It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and a request for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
HI all great thread ! my son is doing an 7th grade science fair project to vary the length of the antenae and record the results. I don't know much about electronics can anyone show me how to actually make the connections? He has all the parts. I would really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Shirak
So after hearing about this and watching a video on it I wanted to test the design for myself.
My Shopping list.
Shopping list.
4 - Germanium Diodes (1N34)
2 - 100 uF 50V electrolytic Capacitors
2- 0.2 uF 50V ceramic capacitors
Antenna or wire.

I bought extra and bought it all on ebay it was less than 3 dollars for mats for one and I didn't pay freight so win.
anyhoo.
I tested it outdoors near dusk.

I then tested it indoors near a radiant energy source.

The output was 7.07 Volt DC and 0.10 amp.
Anyways made two of these circuits and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what the best way to connect the two in parallel is I am hoping to increase my outdoor output by using more antenna arrays.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Shirak because: Spelling

HI all great thread ! my son is doing an 7th grade science fair project to vary the length of the antenae and record the results. I don't know much about electronics can anyone show me how to actually make the connections? He has all the parts. I would really appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
welcome to ats, sorry i can't be of any help, but welcome any ways good luck to you and your son.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
welcome to ats, sorry i can't be of any help, but welcome any ways good luck to you and your son.

Thanks for the welcome. Glad I stumbled onto the site there are some great/interesting topics.

It should be easy to do I just can't see the screen too well eyes are getting old!.
edit on 26-12-2012 by ScienceFair because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

top topics

join