It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have a question for you. How can you tell the difference between the "real" world and the "dream" world? I don't mean for it to sound like the Matrix movie, but that's what it sounds like. Is there really a difference? Honestly, there is not a difference between the two? In both states, your mind is working, living an imaginary life, thinking that it's real, when it's all just an illusion. Just think of those dreams you have while you sleep, those that you thought were "real". What if you didn't wake up? You would be dreaming your life if you didn't wake up. But, when you "wake up", it is almost like a shift in your reality, like you have entered a whole new world. All that has happened in this waking up is that you now have the ability to consciously move about. You're in a position of control after you wake up. Then, how do you explain lucid dreaming? In lucidity, you have the control necessary, like in the real world--this shows that everything, even when you think you are awake, is nothing but one long dream. Sometimes, when you have a nice dream, you don't want to wake up from it, it's like you wake in the morning after a nice dream, and you say, "ahh, darn, why did I have to wake up? Can't I live that dream any longer? Please, God, let me go back to sleep?" In your dreams, while you are "sleeping", you are able to experience unimaginable things. The ability to leap great heights, travel to the moon, be rich with material wealth, be the President of the United States. All this is happening while you dream and it is happening in your mind, it is all a reality just as much as "this". When you dream and when you think you are awake, it is nothing but a shift to a dream where you have a greater control. Just imagine if you were to let all those wonderful dreams happen in your "real" life! You'd be President of the USA, you'd have your world peace, etc. Let your dreams guide "this" dream that you call the waking state.

What is the difference between the real world and the dream world?

join