It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Beam is back, again (New Pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
On the 11/12 i opened this thread Original Thread, asking if anyone can tell me if there is a light source that can cause a "black beam".

I believe some thought/believe that it was a contrail from plane, and, well, i never got a satisfactory answer. Tonight this beam is back again.

Here's some photos i took of the beam tonight. It is exactly in the same spot, too. This time i moved around on my balcony as i did not have rain to mess up my camera.

Could this be from ANY light source?

Thank guys!

I will upload the full quality pics if requested.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added photos

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

could you post a pic from the same angle in the daytime? I cannot imagine a shadow that can be seen in the dark.
The black line in the sky that is associated with contrails is just an illusion with the sun and contrail in the perfect place to create a shadow, but you only see that on sunny days.

I am thinking your picture is a tower in the dark.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My guess would be something is blocking that portion of light causing,you guessed it,a shadow.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I believe it is a shadow. I have seen similar things in person and they end up being a bright light on the ground beaming on a flag at the top of a flagpole. The area looks quite hazy which would add to the ambient light and make it easier to create a shadow.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To clarify, are you seeing this with the naked eye, or just with the camera?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My first observation is that there is a light source that is either bouncing off the beam or shining through it because your "black beam" goes straight up but also "runs though" the light source seemingly without affecting it. From the picture, it appears that the light (one of two lights in the vicinity) is behind the beam but I think it is odd that the beam isn't blocking or distorting it at all.

Not an expert, just an observation that I think may add to the mystery.

edit on 26-12-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

But if its a shadow, wouldn't it block the light that it is "running through", which also appears (key word) to be behind the beam?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Sure. here you go ones i took earlier this year.

Ones i took from showing where the sun sets in Summer and Winter, hence the arrows
img.abovetopsecret.com...
img.abovetopsecret.com...

Ones from tonight. You can see there is no tower.

I will still take a photo or two tomorrow in the morning to show there's no tower, at all

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It looks all the world to be a shadow, there is a bright source of light at ground level that can be seen, and something is blocking the light more or less in the centre. I suppose you could also say, rather than shadow, an area where the light is blocked. Much the same thing really.
edit on 26-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

No, imagine a dome. The dome is filled with fog. A single light illuminates the whole dome because of the fog. If something is placed over the light the dome will still be lit but a black beam will be cut through it.

link   

Looks like reverse un-lens flare to me.

edit on 26-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by evilod

One sees the "beam" clearly with the naked eye. I struggle at times to really get a clear photo via the camera. Even though the beam is visible on the photos it is nothing as clear as one sees it with the naked eye. I also take into account that i zoom in on it and so i pick up blurry pics.

It's totally clear with the eye

reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

No, it is NOT. One sees this beam with the eye. Not lens flare, AT ALL.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

kdog, i can agree with that. But, this beam is high. It goes up and up. On my original thread i have photos where it seems to touch the clouds. I have said that in my original thread that one could see lower clouds passing over it. That's how high this beam is.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Take the same camera, go to a very dark room/place, shine a flashlight at it from 10-15 feet away, take a picture, post it here...

edit on 26-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Sorry, I'm not understanding and having trouble imagining your dome scenario. Is there some other way you can explain how something that is supposed be a shadow caused by a blokcage of light will allow a light source from behind it to shine through?

One poster alluded to a flag pole. Let's say it is some sort of pole blocking the light. How is the light source behind it (which is also present in all nighttime photos the OP has posted) shining through a solid object?

Not arguing, just having trouble understanding your dome analogy

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Triangulate its position and VISIT!

And if there's something cool there, post more pics! OR, maybe see if someone on the other side of town you know sees the same thing, or could take a pic.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Did you ever think to try to find the source of where this beam is coming from???? Kinda like trying to find the end of rainbow?

The pics are cool, but I think if you are in the vicinity of the beam itself, why not try to find it's source? Now that would be some cool stuff!!!!!

Can't remember the movies name, but Charlie Sheen was in it and he tracked down an alien base.......

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Take the same camera, go to a very dark room/place, shine a flashlight at it from 10-15 feet away, take a picture, post it here...

edit on 26-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

Here you go

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The thing is that where the source seems to come from is koppies/hiils/offroad.

It is a koppie area. Offroad, or an easier to do trail-hike in the day. Another thing: it is that it is a protected area, not cos of UFO's, but because it is a nature reserve. So, one can only go that far in the day. At night, it's a no no, unless you know the owners of the lands.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He wanted you to shine a flashlight AT the camera, the sensor.

I presume to see if the sensor acts weird.

But I'm not sure that's the answer because you said you saw it in person. Your eyes and the sensor will not perceive this exactly the same if they are both having a flare or other phenomenon cause it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join