It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's GRIP on REALITY (Must SEE Movies)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Idiocracy is a great movie about how an average guy goes to the future and he is the smartest guy in the world because everyone is a complete fool in the future. "It has electrolytes"

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Shoes of the fisherman(1968)-
Shows that the Vatican should use all their riches to help in a crisis. Pure fantasy, yes? It wasn't a box-office hit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I know it's a bit childish, but I think Coraline has that kind of feel:

A young girl walks through a secret door and discovers a parallel reality that is eerily similar to the life she already knows, yet deeply unsettling in a number of ways,... (kind of like waking up, if you know what I mean)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
As Hollywood´s grip on reality, here is two recent. They are also good movies.

FAIR GAME

MARGIN CALL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Fahrenheit 451:

When I first saw this movie, I remember thinking ... no is impossible. Persons couldn't burn this many books, we would just write new ones and hide them.

Then the internet happened. It got bigger, and bigger, and the books on my Kindle ereader now get 'updated', my web pages go missing, and sometimes the only evidence of it is a discussion page comment say, 'didn't this used to be [somewhere else/different]'.

If digital content is scrubbed from our precious internet it only exists in memories. Further to that though, I sometimes think of how it's becoming unfashionable to offend people. When I think of that, I think of this quote from the film:

"Here's a book about lung cancer. You see, all the cigarette smokers got into a panic, so for everybody's peace of mind, we burn it."

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
There is only the one. And this is it:-

www.youtube.com...

1984 is almost exactly what is happening, right before our very eyes. The only thing wrong with the title is the date, it should have said "2013", or perhaps a bit higher. In this "post 9/11" world -every time reporters use this line I get a bit pissed, knowing that it was used as a catalist to achieve exactly what is unfolding now- We got all sorts of (camera, digital mechanical) surveilance coming out the wazoo, emotionless drones, piloted by brainwashed game-kids. following our every move and bombing the crap out of the "enemy" and who knows what other kind of cyber-suppirises they have in store for us, It won't be long before you are stared back at by your televisions. It's only a matter of time before it's telling you that you're not eating your soylent green fast enough. 30 years ago I would have laughed at the notion....
edit on 15-1-2013 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join