

www.bartleby.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Aboard my high-altitude zepplin. Within an hour we will be airborne and heading out towards the South Pacific, where we will invade an island, enslave the inhabitants, and create an armada of other wayward ocean vessels. The yachts that escape will, of course, be manned by old millionaires and lingerie models.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm in CO and because of all the press we get about govt headquarters being moved here, the airport, etc., think it's either the safest or unsafest place to be, depending on how you look at it

Seriously though, I'm originally from the Chicago area and in 2007, I got the sudden urge to move my family to CO, with a newborn baby & 5-year-old, after only passing through there for two days, two years earlier. I don't know why, but I feel safe here. Maybe it's the elevation & mountains, I don't know, but there are plenty of places to get lost here and I can get to them on foot pretty easily, places that are desolate, have fresh water, etc. and are far, far away from population centers.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
In your heart.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's an oscillating fan, so you don't know where it is going to hit and whether be it a natural disaster, an economic disaster, or perhaps the peons of the world having gotten fed-up with the global capitalists and decide to invade their strongholds - like the United States.

Best be prepared for any number of contingencies. An economic meltdown doesn't seem too unlikely, and that is likely to take a larger toll on the "comfortable" classes while the dirt poor might not feel a thing. A person might fare better in a small community of people sharing and helping each other get through it than being in an every-man-for-himself scenario.

It would be good to know how to go it alone in the roughest of scenarios because getting stranded somewhere remote could happen to most anyone and just lasting overnight might be a struggle, let along a few days. Don't take for granted that it could not happen. At least carry an extra blanket and a spare jacket in your trunk, and perhaps a multi-tool knife in the glove box. A bottle of water and a couple stale protein bars might be a real treat in the right situation.

I was drawn to the Sierra Madres and live in the highlands of tropical Mexico. The climate is moderate year-around, plenty of water, edibles growing almost everywhere, and communities full of people accustomed to getting by during hard times without losing their sense of humanity.

Good luck.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Being in Vancouver, the best option would probably be to grab the survival gear/packs and head for the Mountains. I wish I could afford or be important enough to know of any underground bunkers but sadly the best I could do is go deep into a cave in the Rockies and pray that my mere 6 months of prepping will do me any good

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The safest place for me is right where I am, where I know others. If I were to go somewhere else it would be foolish.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In one of the habitats they are currently building on Mars.

But then again I think that Cayce said Kentucky was good too.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In all the conspiracy theories I have ever read the one place they site effects for are the USA - from tsunamis to alien invasion. So I guess I am going to stay exactly where I am - cos I reckon that at least I'm not in America so I must be safe. ;-) A little colonial inspired humour.

But in all seriousness - I am not going anywhere soon - bugging out would mean defeat unless it became totally impossible to live in my house - say 10 feet of water in my house and not receding or large hordes of zombies. Anything else can and will be dealt with. ;-)

edit on 29-12-2012 by Shelbee because: typo

edit on 29-12-2012 by Shelbee because: Qualification

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Denver international airport

Here's why:

www.youtube.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms&bpcl=4009650 3&biw=1193&bih=634&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would probably just stay at home, always been safe, no floods ever, no hurricanes, and nothing majorly bad has happened that hasn't been directly my own fault.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A few things come to mind
1. Your question tells more than any answer could provide. The question posed really highlights your mindset and really brings to light how much thought you have really put into "survival". As many have pointed out it kind of depends what S is hitting the fan.

2. Your screen name

So for you I believe the safest place to go would be something like CNN.com so you can clearly see that nothing is happening.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This place:

Has everything we need

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
It's an oscillating fan, so you don't know where it is going to hit and whether be it a natural disaster, an economic disaster, or perhaps the peons of the world having gotten fed-up with the global capitalists and decide to invade their strongholds - like the United States.

Best be prepared for any number of contingencies. An economic meltdown doesn't seem too unlikely, and that is likely to take a larger toll on the "comfortable" classes while the dirt poor might not feel a thing. A person might fare better in a small community of people sharing and helping each other get through it than being in an every-man-for-himself scenario.

It would be good to know how to go it alone in the roughest of scenarios because getting stranded somewhere remote could happen to most anyone and just lasting overnight might be a struggle, let along a few days. Don't take for granted that it could not happen. At least carry an extra blanket and a spare jacket in your trunk, and perhaps a multi-tool knife in the glove box. A bottle of water and a couple stale protein bars might be a real treat in the right situation.

I was drawn to the Sierra Madres and live in the highlands of tropical Mexico. The climate is moderate year-around, plenty of water, edibles growing almost everywhere, and communities full of people accustomed to getting by during hard times without losing their sense of humanity.

Good luck.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Agreed with you here, except for me being drawn to the tropical highlands in the Philippines. Similar to you in that there is spring water year round, food year round, and here there is never freezing temperatures, which is nice. Having a strong community is VERY important, so the people will help each other... though it is best to know and live with and know the community before said SHTF scenario

Personally I think anywhere away from "the grid" is safe, a place where peoples lives hardly change in the absence of electricity. The USA will have drones criss-crossing the states in due time, along with all their current tracking abilities thanks to the latest technology people 'need' to live with.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Probably to the front or rear of the Fan as the centrifugal force would eject the S left and right of the rotating blades....unless it was one of those Fans that rotate left and right then i would suggest being in another room with no Fan..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join