It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
For the past 6 months i have been having recurring dreams which cause me to try scream in my dream but it sounds like a ghost noise im making because i cant physically scream.... my partner wakes me up to my relief!

In the dream im not always in the same place but i am approached by someone wearing a mask, i cannot see what the mask is i just know i cannot see their face. i try to run but i see myself pulling on a fence or surrounding objects to make me run faster but to no avail!

i have also had an increase is sleep paralysis and sexomnia.....

should i see a doctor and see if i have an underlying sleep problem?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cmaxwell1984

Does it appear to be a shadow figure with red eyes?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sounds similar to what some alien abductees feel, the greys because they look so different, like to try disguise themselves and cover up what they look like. maybe your somewhere inbetween the process without being aware or it could just be a symbolic dream trying to release a thoughtform from your subconsciousness

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
actually iv never thought of it that way... since u mention shadow i wouldnt even consider it to be wearing a mask.... its just a dark shadow with no features. the 1st few times i had the dream the figure was lifeless.... just appeared to be staring at me... may even have had its back to me looking opposite direction. due to the lack of features i cant tell!!

its only been the past 2 dreams that it has begun to chase me.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

ok if it chased you then it is a dream

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

yeah, I've had that experience also....

Shadowy figure staring at me, Red eyes, Inability to talk or move... it was an interesting experience to say the least.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

cmaxwell,

Do you occasionally watch horror movies?
My advice is to avoid all horror movies, because this could be the cause of the bad dreams.

Sleep paralysis is actually a good thing, ...and perfectly normal.
Without sleep paralysis while you sleep, your physical body will actually act out all the movements you make in your dreams. Without sleep paralysis, your physical body will not get any rest during the night, when you sleep.

On a different note:
Please ignore the fact that my avatar is a mask.

Maybe you should just try to think of masked people as cowards. I know I won't mind.

Regards
QMask

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

cmaxwell,

If you want to understand a bit more about dreams, and how you could possibly take control of your dreams, then I would strongly recommend that you read the following book:

"Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D.

I personally found this book very interesting, entertaining and informative.

In this book, there are sections on methods of overcoming nightmares; and also a section on "Facing the Nightmare".

Regards
QMask
edit on 26-12-2012 by QMask because: Added info regarding sections in the book that deals with nightmares.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi,

when i was about 8 or 9, i was asleep and i woke up, and suddenly i feel my body trembling and paralised. I could not move. I opened my eyes to look around and i see this shadowy form hanging over me on my right side, it was like a silhouette. At that moment i became horrified by it and tried to look the other way and very quickly i saw a pink bunny that made me relax. Next thing i notice was my room where i was sleeping, and i am fully awake. I thought for a moment i dreamed it but then i realize the lights in the room are on and they were off when i went to sleep. They were about 10 feet or more from the bed, on the wall (the switch). This has been with me for years now (i am 39 now) and many times it comes to my mind and i can see it happening as if it has happened just a few minutes ago. Anyway, i had sleep paralysis for years and always felt a presence when that happened. I finally started to struggle against it as hard as i could and been free from it ever since.

Cheers,

Andro

new topics

top topics

join