It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object follows Aircraft en route from LaGuardia airport to Houston,TX [23 Dec, 2012]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Yeah. It looks pretty much just like the pic of the lights I posted above.

I'm not sure its a reflection though. It could be a direct observation of one of the wing's lights. The video has obviously been cut and pieced together. This guy may have put the end of the video (when the light would have been off) in the middle to make it seem that the light reappeared.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting shaped object, if that is what it is and not some reflection etc.

enlarged and horizontally/vertically flipped;

If you look at a large plane's wing surface from a low angle, it is not smooth and flat. It dips where its riveted and bows upward between the ribs. They flex a lot in flight. These pictures look like a wing surface with light reflecting off of it.

Again, some people will believe anything.

I'm done with this thread. You all can believe whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A conversation between OP and a Youtube user :

User :

Thats the tip of the wing illuminated by the light on every wing tip.

OP :

Not on this case. The tip of the wing is also lighted with the airline's logo such as SOUTHWEST. Bright orange in color. Have you flown any commercial airlines? You always see the lighted wing with a lighted logo as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
it look kinda scary to me...

but didnt it too stable?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I think he's right, logic would dictate it is the light at the end of the wing. In this frame you can make out the structure of the wing faintly protruding out towards the light. He is obviously seated just ahead of the main wing.
Unless there is more footage from other angles or passengers the image isn't clear enough to define it as a UFO.
I thought it was interesting at first but now I see the logical answer to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know much about aircraft but if this was somebody looking backwards from their seat towards the wing, on the left hand side of the plane, shouldn't we see a navigation light on the wing tip that should be red?

I get what you're saying about a reflection from another light source on the plane itself hitting the top of the wing , but just thought I'd add this in.

www.brighthub.com...

edit on 26/12/2012 by Whatsitallabout because: Aviation logic

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

No you won't. Not all aircraft have winglets on them. The only ones that have the airline logo on the wingtip have winglets on them. The 757/767 family have only recently been modified to have winglets on them. The 767-400 series won't get them because they did something different with the wingtips to get the same effect. The 777 doesn't have them, and I don't think there are any plans to put them on that family.

reply to post by Whatsitallabout

The white light is brighter, and more noticeable than the navigation lights. The white light is on the corner of the wingtip, where the navigation lights are on the tip itself. You can't always see them from the cabin unless there is something for it to reflect off of.
edit on 12/26/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

I think he's right, logic would dictate it is the light at the end of the wing. In this frame you can make out the structure of the wing faintly protruding out towards the light. He is obviously seated just ahead of the main wing.
Unless there is more footage from other angles or passengers the image isn't clear enough to define it as a UFO.
I thought it was interesting at first but now I see the logical answer to it.

What? It isn't even remotely clear enough to be a light on an airplane! There's not even a hint of a wing that you all conveniently rest this 'light' on. I don't think it's good investigator skills to start imagining details (i.e., wing) in order to make an opinion work!

When it comes to off-world intelligent beings, it's best we suspend 'logic' sometimes in order to accept what we don't understand! Because if we keep our paradigm contained within our limited comprehension and then apply our limited knowledge on top of that then....we will never collectively get to where we have to go (and in my opinion, should already be by now).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
looks like a reflection of some interior light on the plane ceiling. The tinted glass would not reflect his hand image. I call it a light fixture reflection and I think the one photographing it knows it is.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

First we don't know what type of aircraft not all have the winglets that you mention. In flight these flight surfaces move while in flight, there are small changes and movement if ever so slight. Landing light are on the landing gear and they are pointed forward towards the runway. I know that it is hard to keep an open mind on this subject. I too want just the opposite, I want everyone to be a true ufo. Thanks

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

FAKE FAKE FAKE.....when the camera moves sideways, you see the window move with the camera, but the object remains in the dead center.

What a joke.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
why not start notifying other passengers and film them and be like DO YOU SEE THAT OR AM I MENTALLY INSANE? I would be making such an uproar they would think I was highjacking the plane until everyone looked out the window and pissed their pants...

I thought he said in his post that he took down original vid because he had people in it and didn't have their permission to post.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

FAKE FAKE FAKE.....when the camera moves sideways, you see the window move with the camera, but the object remains in the dead center.

What a joke.

It's fake how? You may be right but you do realize your post is totally useless unless you finish your thought, right?
Is it CGI'd?
Is it a hole in the glass?
Is it an interior light?
Is it an exterior light?

Feel free to add your own.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is the best image work I could do really quickly...more shall come later...gotta do my boxing day shopping

They look a bit pixeled, which leads me to believe it was added in after the fact. Just look at the outline of the object...too much distortion.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My thought was the guy used a video editing software to create this effect in the window.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The glass is doubble glazed so the reflection will seem to be coming from a different position.

If the guy has swung the camera round you would have been able to see what it was reflecting. This is why he went ogreat lengths to try to proe it was not a normal refelction by putting his hads up by the window. e probably noticed the reflection , saw it was a double flection which doesnt look like a normal reflection and decided to make a short vid to pass it off as a UFO

IMO this is astraight up fake!

edit on 26-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

That first image shows the wing and a reflection right where the wing curves upward. Pretty much just like the reflection of the sunlight in the daytime pic someone showed earlier. Good work.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't think it's good investigator skills to start imagining details (i.e., wing) in order to make an opinion work!
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm not imagining anything. I watched the video over and over and during this sequence you can clearly see the outline of the wing just outside the window.
Its a fixed object that doesn't deviate from the movement of the plane.
Man you need to calm down and just relax. It's not the end of the world.I thought it was interesting at first but then used common sense to determine there is a more logical answer than a UFO.
If you want to see a UFO when there is none then that's your right, but don't beak off at me because I have an opinion that differs from yours. I didn't jump all over your posts and call you " a bad investigator" just because you blindly believe. So I expect the same treatment in return.
Man... some people.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To stir the pot...

Southwest wing window seat

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I would say it is a UFO, it is not identified and never will be. Interesting picture though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join