It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why didn't we go back to the moon.?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

the technical point is were the lunar orbits real we would be in possession of precise tracking data. as we have no such data per nasa itself one concludes the orbits never occurred. there is no other way to read it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gingerlee

Why would we need precise data now? The only things we had in orbit recently were two unmanned probes, and they deliberately crashed them into the moon surface. They would only require super precise orbital data if there was something there, or if there was a manned mission going.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

we do not need the data , but we would like to have the actual apollo data to play with. my son is a space enthusiast. he wanted to see the data on the subject. he does not need it. he is curious and wants to play with it. nasa says it does not exist. I say , were the orbits real, the data would exist. my son is now wondering a bit what it all means.
edit on 27-12-2012 by gingerlee because: spellings

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

It is anecdotal, because you're telling me about it without any kind of corroboration.

In any case, you deftly dodged the points I made, namely if it had been faked then how the hell did the USA manage to keep it from the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, Indians and Japanese (plus the myriad of other nations with the required radio and tracking technology)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

take a look for yourself. I'd encourage you to buy or borrow the program and write to nasa. no reason for starry night to make this up. say they were making that up. pretty weird thing to be telling everyone don't you think? I think it is safe to say the data does not exist. if you believe it really does exist or doesn't but no big deal, I say fine we simply disagree.
edit on 27-12-2012 by gingerlee because: spellings

edit on 27-12-2012 by gingerlee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

It is really neither here or there, to be honest. The fact remains that in order to have faked the moon landings, NASA would have had to fool every other technologically advanced nation on the planet. Until it is explained how they did this, missing data on a 3rd party program isn't proof of anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

the technical point is were the lunar orbits real we would be in possession of precise tracking data. as we have no such data per nasa itself one concludes the orbits never occurred. there is no other way to read it.

This argument is unsound. The lunar orbits can be calculated without precise tracking data. The tracking data was useful only insofar as it allowed them to make correction maneuvers as necessary.. There would be no reason to keep this data once its usefulness was at an end. Just because a data set was discarded after its usefulness was over does not mean that what generated the data set never happened. You can do better than that, Patrick.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The Earth atmosphere is the loose radiation shield calculated by Tesla
to be good as 3 feet of lead. This would mean Moon or Mars or ship
travel needs the same protection.

Where does Tesla calculate that?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

it is not an anecdote. I am looking at the text now. it is not starry nights claim it is nasa' s statement or explanation if you will that these are best estimates. the starry night people are not making this up. they are about as pro nasa as one can get. unfortunately for nasa's credibility starry night tells it as it is . I would suggest you check the software out yourself and write to nasa about it. should be beyond enlightening.

Please scan or post a link, then.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Biggest cover up or lie Ever.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by donniered

All you're doing is proving yourself to be a bit of plonker. Have you even read any of the posts in this thread?

If so, why not offer a counter argument, instead of a rather foolish one-liner which, incidentally, is against the T&C's.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Could be something simple like costs too much or "been there, done that". I think budget cuts have a lot to do with it though.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The lunar trajectories of the nine Apollo missions, which flew to the Moon and back during the 1960's and 1970's, were calculated by analyzing official archived NASA data. By leveraging the sophisticated technology that powers all Starry Night software, Starry Night Apollo allows space enthusiasts to view the moon and celestial objects just as they appeared decades ago -- emulating the Apollo crew's actual space travel experience.

www.collectspace.com...

So Imaginova used publicly available data to do their own calculations. I'm not sure what sort of data you think there should be but this will give you an idea of the sort of data which is available.
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

As has been mentioned orbital data could be off by a significant amount without affecting the mission.
10 miles in altitude is easy to correct for in rendezvous.

The big reason we didn't go back was we ran out of money to feed the geologists dreams.
IIRC the budget for Apollo was 4.4% of the total federal budget. Now NASA gets about 0.53%.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is so sad so many people still believe we went to the moon. I think it's like people how going on about santa to there kid's. Make's them feel good.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by donniered

And, once again, you ignore all the posts that contradict you to repeat your tired old line with zero evidence to back it up. If you don't believe we went to the moon, at least have the common decency to say why and engage in debate.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If it had been faked then how the hell did the USA manage to keep it from the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, Indians and Japanese (plus the myriad of other nations with the required radio and tracking technology)

Think of the implications:

Let's assume the N.A.S.A. did fake the Lunar missions.
What I'm about to say states how rediculous that statement really is -

What would happen to the American credibility when found out by any other nation
when they venture to the moon..beit in the past 30 years..the present..or the future..?

Do you "hoax believers" understand world economics..?
Do you understand the implications of what other Nations would do to such a Nation whom
decieved other nations..?

How about embargo's..
Or being ousted from NATO..?
The laughing stock of planet Earth..?
Not EVER to be trusted again in the face of the world!
And yes, possibly even faced with war..if not by another country -
then internally by it's own people - for how could a Nation ever trust
the deciever Government..?

It would cause Anarchy!

Do you really think any country could take that chance..?

We most definately went there.
We don't go back because it is much cheaper to send probes.

The hoax believers should be more concerned with why did NASA
reciently nuke the moon..?
Especially just after Japan and India released information saying that
in the near future they were going to send their own probes followed by
their own mannned missions!

What was NASA destroying that they didn't want other Nations to find..?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

You are kidding right?

LCROSS Mission is where NASA bombed (if you will) the Moon with a booster to see if the could kick up water/ice from a dark crater.

No nukes involved.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

You are kidding right?

LCROSS Mission is where NASA bombed (if you will) the Moon with a booster to see if the could kick up water/ice from a dark crater.

No nukes involved.

Thank you for the correction..
The rocket in question weighed 2.2 tons.
It was carrying the equivalent of a force of 1.5 tons of dynamite.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

the text reads, "the nasa data available is a "best estimate" so any achieved accuracy would still be speculative in nature"

translation, "this is so critical to our hoax, we can' t even make up this data, because you will try to corroborated it with photos and other lies we spawned off on you guys, the gullible of the public, and that would bring the whole stinking mess down"

truth hurts don't it?
edit on 27-12-2012 by gingerlee because: quote had extra word

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join