It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object follows Aircraft en route from LaGuardia airport to Houston,TX [23 Dec, 2012]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
hoax, simple really, if it was genuine the gentleman would auction it off for millions to the highest bidding tv network, not post it on youtube.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think this is very genuine ufo cae waiting for FAA reports

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's a wing light. For future reference:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by RobbieK
I'll say everything before the debunkers come along. Its a water droplet. Its a sticker outside the window. Its a Chinese lantern stuck on the wing. Its an internal reflection on the camera. Its a football stadium far away in the distance because the plane is banking left. Its a flying hootenanny with whistles and bells. Your not on a plane and filmed it at home adding it with CGI. The video is just of plane darkness with the intention of adding a UFO afterwords.

Apart from all that... Ooooooooh! Wonder if anyone else on the plane seen it.

I was wondering the same thing. Grant it, this was only a minute long but I wonder if he called other people over to witness it?
We live in such a deceiving time of trickery that we can only give videos like this, our attention and that's about it. Our opinions are getting too boring, too redundant, too primitive, too cynical and are almost rendered useless now-a-days.

But this is a very interesting piece for whatever it's worth.

It is a good analysis of todays CGI capabilities, that is why I enjoy ufo testimonies from two or more sources that do not know each other. etc. Such as in the case of Gary Wilcox and Lonnie Zamora both on the same month, same year and same day etc. Plus key points of seeing the same thing etc. Same type craft, same two looking beings etc.

It would be a good thread to have is a list of ufo events with two are more witnesses that see the same thing in different locations. But it has to me the same amount of beings, the same craft on the same day with the same shape craft, the same higth of the beings etc.

What I get annoyed by so many threads at ATS is when one only sees a iight in the sky from a mile away.

Here my plea ATS

I think ufo posts at ATS should have two places to post their threads.
1. For just the secular with only one witness, but could or could not be cgi etc. and debunker could have a field day. Especially the distant ones with little dots etc. I get tired of those really.

2. UFO'S THAT ARE SUBSTANTIATED BY TWO OR MORE WITNESSES from different locations and seeing something that could not be CGI. I guess that is why I enjoy years like 1964 for genuineness. But ufo's such as the Phoenix Lights were it is a mass sighting, becomes a no brainer for at least seeing a legit ufo. Again as in the case of Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox etc.

To repeat, ATS would be upgrading their site by making a division of two different ufo sources.
!.Remote stuff - DEBUNKERS DELIGHT

2.The REAL DEAL

Maybe a third for cool documentaries
I love to watch cool videos as well, that is one reason I like to go to ATS. There are a few COOL ATSers that post great UFO videos. So a third section would be for impressive ufo documentary videos etc..

*** It would be great to go and see anything ufo as having been placed in the right bin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
It's a wing light.

You can watch this additional footage [ To eliminate the possibility that wing was the source of light ]

edit on 29-12-2012 by Equiinox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Pay attention, please. That video proves that it is a wing light. He pans to show the leading edge of the wing, then pans back to the trailing edge of the wing tip. This is where the light is situated. The top of the wing is dark, which is why you only see the leading edge.

Edit to add:

Thanks to FlySolo, who knows a thing or two about airplanes.
edit on 29-12-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: I am an idiot. Upon actually seeing the screen grab and photo side by side, I realized that I thought the seats were facing the other way, ie; that the seat was on the port side and that the "UFO" was on the trailing end. It is now painfully obvious that the seat is on the starboard side, and that the "UFO" is clearly the forward wing nav light. My apologies.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I like this.
Explanation....How about the moon reflecting off of the wing?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Nice work! I think that solves the mystery!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

That first image shows the wing and a reflection right where the wing curves upward. Pretty much just like the reflection of the sunlight in the daytime pic someone showed earlier. Good work.

If there was a wing, the inversion of the picture would have showed this. I don't see a wing anywhere.

Either this was edited out or there was no wing to begin with.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I like this.

How about.....There's an unexplained object outside the window! Oh wait...that's impossible!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I like this.

How about.....There's an unexplained object outside the window! Oh wait...that's impossible!

improbable...but certainly not impossible.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

yup, his hand's reflection overlapped that of the light ruling out interior cabin light source.

Illinois is chockfull of anomalous sky phenomena

one other possibility is cgi

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroPropulsion
reply to post by lookingfortruth79

So you didnt watch the second video where he films the wing on the right side and then the object again on the left side? And just because people here declare it CGI doesnt mean that it actually IS CGI

So you didn't read the thread at all where i posted specificlly about that 2nd footage...

1.Don't see the wing you all are saying you see a outline of. I had my wife watch for atleast 3 of the 5 times. she didn't see it either.
2. Don't see how this is a reflection from inside.
3 know that this was being shot from the right side of the plane looking fowards not backards because you can clearly see the the seat tray fastener on the back of the seat in front of him at the 0.51 mark.
4. Took a look at the secondary footage the Op put up that CLEARLY shows the wing tip and light and their relation to the "Object" .

Also, and i might be wrong but considering that i just rewatched the videos again for the 7th time, he did no such thing of video taping from both sides.. the first video was edited to remove other faces that he did not have permission to post.. the second video was more of that same footage but this time he included the wing tip and light and all of it was shot from the right side of the plane in a seat either on the wing or just behind it.

Now if anyone would like to point me to this video of him recording on the left side of the plane then i most deffintely will correct this post.

As for it being CGI... i have actually also stated in this thread how i am not quite sure of the CGI but considering nothing else has been presented as proof that it isn't CGI or a reflection..namely colaborating video from someone else on that flight then we are left with (and this seems to always be the case with these type of videos) circumstantial evidence and speculation at best.
edit on 30-12-2012 by lookingfortruth79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by lookingfortruth79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice the fog/clouds rushing over the object when he zoomed in close?

looks

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

Did anyone else notice the fog/clouds rushing over the object when he zoomed in close?

Water vapor condenses as the pressure and temperature drop as the air rushes over the wing, in keeping with Bernoulli's principle. This is further evidence that the "UFO" is in fact a navigation light on the wing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yep, that's why I mentioned it. I noticed the vapor/air moving over the object looked like as if it were moving over the wing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the movie posting.
We know UFOs start to glow when in hover or going at a slow speed.
Don't we.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Actually no, we don't. First of all a UFO is unidentified, it's flying and it's some kind of object, either light or mass. For you to make the statement that UFO's "always glow when in hover or going slow" would be only a wild guess at best.

For example, I can tell you that we know the rotation speed (Vr) is between 50-60 KIAS in a Cessna 152 with no head wind. We *know this* because it's provable and has been documented by engineers and printed in the aircraft's knee-board.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So this object remains unidentified? Seems as though no conclusion was made. I hope the video gets some more attention on here as I'd like to see further discussion on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

So this object remains unidentified?

Have you read the thread? It has been positively identified as the plane's navigation light. Someone even identified what make and model the light is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join