It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw the movie : The Hobbit. (My Review & My Rate)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've just got back from watching the hobbit in 3D at the movies and may i say it was really good!!!

When it comes to 3D movies i hate watching movies in 3D as you have to wear glasses, but in this case it was worth seeing it!, I assume there will be 3 movies of the hobbit because the ending showed signs of a 2nd movie leading towards it.. The story line was Great!, The acting was Great, The graphics was Great, the best part of the movie i have to say was the quotation lines they had in it.

I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars

Trailer may look kind of boring but i guess this is the type of movie you will need to see to judge for yourself

edit on 26-12-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i didnt like the "humor" too much, LOTR was never funny so this is kinda weird..other than that the movie was good

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i didnt like the "humor" too much, LOTR was never funny so this is kinda weird..other than that the movie was good

Just seen it to
I felt the same way you did

Oh and to much singing, even the trolls in the movie sings

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Im a huge Tolkien fan boy including all the works that Christopher Tolkien added.

If you know the story of the Hobbit then some of the things in the movie will drive you crazy as they were clearly added for no other reason then to tie into the Rings movies.. That's ok, movies are made to be both successful first and tell a story .

If you are not familiar with the story then I think the movie would be much more enjoyable.

Either way I did not feel quite the sense of "wow this is amazing" that I saw when seeing Fellowship for the first time. Maybe that is because the world that Peter Jackson was describing was new and going into this you sort of knew what to expect with him.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I have to disagree about LOTR never being funny. Those films are loaded with comedy. Think about it. There was drama, action, romance, horror, but also lots of laughs: Gandalf bumping his head in Bag End, Merry and Pippin setting of the fireworks and Bilbo's party, the constant competition between Gimli and Legolas, Sam and Gollum, GollumA and GollumB. I could go on and on. Pretty much about 90% of what Gimli and Pippin contribute is comedic relief. You should watch them again looking for the funny bits. I would agree that the Hobbit is FUNNIER than LOTR, but that is appropriate in faithfulness to the books.
edit on 26-12-2012 by jahn369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

I understand where you are coming from, but keep in mind that, while "The Hobbit" is the prequel to "The Lord of the Rings", it wasn't written in the same style. "The Hobbit" is more of a childrens adventure book and has a elementry to middle school reading level.

"The Lord of the Rings" is a story that has a much darker feel to it since they are literally fighting to save the world from total annihilation of humans and good in the world. "The Hobbit" does sets the stage up for "LOTR" trilogy, but is actually just an epic Fantasy/Adventure story with a touch of humor to hookline most kids to young adults.

Personally, I think Peter Jackson has stayed close to the nature of the book, while still giving it his own artist spin on it as he did with the LOTR. Now, it should not be a made into a trilogy since it could be contained in one movie by itself, but because I love J.R.R. Tolkiens books and Peter Jacksons renditions of them....I won't complain!
edit on 26-12-2012 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
One of the reasons that I loved the book of The Hobbit was the humor. I read it for the first time at age 15, and reread it shortly before the movie was released. Since it's been 11 years since I last read it I wasn't sure if I would still experience it the same but I did; the book made me laugh a lot
Reading The Hobbit was a very positive experience, so I was really glad to see the humor also came back in the movie!

I thought the movie was great, despite the fact I can't see 3D (blind eye) it looked amazing! Truly an amazing job done again
Can't wait to see it for a second time.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

That gives me hope! I am so restless to see it! See Gandalf, Galadriel, Legolas... see Thranduil, who looked awesome in pictures! I am also thrilling to hear the dwarfs's song! It was so beautiful in the thriller!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

If you were a fan of the cartoon movie back in the day, you'd likely have enjoyed it more. The homages were everywhere, even the same songs. I think Jackson was trying to blend the best of both (the cartoon, and the other LOTR movies). I think he succeeded, though some parts were WAY too long.

top topics

join