It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very hard hitting video by celebrities over Gun Law. - Badly overdubbed hoax video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by shauny

There are certain parts of this video that seem like the audio was added. I don't think this is legit at all. Manipulated crap...

Yeah it was like the same voice a few of them.
Either way it is a video worth discussing be it good, indifferent or bad

Thanks.

yeah i noticed that too.
but i said since i only know who one of them,it better to hold my tounge.I guess thats perks of just using the internet for viewing things these days.
I agree its worth talking about how its bullsnip propaganda to manipulate the folks of America to hand over their guns because the goverments are doing the same when infact we all know there not handing anything over.[if it was real i mean that is] .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
One would had to have been on the Moon to have missed the original video when it arrived on Youtube. And to say that it is badly overdubbed is like saying that Chris Rock is African American - such things are self-evident. It should be no surprise that Bloomberg is behind this campaign with the backing of 600+ mayors, if you believe their numbers. These are interesting times, to say the least.

edit on 27-12-2012 by ClementWinters because: edited for clarity

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by shauny

I often wonder why liberals don't see the hypocrisy they spew forth from any hole it will come out of. Many of these same elitist scum have body guards that are armed.

It shows how stupid people are when they take a actors advise on anything other then acting. Yet they get the liberal spotlight because they spew forth the talking points and look good doing it.

They are nothing more then fools gold. A rice paper behind.

edit on 26-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)
Sure are generalizing, i'm a liberal and I agree with both dubbed versions of this video.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

EPIC.

Something I and many others have been saying, the hypocrisy of our government.

Leading by example then calling US (you and me) too violent...

One of the most violent governments in the history of mankind wants to disarm the people... Why am I not surprised.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

If you read some of my replies back on the page, you will see I did say I learnt something here. As you say, I am from another culture, place on earth that does not get the need to Guns, but not "gets" why people want the "right" to have them.

I learnt something last night.
First to admit that.
You start a thread, if you are wrong, you throw you hands in the air and say "I am wrong"
I did that. I also had no idea the video was fake, or had been synced over.

Peace
Shaun

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I will never watch a single movie with any of these traitors in it for the rest of my life. Like anyone even cares what some spoiled brats that would be flipping burgers right now if not for mommy and daddy getting them into show business even care about politics. These people, ignorant, stupid, or being paid to say these things, are traitors to the Constitution and with it their country.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh wow, it was a fake video huh?

Yeah because lies always bring good things. You see folks, people are so bent out of shape to strip us of our guns that they provide fake material in an effort to sway our minds. I wonder what other mouth piece BS drama lies are being shoved down our throats for the sake of pushing this agenda?

Well that really should show you how necessary it is we resist these gun bans. If they are willing to lie then it is obvious they are up to no good.

Fake video propaganda = crapola....

edit on 27-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So hold on, the actors are there, some you can tell it is their voice, so how is the video fake?
The argument about Gun control to one side for a second, why is it a hoax and fake?
Some of their voices are real.

Thanks.
Shaun

*Edit, sorry*
Just watched again and some of the things they say are being said by someone else, but not them all.
So is this an older video? Or is it real and been edited?
I read the Mod edit at on my opening post, and I agree.
But I been here almost 10 years watching this site grow to there it is.
I would never misuse this site. I should have watched the video further.
At least it has been exposed as one of the above however.

Thanks again

edit on 27/12/2012 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
OK it is time ATS stops making claims of

Hoaxes without PROOF!

It is time seasoned members that have been here

since 2004 are not insulted and accused as

hoaxers and liars without proper proof!

This is the original video....

And this is the website..........

www.demandaplan.org...

So what proof does ATS have that this is a hoax and the OP (a seasoned member) is a hoaxer?

ATS needs to start respecting the membership one day soon as it's us who make ATS what it is and we also pay the bills.
edit on 27-12-2012 by lifttheveil because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

they made it an anti war video when it clearly is not.

That would be misrepresenting it.

So you are saying a global Gun ban / war ban is the same as asking for gun regulation in the US?

No one said a peep about the OP personally. The video is propaganda, even in its original form. But to twist it into some sort of pseudo anti US war video is lame and a lie. I doubt the OP did it himself. He watched it like the rest of us and just posted here. No one thought different, hence why he is not banned.

Relax. Even seasoned members are treated the same as new ones. The rules apply to everyone. No one is being disrespected.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

So you are saying a global Gun ban / war ban is the same as asking for gun regulation in the US?

No one said a peep about the OP personally. The video is propaganda, even in its original form. But to twist it into some sort of pseudo anti US war video is lame and a lie. I doubt the OP did it himself. He watched it like the rest of us and just posted here. No one thought different, hence why he is not banned.

Relax. Even seasoned members are treated the same as new ones. The rules apply to everyone. No one is being disrespected.

Yeah but the original video is real, the op posted a dubbed version, the idea you get from reading the thread is the video is complete BS and The OP is a spreader of BS and a hoaxer.

No one said a peep about the OP?

This is what a mod said...

You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people. This badly overdubbed video is a hoax. The title of the thread has been altered to reflect such. 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

That's a bit out of order IMHO

edit on 27-12-2012 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Yeah but the original video is real, the op posted a dubbed version, the idea you get from reading the thread is the video is complete BS and The OP is a spreader of BS and a hoaxer.

No one said a peep about the OP?

This is what a mod said...

You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people. This badly overdubbed video is a hoax. The title of the thread has been altered to reflect such. 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

That's a bit out of order IMHO

edit on 27-12-2012 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

Yeah, for a site that likes to read between the lines, they sure did a bad job figuring out exactly what was going on, and what was meant to be conveyed.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

that is not what THE MOD, said. That is cut and paste information you will find in any other hoax thread. How long have you been here?

The video in the OP is not original since it has been modified to give another message the actors in the ORIGINAL video might not agree with. That is misrepresenting them and the people who made the original video.

So I can edit them to be saying they are supporting guns and you would defend me? Or how about if it was modified to be against Palestine, or Israel?

Because if not it is a double standard. You might agree with BOTH messages but one is fake and the other the intended one. Hence HOAX.

And they are vastly different. One is for NATIONAL gun regulation in the US. The other is for a GLOBAL BAN on guns/ wars HUGE difference. Also it only mentions US wars, leaving out the rest of the planets armed interventions everywhere else so it is also anti American from my point of view for its bias.....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

that is not what THE MOD, said. That is cut and paste information you will find in any other hoax thread. How long have you been here?

Well, if you look under my username on the left it displays that information, and if you read it you will see I've been here since 2006 for over 6 years. Which is 6 years over how long you have been here as I see you've been here a month.

And yes it is was what the mod posted, even if most of it was cut and paste does that mean they posted it in error or does it mean they agreed with the text and label on the OP?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I've been here since 2006 for over 6 years. Which is 6 years over how long you have been here as I see you've been here a month

Yet I dont go ballistic when mods post generic replies from the T&C......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yet I dont go ballistic when mods post generic replies from the T&C......

It wasn't aimed at me so my response was not ballistic, personal or emotional, I just think too often seasoned members are labelled badly by staff and it's not fair. I'm not going to kiss ass because a mod has posted it, the thing is mods represent the site and that kind of attitude is pretty uncalled for I thought against a big contributor of the site. But hey, you've been here a month so I'm sure you've got a grip of things better than I have in my time here.

Also the thread/title/op gave the impression the whole video is a hoax, and that the OP not only knowingly posted a hoax but also tried to solicit members to join a website? You can see how that isn't fair right?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I have been here longer than a month.... (first profile), and I have not seen that behavior by the mods. We just dont like rules when they are applied to us or the things we stand for. I put myself in that category too. That said they have a reason to be here. Not to serve their favorites but rather to serve their purpose.

You should give the mods (and ATS in general) some slack. Even the OP didnt make as much a fuss about is as you. It is a hoax because it was a modified version of the original video with an alternate message, even though you see it as similar, and agree with both, it is not genuine.

I still say both are about the same in quality of propaganda.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well to be honest on the subject matter "Gun Control" I think I agree with you. I don't really have a fixed or strong opinion on it and I'm a Brit, like everyone I am deeply sad and appalled over the recent shootings, but would gun control solve this in America?

I see the arguments, those for it use examples like the recent tragedies, but USA isn't UK. Will taking guns from honest decent people and families make them safe? For sure it will not! And I don't see criminals respecting any gun laws either. So I'm pretty on the fence when it comes to the issue in hand. And your correct of course, the video in the OP is a Hoax, I think a better wording in the mod edit would have been to say the video is a hoax and here is the real one, rather than paint the OP as a Hoaxer. I've been here since 2006, I never use an adblocker and contribute where I can, and as a member I don't like the hostile attitude to members that has grown as ATS has grown, it's more an online business now than a personal community forum, and as such the customers should be given a little more common decency and courtesy.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

fair enough homie. Have a good one!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the words lads. But don't argue over it, lol
It was a standard mod copy and paste, and I got that.
I just asked (After I realised the in's and out's of the issue) Who changed the video..

Hope you both had a good Xmas

Peace
Shaun

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join