It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Solar Installations Cost More in the U.S. than in Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The installation cost?

the problem with American (as I live here for 18 years in California) is that the Americans have no hands on experience. They bring in experts and have learnt to do nothing for themselves. That is why the ingenuity is being lost to other countries. Get off your butt and start trying things out. In the process you will learn a lot.

As far as the installation goes, I had no idea how to do it but I tried and found it was so easy. All I had was 2 solar panels, an inverter that converted the 12v to 120v with a plugin to the house outlet. It was easy. Make a hole from the ceiling, a vent, water proof it with a $4 silicone sealant. The two solar panels need to face the sun side (South side of the house), the inverter in the addict and out of that comes the outlet that feeds to any outlet in the house, but instead of sucking energy, it puts energy into the house. It is almost as easy as installing an appliance.

Please go and pick up a thick manual with tons of step by step beautiful pictures from Home Depot. I learned plumbing, electrical, how to design a kitchen by just looking at the pictures in the book, you probably don't even have to read.

here is the box that does it, easy:

here is one for $139 on Ebay:
Ebay 250watt panels

all you need is two solar panels 250 watt each $312 each.

www.ebay.com... ebdf16c

total cost of the project:
$139 inverter + 2 x solar panels $312 + extension wires, etc = $800 and you are creating electricity for your home.

show others you can do it.It is a proud moment to create electricity. My neighbor spent $210 for last month's electricity.
The quotes that I had were $28,000 and $40,000 for installation. Stop relying on the Chinese, the Japanese, the Koreans, you are already their servants, this is the time to shine, show a backbone, get off your butt and learn, do it yourself.

I am open to point anyone who wants to do this for their selves and in turn teach others.

Other projects:
Wall garden in the kitchen - where you can grow your own tomatoes, onions, veggies or if you have the space, on the balcony.

let's do it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by true-life

You are right.
However that inverter is only 30% efficient. I would go with two micro inverters. 95%

<< 1  2   >>

join