It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MRSA superbug strain found in UK milk supply

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the block, so it may be surprising that a grown man - or more accurately, 'a grown child' (me) - only recently learned that all human adults were once unable to consume dairy. If I understand correctly, children could drink milk, but, as they entered puberty and eventual adulthood, there was a change in their system and were no longer capable of tolerating dairy consumption.

In a moment, I will look and edit this, or maybe one of you can set me straight if I am really way off.... At some time in our past, a mutation arose that allowed some people to tolerate dairy consumption. This mutation spread and eventually brought us to where we are today, a place where the majority of humans carry this mutation, with the minority remaining lactose intolerant.

I was once told the religious belief of excluding meat from one's diet arose, not from religious ideology, but because the meat preservation methods were poor and would often result in members of the community becoming ill, with some of them dying. In order to prevent further illness in their community, they began excluding meat from their regular diets.

I don't know if either are true, but it makes sense if they are correct.

It may not seem like it, but I am trying to link this to the OP...

Could it be that our evolution, coupled with our desire to avoid illness from dairy consumption, discarded the need for milk after childhood, as a way to protect the greater population mass from undesirable illness and death?

If milk was a carrier of very dangerous viruses and/or diseases, but also contained vitamins crucial to a child's early health and development, evolution may have taken the risk of some children becoming ill in order to benefit from the mother's supply of nutritionally valuable milk. Once the child reached puberty or adulthood, there was no longer a need for the risk, so we developed an intolerance to dairy.

As our immune systems grew stronger and continued to evolve, the absence of dairy for generations may have tricked our immune systems into believing it was no longer a threat.?. Possibly, by the time adults developed the mutated ability to drink milk, viruses and disease carried in milk may have become ineffective against most humans' with healthy immune systems. If true, it could be a combination of evolving immunities, as-well-as upgraded methods of dairy processing and storage, that have allowed the continued consumption of milk and other dairy products.

Something so universally threatening as cause for the development of intolerance in an entire species, as a way to insure future progeny, must be a seriously efficient host of deadly or excruciating disease and virus.

Our current methods of creating a safe dairy product have been efficient enough to keep the dangerous viruses and diseases from causing any real threat. However, as evolution goes, maybe this latest strain of MRSA is an indicator that evolution has, once again, begun to produce deadly virus and disease strains that can resist Pasteurization and refrigerated storage.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am no expert. This comment was based on things I heard about in the past, but I have never been properly educated on the subject. So, if I am way out in fantasy land with this comment, I apologize.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

You make some good points and ask several interesting questions, regrettably I am unable to answer any of it with any certainty. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will come by and help out.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They need to stop pumping the cows full of antibiotics

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Jesus Christ. This is very scary. So should we maybe stop drinking milk here in the UK for a while?

I'm totally serious. Would UHT milk have the same problems?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That MRSA is bad and what is really bad if you are sick and go to hospital, good luck, because there is a good chance of catching it in hospital.

They, the people in hospital act like they don't want to talk about MRSA in hospital, as far as I know the only cure is you own immune system.

My brother caught it in hospital, said it was fine, they cut his foot off, I had some weird infection on my foot, my toe nail fell off. The hospital said there was nothing to worry about,.

That MRSA is everywhere, better does self on some immune boosters.

It's probably all over those cows, so that means the cows are sick to start with, high heat will kill MRSA, but then you still gots madcow DEZZs, maybe.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Milk is for babies, we have been a parasite on cattle in general for long time. OJ has more calcium, plus the calcium in milk is blocked from being absorbed, by processing.
So unless you are drinking raw milk is no good anyhow, yuk!

Apple juice is way better. or Almond milk.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I wonder if colloidal silver can help with this.

Seeing as Man is messing iwth nature on a daily basis its only a matter of time before something truly horrifying happens, whether its something in the foodchain or a 'miracle' cure.
TPTB want the 'miracle' cure thing, the miracle is the 'useless eaters' are eradicated.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

My answer to the problem:

I believe the answer is to stay away from cow's milk altogether.
That means NO dairy products whatsoever.

The problem is that on commercial farms, the cows are forced to over-produce milk. In some cases, cows will produce up to 10x times (or more) the amount of milk that would have been normal for the cow while feeding a young calf. A young calf only needs about 2 litres of cow's milk per day in order to grow big and strong. Cows on commercial farms are forced to produce MUCH more than that.

The other problem is that the consumption of cow's milk by humans causes osteoporosis in humans, and the deterioration of eye sight.

Personally, I haven't consumed any dairy products (cow's milk, cheese, cream, etc.) in almost two years.

In place of cow's milk, I rather consume the following:
rice milk (organic and non-organic),
coconut milk,
soy milk (to a lesser extend),
almond nut milk (when I can find it, and afford it)

Regards
QMask
edit on 26-12-2012 by QMask because: Fixed a spelling mistake.

edit on 26-12-2012 by QMask because: Added some comma's.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Nowhere in the animal kingdom will you find that the milk of one species is consumed by another species.
It is just not natural.

Humans think they are clever, and they break this rule, ...to their own detriment.

I highly recommend Gary Yourofsky's talk on this subject, and the subject of consuming animal products in general.

Regards
QMask

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
About a decade ago I went to Washington DC to speak out regarding labeling of foods....There was the USDA and the FDA in attendance along with a panel of scientists and Greenpeace.

I remember a scientist stated specifically that he would recommend not drinking milk due to high levels of antibiotics and blood from infectious pus that was in the milk supply......I quit drinking milk immediately after that. Now my kids will drink organic milk, but I am currently trying to get them to LIKE almond milk (which is what I drink)

As far as MRSA, it is located in the nares where it thrives. There is an antibiotic ointment that you swab inside your nose twice a day for a week to kill it.....Does it kill the super MRSA strains though? That I do not know.....!!

HAND WASH!!! OFTEN!! And don't pick your nose!!!!

MRSA Facts

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I do agree with most of what you are saying here and the milk industry of today is cruel and inhumane. Taking the calves away after 24 hours and the veal industry and badger culling.

My cat loves milk though and cheese as does my dog..

I do drink milk in my coffee and tea and I am trying to cut down on cheese, but it is a big weakness. I hate myself for being a party to the cruelty of the many in the milk industry.

It does not have to be this way, I remember when I was young spending time on a diary farm with a small herd, they were allowed to graze in lovely fields and were milked twice a day, it did not seem to be cruel.

Then again - the more I think about it logically, keeping an animal permanently pregnant so that we can consume the milk meant for its baby --- yea it is horrid.

I wish we could have cruelty free food.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wouldnt heating the milk in the microwave or on the stove kill the bug? funny how people get so scared.I swear its a friggin fear campaign against milk;

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My wife is one big toe short of what she was born properly with...by MRSA. My mother didn't stop there. The toe only started the dance...then she lost most of her foot because the first amputation didn't get it all. That was MR/E-Coli.

This Multiple Resistance is getting scary and moving into game ending potential for us all. I suppose it's about a thousand years ago on another planet for how history is viewed these days...but it was within the lifespan of my Grandparents that a simple skin cut could turn into a lethal complication and kill someone. A paper cut... FATAL?! Yeah...and not that long ago.

Oh Corruption, how the road to Hell is paved with bricks of golden intent, eh? Brick by brick it's come. Antibiotics allowed under any circumstances for the treatment of a virus ...because ignorant patients demand a prescription to leave with. ..... Antibiotics to all livestock at some level so they can be perfect pillars of profit production without so much as an infection to trouble a vet with ....or lose precious weight for sale day.

Indeed...right down to how High School kids have run their own little tests with legitimate labs to determine results ....to find trace antibiotics in our lakes, rivers, streams and soil. Err... Doh! While we're feeding each other and every animal on earth we control with these ......that road gets longer. Brick by Brick....because what goes IN, DOES come out...doesn't it? ...and bacteria learn ...daily..they learn by low exposure..how to survive it.

I'd recommend people not get minor cuts starting sooner than we want to admit. It could kill you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
reply to post by magma

Totally agree, I stopped consuming cow juice a few years back. It is sickening to see all these grown infants constantly being suckled into a sedated state of existence by their overlords.

OMG that is a great line!

As far as the new strain and our anti-biotics... as we've killed off all our predators but ourselves, this is the only population control we have any longer and it should be no surprise that our fiddling along with Nature's creativity is making more and more deadly bugs.

As far as a zombie apoc, I hope that they are slow shamblers and not the fleet footed sprinter types! Life is far easier when you can just amble away from your enemies!

Derek

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

Coconut Milk actually hydrates and is good for digestion.

I still eat Cheese, but its usually just in the organic pasta's i eat. Which are like 3$ a box and only serve two people.

I (and other regular people) didn't create any monster, when i (or we were) was born, the monster was already here, there was little to nothing I (or we could) can do about it at this time except hope for the best.

Coconut milk isn't actually milk its coconut juice

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't drink that calcium leaching, osteoporosis causing, white poison anyway. It's sugar water not milk. Glad I made the decision to switch to Raw milk (the real stuff) awhile ago.
edit on 26-12-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Wonder if essential oils can kill off this resistant one. Oregano oil seems to be the strongest oil.

I better stock up.
That stuff is potent.
Luckily I didnt have to use it as much at all anymore because
one thing I did was cut out MILK and dairy products!
Healthy eating is the key to good health.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Get your milk from a small, respectable, family-owned farm. One that forbids GMOs, one that feeds their cows REAL GRASS (instead of rocket fuel, concrete, plastic pellets, and other dead ground up cows), and one that keeps the animals healthy instead of pumping them full of antibiotics.

Trust me. There are LOTS of local places you can meet people to help you in the quest for real food. Lots of alternative grocery stores support these farms, at least in Canada. And when spring rolls around, local farmers' markets are a gold mine.

Also, the body responds VASTLY different to raw milk and fermented raw milk products than conventional, pasteurized, hormone and chemical laden rGBH nasty Frankenmilk.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's expensive to buy real milk, but it's supporting something good, and those fat-soluable vitamins are critical to tooth and bone health. You won't find any CLA in those soy and almond milks, but you will likely find GMOs (if soy), and some carageenan.

I was a flaming vegan, going strong, until one day, seven years into it, my body suddenly crashed. We have to defend the food supply. The few farmers out there that haven't been broken by Monsanto and refuse to submit to their disgusting ways desperately need all the support they can get.

I went vegan, partially because the nasty reactions my body had to conventional dairy. I had mucus, I was in pain, I had acne, I used to have to eat lactaids... and realizing the disgusting truths of Big Ag is shocking.

Real dairy, on the other hand, does no such thing to the body, or to the planet. Good farmers that keep healthy animals true to the way nature intended are nothing like those Meat Your Meat horrorshows.

The horrorshows are real... and they need to stop, especially before tons of people die of MSRA, or worse. In the meantime, support those whose farms are free of MSRA and antibiotics.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustgibberisH
Wouldnt heating the milk in the microwave or on the stove kill the bug? funny how people get so scared.I swear its a friggin fear campaign against milk;

Not everybody drinks their milk warm.
The milk is supposedly been pasteurized so what more can anyone do at home?
And microwaving is bad for your food.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why do cows produce milk ?
For their off-spring. Not for another species to mass produce and drink - if we get infected from it we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join