It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Amino Acid Supplements as a Natural Treatment for Mental Health Conditions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am talking about the good old amino acids your body produces on it own.

First, take a look at the mental health conditions N- Acetyl Cysteine (N-AC) can be used to treat:

bipolar depression
schizophrenia
autism
compulsive hair-pulling
obsessive compulsive disorder
addictive behaviors: coc aine, gambling. marijuana use, and cigarette smoking (decrease use but not craving)
www.psycheducation.org...

It blows your mind to see the uses for N-AC:
www.webmd.com... E

I spent hours researching this and would strongly recommend that you do the same. One thing that you should know is that N-AC detoxifies heavy metals out of your body so you should replenish your copper and zinc with supplements.

I get N-AC on the net for treatment of bipolar depression for under $6 a month.

Another amino acid you can research for for treatment of depression and anxiety is 5HTP.

More information:

Detox with Glutathione to Improve ADHD Symptoms
www.natural-alternative-adhd-treatment.com...

The Many Benefits of Carnosine & ADHD
www.natural-alternative-adhd-treatment.com...

How to Detoxify Mercury from The Body
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/26/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thanks for the info, SEL. I use 5-HTP on a regular basis...it is a great natural mood enhancer.

On a side note, I also make all natural personal care products. I'm now using L-Carnosine and L-Carnitine in topical applications for skin. I add a lot of silk amino acids to my products too. Amino acids are amazing!

Des

edit on 26-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks, Des!

Great idea using these amino acids topically. I was reading that a magnesium deficiency is best treated topically. Wish you much success with your business in 2013.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thank You! Yes, using amino acids topically is becoming quite a science in the anti-aging field. It's mind blowing the results people, including my clients, are getting. It's a fairly new avenue of research...I find it fascinating, and have spent the whole past year in research and development of witchy potions...

I really enjoy your posts on natural products, we so desperately need in our bodies. Our current diets and lifestyles are counterproductive to living healthy, and sane.

Des

top topics

join