It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What astronauts see up in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are many accounts of astronauts and cosmonauts seeing angels and other unusual beings.

here is a good compilations of such stories: ______beforeitsnews/spirit/2012/12/astronauts-see-angels-2466406.html

What is it in that unusual situation making the astronauts more able to see what we cant see on earth? at first I thought is was the hight - angels fly high, that is why astronauts can see them.

but then I realized that superior being also walk among us, spreading their grace and compassion.

Maybe it's the loneliness, causing people to listen again to their hearts, like hermits in a desert cave.

The interesting thing here is that those are scientists, educated trained atheists. if they see, that gives me hope.

John

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The cosmonauts reassured themselves that they had gone temporarily insane

"Phew! its OK we've just gone insane..."
Ok then...

I don't think that site is a credible source and often mocked on here.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnWoodland

It could be a number of scientific explanations. On earth, gravity pulls everything toward it, so for instance human beings, standing, or lying down the blood is pulled to the lowest point, away from the head. When you get in space,all that work the heart had to do to get blood to the brain is now moot. So the blood pressure with in our heads would rise, as well given the adrenaline of just having blasted off into space could have something to do with it.

We are in a weightless environment, or bodies designed to operate on earth now are out of whack being weightless. Different kinds of radiation exposure, strong magnetic fields, staring out into absolute nothingness. These can all cause various types of " Hallucinations. " As well, a lot of these accounts of " Angels" are from the earlier space program, perhaps they got gas mixtures wrong in the capsule, or had inappropriate radiation shielding on the crafts. Strange thing space is, unlike anything on earth.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnWoodland
There are many accounts of astronauts and cosmonauts seeing angels and other unusual beings.

here is a good compilations of such stories: ______beforeitsnews/spirit/2012/12/astronauts-see-angels-2466406.html

What is it in that unusual situation making the astronauts more able to see what we cant see on earth? at first I thought is was the hight - angels fly high, that is why astronauts can see them.

but then I realized that superior being also walk among us, spreading their grace and compassion.

Maybe it's the loneliness, causing people to listen again to their hearts, like hermits in a desert cave.

The interesting thing here is that those are scientists, educated trained atheists. if they see, that gives me hope.

John

Thanks for sharing John. I've seen an angel and even conversed with him. The thing is, I'm "poor" and "uneducated", and went to "kids church" so obviously my credibility is lacking from some people's perspectives, nonetheless MANY people have shared their experiences and kudos to them for not being cowards about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Cool story, but a 'group' hallucination?
I can undertsand the theory behind it, someone says " I saw an angel" then someone else might latch onto it and create their own 'visual' image of one, but the thing that confuses me is that these cosmonauts had training for months to withstand the G-forces their bodies would go through, they've all had medical exams to ensure they remain cognicient and lucid and yet they had a 'group' hallucination?
I smell something fishy myself, although I have seen a cloud that looked like a dragon before with wings, head and 4 legs but not an angel.
edit on 28/12/12 by DataWraith because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

The cosmonauts reassured themselves that they had gone temporarily insane

"Phew! its OK we've just gone insane..."
Ok then...

I don't think that site is a credible source and often mocked on here.

This site isn't a credible source of infomation at times, be fair now, ATSers do mock others here too.
I just had a thought earlier, "It happens to the best of em."

1 Samuel 21:13 So he pretended to be insane in their presence; and while he was in their hands he acted like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard.

The thing is, in order for them to keep their jobs, lives/livelihoods, they aren't supposed to do the unexpected, things are supposed to go as planned, they are evaluated physically mentally emotionally, they are under a microscope and for them to have anything more than a worldy influence would be considered a waste of worldy funding. IMO it's not insane to question one's sanity every now and then, you know the saying, "Crazy people don't know they're crazy." Do you suppose there's some truth to that saying?

top topics

join