It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's GRIP on REALITY (Must SEE Movies)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here's a compilation of movies...that everyone should watch...at least once in their lives. The writing is all over the wall....we're just too busy being entertained....to realize the meaning! At the end of the day...TPTB can, for the most part, say we were "warned".

What movies, do you believe, give some kind of "forewarning" to future events?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hands down and without thinking to come up with it.

Terminator 1. Not the rest of the series. Just the first one. It followed a plot with meaning and depth ...and could as easily have been sounding a warning of things we could only watch the screen and laugh at being pure science fiction when this released. Now? Well..there isn't much in the battle scenes that aren't either technically viable or about to be.

I recall when I first saw that scene on a big screen..I was in awe at the cutting edge of fantasy sci-fi. Now? I wonder which war will be the first to see in in reality and played out with UAV tech, just like that. Let's hope we don't play Kyle Reese, eh? The future isn't a nice place if we aren't careful, IMO. S/F and great thread!

(Pardon the Clip being 2 and not 1...You'd be amazed how many I just had to search through for 1 that Youtube hadn't disabled embed play for..lol)
edit on 26-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Also,

Pulp Fiction

Silence of The Lambs

Lord of the Rings trilogy

Star Wars trilogy

Watchmen

Monoke Hime

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil

Se7en

Groundhog Day

And more...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's another one i should have added to the collection:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Island - imo a potential future where the rich have clones of themselves made for medical reasons, to replace any damaged organs or other body parts. Problem is, keeping the clones fooled about their real purpose.

Network - has already come true imo

Enemy Of The State - nuff said

edit on 26-12-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If we're open to including TV for this..... Babylon 5 is the series which most comes to mind for running parallel plots to what we see now. The start in Season 1 of peace, strength, promise and prosperity ...while over the course and by the end...it's a full revolt against Earth itself and ..well..I won't ruin that for anyone who might still catch the series some day. Just think of Star Trek where they don't pretend like everyone gets along and all love on another. lol.... More realistic I'd guess. It's a shame it only ran the length it did, but then, with how it wrapped up there really wasn't anywhere else to go.

They even had developments through the plot like we see today with TSA starting as friendly and helpful security folks..to slowly and over time..morph into what amount to a Federal Police Force. for the series, that was called Nightwatch with a bit of a twist. (It even comes with deep and long running secret societies known by Season 3-4...not all even know or work with each other. Just like real life.
)

(I found a cut with all 5 seasons intro...and it's interesting to watch the radical change in tone as it comes by those.)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think total control is one of the most important movies of our time. Not many people know about it. It is a good movie with good production value, its just one of those that no one knows about. I think its important because it exposes whats going on today. Yes complete REMOTE mind control of every one on the planet. Dont take my word for it, watch the movie and research.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
maybe that one, too

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I think that trailer is for a movie called Eagle Eye, not Total Control.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not a movie, but I think the t.v. show "Jericho" is one that all need to watch. While I dont think it is 'predicting' a future event, I do think that it is something very close to our future reality.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There is only the one. And this is it:-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All quiet on the western front(1930)-
Shows how respected establishment people can use nationalism and hero-worship for influencing naive minds to engage in the crime of war.

Red-headed woman(1932)-
Shows that people who step on each other in their lust for money can get away with it.

The great McGinty(1940)-
Shows that elections are bought, and that there are people behind the scenes controlling each party so that they remain in control no matter who wins.

These are just three which immediately came to my mind, but there are many more which I may post(if not posted already).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Mr. Smith goes to Washington(1939)-
Shows that legislation can be passed while having a personal crime within that legislation. Shows that people in congress and Washington D.C., are cynical of the American respect for the constitution, and anyone trying to change this will be considered crazy.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nothing Sacred(1937)-
Shows that the media lies...and lies, and lies, and lies...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seven days in May(1964)-
JFK wanted this film made. It shows that a military coup may occur without the public having a clear idea of it happening.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My man Godfrey(1936)-
Shows the rich as being self-centered, spoiled, and insane.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Going down town. Flight of the Intruder (1991) A-6, A-7, F-8's
vietnam war

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Those with class have the courtesy to label their videos. Thank you to those who have done so.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The discreet charm of the bourgeoisie(1972)-
Shows that the upper class are empty, ridiculous morons who indulge in crimes, and have no direction in life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join