It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DND removes report on killing of Canadian soldier by Israeli forces

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The Defence Department has quietly removed from the Internet a report into the killing of a Canadian military officer by Israeli forces, a move the soldier’s widow says is linked to the Conservative government’s reluctance to criticize Israel for any wrongdoing. Link

Words cannot express my disgust over this shameful act by the Government of Steve to throw one of our own under the bus so as not to embarrass his good buddies, the Israelis. When any government considers itself beyond reproach, the rule of law evaporates. And when one covers up a friend's crimes from those he reports to...in this case, the Canadian people...then one becomes an accessory.

Shame on Canada's Conservative government!
edit on 26-12-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I second every single word you've wrote. Shame to the media though who is becoming a pawn in the hands of conservatives and especially that antipathetic Harper (which by the way have no shame at all).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is news to me, so i guess the cover up is partly successful......
It angers me to hear how phoney this Harper goverment is.....their false front is slipping and the real hypocrits are standing out.
Policy has been one of rapine and sellout of Canada..... the harper goverment has gutted the the goverment of anyone who could actually blow the whistle on them.
This is another blatant example of Harper being an israeli stooge.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And I thought Harper couldn't disgust me more. The man should be hung as a traitor.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
I second every single word you've wrote. Shame to the media though who is becoming a pawn in the hands of conservatives and especially that antipathetic Harper (which by the way have no shame at all).

Sad story OP this is a shame. It seems not only the US media is becoming controlled by the GOV. When the people can not trust the GOV or the media something is very wrong indeed.

I am going to do a little research into this story thank you for sharing it with me and ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, OP.

Although I'm not Canadian, I find this to be very sad, because I always thought of Canada as the United States' more well-behaved, moral and peaceful cousin. However, the actions of Canada in the past decade have been indicative of a country that has been hijacked.

The take-over of sovereign nations cannot be denied when they all behave in the same cravenly, cowardly manner, against the will of their citizens and the greater good.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Op... I hate to be the pain here but you know me. It's my specialty!

Seriously.... I looked over this and read not only your Link but additional material I could find because I hadn't recalled hearing a thing about this. It's no wonder now that I read the article and see at the bottom .... Canada didn't even inform the families of the dead before the Media did it for them. Tacky.... VERY tacky... It didn't even occur to Ottawa that perhaps.. just maybe.. Families become the 1st, if brief, priority? Oh well... I'm assuming human decency in anything serving a Government. I know.. Silly me.... lol

The problem here...and maybe you can help, OP, is a total failure to understand the outrage here......because I don't understand what happened here.

Unfortunately, the very explanation is what isn't there anymore and we're left the statements of wives, friends and family. To them, The Isaeli Government could easily have assassinated these guys as a national priority or something... I wouldn't even argue this to THEM.... Emotional pain fogs everything.

So what did happen here? Israel MUST HAVE SOME reason for this...even a BAD reason but they can't just have said "Ooops... Doh... dunno how that happened...who got shelled again??"

I'd also note, for whatever horrible twist of fate, Canadians seem to have far worse luck than average where shooting is happening. The Alternative is to say the U.S. has been has determined to murder Canadian citizens as some say this was by Israel. Err..... -tilt- ..malfunction to logic...it doesn't have any without more info?

U.S. Bombs Canadian troops again

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Canadian troops narrowly missed serious injury or death when a U.S. jet dropped a 225-kilogram laser-guided bomb on their position this month in an incident frighteningly similar to the friendly fire attack that killed four Canadian soldiers in 2002.
Source

^^ As a final note in my confusion .... Israel doesn't survive by it's OWN power. It's one hell of a regional power, given the situation ...but that last part is the key and always has been. "Given the situation..." Less than 7 Million Jews on land smaller than New Jersey (A LOT less with the Sinai is taken out) will die fast, hard and horribly if the world EVER gets the impression Israel is TRULY ALONE in a fight to come. A dumb incident like this could make that happen and cost them every Jew living within those borders.....all because the West gets pissed and says 'Fight your own battles!'. That's almost ALL it would take.

^^ So what about these 4 men and that lonely outpost on their northern border justified risking the future of a nation to kill them?? Or was this actually a tragic tragic mistake ...or sheer criminal incompetence? Hmm..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Op... I hate to be the pain here but you know me. It's my specialty!

Seriously.... I looked over this and read not only your Link but additional material I could find because I hadn't recalled hearing a thing about this. It's no wonder now that I read the article and see at the bottom .... Canada didn't even inform the families of the dead before the Media did it for them. Tacky.... VERY tacky... It didn't even occur to Ottawa that perhaps.. just maybe.. Families become the 1st, if brief, priority? Oh well... I'm assuming human decency in anything serving a Government. I know.. Silly me.... lol
The problem here...and maybe you can help, OP, is a total failure to understand the outrage here......because I don't understand what happened here.

So what about these 4 men and that lonely outpost on their northern border justified risking the future of a nation to kill them?? Or was this actually a tragic tragic mistake ...or sheer criminal incompetence? Hmm..
No pain, Dude...a well-reasoned response.

Von Clausewitz coined a phrase...The Fog of War...which was repeated more recently by your Robert McNamara. No real need to explain it, except to note that in this day and age of unprecedented individual personal detachment from the act of killing, it is bound to increase. I will be generous enough to concede that Israel may well have targeted this UN post in error. Others may say the same of the attack on the USS Liberty. But for the sake of this discussion, lets blame the fog of war.

Where the slime starts to ooze is in the Government of Steve's apparent cover-up of events. You screw up, you start with an apology and a determination to set things right. We teach our kids that...our elected officials don't seem to get it. Possible reasons why start to get even more odious. This is not about Israel...it is about Steve.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
*** Throws up..***

I'm just leaving this here as a place holder. I will await for my rage to subside and then fill in an appropriate response.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Ahhh... I see your point a bit better now and forgive my reading the meaning a bit differently, at least in part. The focus of topics here recently makes it an easy leap to make....tho no less a mistake on my part for making it where that's concerned.

Indeed... taking this strictly from the side of response, reaction and truth known about the event (whatever the underlying cause turned out to be), I suppose it is a great deal clearer.

Your countrymen were killed...even murdered to hear some say, and not by one strike ....but 2 strikes consecutive and across some period of time. I.E..... What part of 'DON'T SHOOT THAT SPOT' didn't artillery people get the first time, right?

That is a bit baffling as to why the Nation who lost the people would be the ones most motivated to cover it like that? Harper have some private agendas on this one? It happened right around the general time he took office...so it's not like it could be some long running secret in his closet. Odd.... It really is, now that I think of it more from your specific direction.

Just why would Canada CARE to cover what was already produced and apparently, already deemed by some to be plain and truthful enough to be released openly .....but THEN..only THEN..something is noticed that shouldn't have been there? I guess Harper never heard of Redaction and re-release? Err.

Okay OP.... You got me hooked on the fact something does stink here once I look beyond the initial issue of how such an event happened in the first place.
(Perhaps a few nations are in bad need of internally pushed regime change, eh?)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Good 'ole Harper...

Elections can't come any sooner.
edit on 27/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Interesting and freakin' disgustingly shameful all at once.

It's strange - the Australian or New Zealand governments have never really cowtowed to Israel all that much, yet the British, United States and Canadian governments seem to be bent over a barrel by your Zionist allies in the Middle East.

This goes far beyond the likes or dislikes of one eminently-forgettable Canadian Prime Minister - there's some massive "strategic" reason why the bulk of the English-speaking Western Powers and their allies are ready to bend over backwards for Israel.

Israel is a state born from terrorism against the British occupiers of the land called Palestine. I mean that quite literally. Zionist terrorists fought a shooting and bombing war against the British and when the British wiped their hands of it all, it led directly to the creation of the state of Israel. The British supported Jewish rule in Palestine from at least the 1850s as a buffer between the British possessions in Egypt and those dastardly Russians with whom they and the French had just finished a military tiff in the Crimea.

Are the Russians still a terrible threat to the region even though the Cold War has been over since 1991? Are the Israelis going to save our oil from Islamic fundamentalism? Have the Israelis temper tantrumed to the extent that they have privately informed NATO of their intention to exercise the last-ditch "Samson option" in the event that US and western military aid dries up? There's always a reason. I wonder what it is in the case of Canada?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling
It's strange - the Australian or New Zealand governments have never really cowtowed to Israel all that much, yet the British, United States and Canadian governments seem to be bent over a barrel by your Zionist allies in the Middle East.
At best, Steve is pandering to the Jewish vote. No surprise there...every party courts ethnic and religious communities. However, I suspect that the real truth is that, based on the fact that Steve is an evangelical Christian, he is following the American loony-right as a Christian Zionist. In essence, support of Israel will bring on the final conflict and the much-vaunted "Rapture".(cue angels)

On the one hand, Jews must find this concept an odious exploitation of their self-determination, given that part of the equation calls for their eventual conversion to Christianity. On the other hand...Israel is not in a position to turn down assistance.

I really hope that this bizarre scenario is not behind Steve's blind support of the state of Israel...right or wrong...even when it comes to Canadian deaths. But I fear it is.

edit on 27-12-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

new topics

top topics

join