It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody else receive strange phone calls every day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I win a cruise to some exotic location every month...

The best part is when I have to go pick up my tickets in FL...I live in WA.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Robo calls. Normal. Beeps are them disconnecting. Numbers change constantly to keep origination company unknown to recepient.

Its not anything....just annoying.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by bdomihizayka
I have phone calls EVERY DAY on my cell phone from multiple numbers and they are always looking for the same person; and i always tell them that this is not that person and so on...... it's really odd...

It's really not odd ..Numbers are reused, numbers are similar..

And deadbeats & identity thieves deliberately give out wrong numbers that can't be traced back to them when they are making phony merchandise orders they have no intention of paying for.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I read on here, actually that if you press the # button on your phone a few times during the call it messes up the caller and knocks your number out. I've tried it and seems to work. We don't get as many as we use to.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I win a cruise to some exotic location every month...

The best part is when I have to go pick up my tickets in FL...I live in WA.

yeah me too. It always has that foghorn blowing in the beginning of the message.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

Most likely, this is some sort of scam caller, or in some cases, some charity call, with an auto dialer. What I would do is take note of all the numbers, and look them up online. There are sites that allow people to post such calls, and you might find out who it is that way. Also, if you are not on the "do not call" list, get your number on there. That will filter out telemarketers (to a point). Charity calls can still come in, though, and scammers won't obey that list, either. In any case, it's not likely anything sinister. More of an annoyance.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A few times!! What is really weird is when you call the same number back, it has been disconnected. Even when you do talk to someone, do not give them any personal information. Have you had any weird disturbance in back ground noise on a call?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I think everybody gets them from time to time a lot. I know I do, I really don't keep track of it at all, but some months ago there was random dudes calling me always asking if this is so and so, I respond no then they hang up. Around the same time or a few moths after that I got random calls from some woman who did the same thing, not sure exactly what she was going on about but the whole random wrong number thing.

The funny thing is you would think that the first 3 times on calling you and you telling them they have the wrong number they would stop calling you, but ya it happened at random for a few more days I think, once I think I even heard snickering so it could of just been a prank. But I am not sure because most of the times I got those calls I was at work, and I work at the airport and there is aircraft noise everywhere and really you just don't care to listen to random calls from people who you have no clue who they are, or what they want. And the thing is I think it was either the same woman and guy or there were a few different people who sounded sort of the same over the phone who kept calling me over and over with the whole wrong number thing.

The worse ones though are stupid bots, or the people trying to sell you stuff. Once I remember I got a text in the middle of the night, I basically just pushed buttons to end the text. Only to find out come the phone bill that I subscribed to some junk which they were charging me for. That and about 4 months ago, man I swear I was ready to throw the phone out the window. I get this phone call from somebody who sounds like he does not even speak English who wanted me to get something that he was selling, and he wanted information and all that. I tell him NO srry not interested and hang up.

Later at night when I am sleeping, I get a call from this guy again, the messed up thing is he kept calling me for the same # the whole dam night, like every 10 to 20 minutes for about 5 hours straight he kept calling me while I was trying to sleep. At about the 4th time I told him to # off and quit calling this number with his stupid #...And ya he kept calling, over and over again, at around the 6th call, i just ignore it and try to sleep. And finally clicked in my sleepy head to turn my dam phone off, at around the 9th call.

So ya! I rarely use the phone anyways, if it was not for the fact that I need it to get and send texts from work I would throw that thing out the window and be happy about it. I have not got any stupid phone calls or any random or wrong numbers or whatever for a few months now, but it does happens from time to time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join