It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Assad sought asylum in Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

during the past few weeks, I have posted some threads concerning Syria, and the rapid developments that are taking place.

Speculations have been doing the rounds for the past several months about a desperate Assad seeking asylum in many countries including Russia and Latin American countries.

Source

Turkey has confirmed that Syria's beleaguered president Bashar Assad has asked Venezuela for asylum for his family as opposition forces continue to make military gains on the ground, Turkish daily Zaman reported Wednesday.

Earlier this month, Syria's Deputy Foreign Minister, Faisal Al-Mokdad visited several Latin American countries, including Venezuela. According to Zaman, he received mostly "symbolic backing" for his government's 21-month battle against the armed opposition.

Source

Another strong indicator, things in Syria are moving quickly, indeed.

SS

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Equador has been discussing offering Assad asylum, interesting events indeed! Thank heavens for South America! And I never thought I'd say that! Lol

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

When they start putting out "feelers" for possible places of asylum you know the gig is just about up! The question now is once Assad is out of the way who will be taking his place, and will it be better or worse for the people of Syria? At this point all we can do is speculate, but I hope for the sake of the people they have someone better waiting in the wings. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have to ask myself.....is it real or is it fantasy?

On one hand..I can see Assad wanting out. The decision to murder him and steal his country from him was made almost 2 years ago now and he's apparently just realizing that when Uncle Sugar says your a dead man........time is irrelevant. Uncle and his minions are very very patient folk.....to a point. Now he knows, looking around him, the decision to kill him was absolute and there is no way out for him anymore. (There never was....it just took all this to see it, I think)

On the OTHER hand......letting that slip out slams almost every door on Earth to him like the crack of a gunshot. Now, anyone he'd asked is being told they can be destroyed next ...if they'd like to harbor someone Uncle has deemed must die.

The MAIN thing I have to question here though is this.....

If we wanted to undermine Assad's office and the Syrian National Government as a whole at this stage? What is the MOST effective method? I'd say...sow dissension and distrust among the ranks of those fighting to keep Syria intact as a nation. How best to do that, might we ask? Well.... how about we press stories from all directions that suggest the man they fight FOR ...is actually looking to leave them all to die and take the cheap side door exit while they are doing it.

.....Now true or not...the effect could be his forces wondering if they should keep fighting or not? Maybe...just letting the FSA have it is easier, eh? After all... Assad's a coward looking to run. .......................Or so the stories would suggest. So what is true and what isn't? Ahh... the question millions will live and die by.

new topics

top topics

join