It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government of the United States of America Thanks You...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
...for following their script so closely and playing your role of being a field of mushrooms so convincingly.

The last 2 weeks have been an amazing exercise in watching the magicians distract the masses. This is stated from the aspect of someone who considers ATS and our members to be among the more difficult to distract. Fact is, if the political machine in DC and their media puppets have managed to so fully confound ATS, one can easily imagine how completely distracted the average American is right now.

I am talking about the upcoming Fiscal Cliff. Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not suggesting the politicians and media are hiding the Fiscal Cliff. They're not. This is the Vegas magician at his finest, here. They are bluntly telling us "I'm going to turn this glass of water into a dove", and they aren't even doing their magic tricks behind a curtain or under a cloak. Instead they are gesticulating wildly with their free hand, getting the entire audience to look that direction, then performing their tricks with the other hand in plain view, confident nobody is paying that hand any mind.

Look at the some of ATS' more political and economic bent forums. US Political Madness, for example... 90% of the first page is taken up with gun control bickering. Bickering that is not only inane, but which serves no real purpose to the masses. Yeah, children were killed by a kook... but how many US children will ultimately suffer if America's politicans ramrod in their plans of astronomical taxes, stripped benefits, and gutted programs? Take a look at the Social Issues forum with me... Oh goody, more inane babbling about why America's Second Amendment should be stripped. Hey, at least there are a handfull of outlier threads which aren't revolving around ridiculous Sandy Hook theories, firearm pissing and moaning, or nonprofessional opinions on the state of mental health in the world... but nary a mention of the Fiscal Cliff. I know, let's take a look at the Global Meltdown forum... you know, the forum that usually sees a new Gerald Celente predicts Economic Armageddon thread every 2.5 hours during the best of times, let alone the volume of discussion one would expect to see there right now as we watch a real life megacrisis unfolding before our very eyes. Uhm... well, aside from the thread camaro68 started less than an hour ago, scarcely anything is going on in GM.

The month of December, possibly even the entire span of October 2012 through the present, has been by far the greatest success the media and political distraction machine has ever seen. While an honest to goodness disaster is becoming a virtual guaranteed reality we've been focusing on imaginary doomsday predictions from ancient cultures, gun control arguments over an event which involved a small percentage of a single percent of all gun owners in the US, and an asinine attempt to turn that same event into some sort of furtive fallacy surrounding the most grasping of theories and paranoias. They've certainly honed their craft from the olden days of Cold War era Soviet specters being used to distract folks from political foibles and even more recent history of using the evil shadow of Al Qaida to get the people off the topics of deficits and shrinking Constitutional rights.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Why do you think the fiscal cliff will be a disaster?

Government spending gets cut, taxes increase, the deficit is cut in half for 2013.

Where's the problem in that?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Agreed!!!!!! (Do I have to do that dumb second line thing?)........

Edit, I do not personally believe the fiscal cliff is and issue. I believe it is another distraction.....
edit on 26-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Fast and the furious gun run, Benghazi, 2nd amendment rights, fiscal cliff, debt ceiling, farming bill (will see milk prices double 1/1/13), unemployment benefits extension deadline up (Dec 31), There is so much going on. It’s an information overload.

edit on 26-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'd like to thank the OP for the insults and belittling. I am sure the entire ATS community appreciates this as well.
Thank you for your post.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Why do you think the fiscal cliff will be a disaster?

Government spending gets cut, taxes increase, the deficit is cut in half for 2013.

Where's the problem in that?

The problem is it happens to fast. Its something like -4.5% of GDP being taken out of the economy over night. This equals not good, equals recession in a time when we have yet to recover from the last “recession”, depression.
edit on 26-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This is certainly one of the more unusual posts I have seen from a Mod. Is this some sign of disilusion among the best staff on the internet?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
as if the fiscal cliff issue is not being used to hide something .

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

This is certainly one of the more unusual posts I have seen from a Mod. Is this some sign of disilusion among the best staff on the internet?

What do you disagree with? Or are you being vague for a reason??????

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think the whole thing about the Fiscal Cliff is just a show. All the arguing between the parties is a hollywood production. They all know what has to be done, taxes have to be raised on everyone and cuts have to be made. Now that corporations are supplying the money for the campaigning, the Senators don't have to give out as much money to the pork barrel projects other than the ones they deem as necessary, the big corporate sponsors. I guess it is true, we have to pay a lot more taxes but why the big circus act. I suppose they need their voters. It really doesn't matter which party is in charge of the country as long as the people are arguing amongst themselves and blaming other voters. Shift both the focus and the blame to the people themselves. Can't the politicians make it less evident, I'm starting to get bored with it

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Don't worry you greedy half-bitten troll, your time will come. Go ahead and sit up on your pedestal, but be careful, power is an unstable thing. Eventually, it will come crashing down, and you better be ready for the mockeries that follow.

And, Oh gee, nice avatar, a devil playing a guitar. Seems we have evil company here on this website.
edit on 26-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by hotel1

What do you disagree with? Or are you being vague for a reason??????

I was'nt expressing a an opinion about the content, I was merely pointing out there is something unusual in the manner of this post considering it is from a forum moderator.
edit on 26-12-2012 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

And, Oh gee, nice avatar, a devil playing a guitar.

Santa gave him that guitar.

Next year he will get a flute.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I was'nt expressing a an opinion about the content, I was merely pointing out there is something unusual in the manner of this post considering it is from a forum moderator.

When a mod posts, they are posting as a member, not a moderator. Their views do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners. Mods are people, believe it or not, and they have opinions. Feel free to disagree with Heff if you're so inclined.

On topic: Well Heff, I certainly won't argue the magical distraction routine. I think you're spot on. And yes, the spell has hit its mark. But whether or not the fiscal cliff is part of the distraction, or what we are being distracted from, is the $64,000 question. Why do I feel like the UN is somehow wrapped up in all the messes we have going right now?

edit on 12/26/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I posted a few times in the S. Hook threads saying we are probably missing so much while focusing on this. Then even I got sucked into that world for a bit. Honestly I was expecting something with Israel and Iran/Syria, as well as all this other stuff being shoved through.

Now that Russia is in with Syria though (saying they are taking their chem weapons) I don't know that there is really anything the U.S. can do. I was seriously expecting a big chemical weapons incident there that would draw us all in, but if those weapons are on lock down it would be harder to blame the government there and they would have to go through asking Russia.

Sorry, I know that's not what your thread is about really, but yes I have considered that we are missing a lot of things going on. I haven't really worried about the "fiscal cliff" because it seems like a re run of what we saw with the debt ceiling.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The fiscal cliff talks won't be the same as the debt ceiling talks, only because of affect. Repetition of the same inconsistency and party line politics add to the lack faith that is already shared by the world in the U.S. dollar. With each repetition the distinct distaste builds. How long can we force feed the world our [SNIP] before it throws up? That being said this will not be the end of Western Civilization. Just another negative vantage point that will be detailed when the next winner writes the books.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 26/12/12 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by WiindWalker

And, Oh gee, nice avatar, a devil playing a guitar.

Santa gave him that guitar.

Next year he will get a flute.

Except that it isn't Satan, and it isn't a guitar...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't see any distractions. I do however see the cats out of the bag. Figure couldn't keep it in there for long with the way things are going over the last couple years steadily down that is nothing to show a recovery of any type.

This is what the prepping was for wasn't it. If not it should have been. Things will get ugly very fast. Watch your back I see a serious rise in crime heading down the pipe.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't think distraction is happening I think it's the opposite happening. The Cloward Pivens strategy. They are trying to stress out the public to get them to submit to whatever "solution" the party in power wants.

It all sucks. It's crazy how the government is finally working how it should be working at a time when we need them to work together. The irony.

The hard reality that there is no political victory to be had by going over the cliff is starting to set in.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Government is often the source of problems in our lives, and yet we so often turn to government to solve the very problems that it has created.

I don't know who said it, but the idea that "government is the cure for its own disease" is an idea that we need to keep in mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join