It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ha ha, Meet the press host under investigation for holding up "illegal" high capacity magazine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A Meet the Press host is in hot water after holding up a high capacity "assault weapon" magazine while interviewing Wayne LaPierre about gun law legislation. Unfortunately for him, its illegal to even possess one of those magazines in the District of Columbia. Police are investigating. Looks like they've got some pretty good video evidence to take to trial, if it goes that far.

DC Police Investigating NBC’s David Gregory for Possible Gun Law Violation

Police in Washington DC are investigating whether NBC’s David Gregory violated the city’s gun law when he held up a high-capacity magazine for ammunition during Sunday’s episode of Meet the Press.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier confirmed to Breitbart that her department is “investigating the incident to determine if the magazine was in fact real.”

In D.C., it is illegal to possess “any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm.” NBC’s Meet the Press is usually taped in DC.

The Blaze

If the cops do take action against this guy, I hope Nelson is there when it happens to dish out some serious ridicule.

[snip]

Ha Ha, you got busted for breaking the law you want to foist onto the rest of the nation.

Here's the video evidence of the crime.

edit on 12/26/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh what a world we live in thank you for this story

Perfect way to start the day. I can assume nothing will come of this, but man how ironic would that be

We all know if an average person was caught with one of these and didnt know any better they are still getting more than a slap on the wrist.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That is some funny shiz right there. Never cared much for "meet the Press"...

[snip]
edit on 26-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The problem is all these hosts are so ignorant of gun laws and how a gun operates yet they feel they have the need to tell us how to use guns and what we can and cant do.

These hosts are not bright people. there just faces that read off teleprompters .

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If he gets away with it that'll set the defense precedence for every one caught with one of these mags.

If it comes out that it was fake then he's just a liar.

ETA: Word is Gregorys kids attend the same high security school that Obamas kids do.

So not just an ignorant moron dropping felonies left and right but also a stone cold hypocrite for calling Wayne "dangerous" for suggesting our kids have the same protection as Gregorys.
edit on 26-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The feds will get the person who gave it to him after he claims ignorance of the law.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The feds will get the person who gave it to him after he claims ignorance of the law.

The whole chain should be charged.

Every hand that conspired to and physically transported (smuggled) this contraband into the great gun-free utopia that is DC.

I bet this goes all the way up to Jeff Zucker.

This could be the big score the ATF was trying to get with that Fast and Furious mess.

NBC studios smuggling banned high capacity magazines across state lines.

edit on 26-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ha Ha, you got busted for breaking the law you want to foist onto the rest of the nation.

There is a God, and "you reap what you sew" is his way. Maybe now this fellow will see the ridiculousness of what he wants to force on everyone else.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Gregory should just assert his 2nd Amendment rights.

ETA; Maybe he could ask the NRA for hel-. . . ummm, nevermind.
edit on 26-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What's ridiculous about protecting children and ensuring everyone can live without being killed by some madman who bought a gun legally?

What are you, 10 years old? Do you even research the numbers on what guns bans do to crime?
If you did, you would not be speaking, you would be quiet and cross your fingers hoping nothing comes of this.

Fact is though new laws will be enacted and you won't have a choice, those with children will be thankful for it and praise the administration efforts.

I guess your answer to that is to rebel with your guns right?
edit on 26-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nothing like agenda-driven news, eh?
It's not about reporting anymore, it's about vilifying anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.
And apparently they're not above breaking the law to do it!

(my kids are protected by the very thing I;m here to demonize, we're talking about what the rest of you shouldn't be allowed to have)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCanuckian

So according to you there are 2 problems. Crazy people and guns.
Why are you concentrating on an inanimate object instead of the crazy person?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It was an airsoft mag

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We all have seen that it seldom will go all the way up the chain. If an exception is made for this 'supposed' journalistic use, what other exceptions be claimed in the future by others.

I am thinking the news people really didn't think the action through. Questionable news background research strikes again.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not advocating this one bit, can you believe it, nearly 100 years ago my great grandmother would walk to middle school with a .22 in her purse. Wow how things have changed.

Back then the kids knew what a gun was and how dangerous it was. They learned to respect it and cherish life. Can’t say the same for todays kids. Our jacked up culture has changed the fundamental behaviors of our kids.

I know, a little off topic but not really. It comes down to freedoms and liberty. with more and more laws pushed by the media and government, we lose more and more libertys.
edit on 26-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"and the NRA-member prop handlers snickered all the way home....."

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
It was an airsoft mag

Any proof of that claim?

I'm sure that is how they'll try to pass it off. I'll bet they sent someone running off to the store to try and find a good realistic looking Airsoft magazine to show to the police when they stop by.

I'm also pretty sure nothing will ever come of this regardless of whether they pull one over on the cops on this or not. I just can't imagine them really going after a liberal reporter for something like this. If he were from Fox or were pro-gun, the would nail him to the wall.

It seems in the justice system these days, it all depends on which side of the political isle you sit on that determines whether you'll have to face the consequences for your actions.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As Nelson would say " HA,HA" I think I would sign a petition saying he should be held to the full effect of the law. Gotta love liberals.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

As Nelson would say " HA,HA" I think I would sign a petition saying he should be held to the full effect of the law. Gotta love liberals.

There is a link to just such a petition on the White House's website in the source quoted in the OP.

I think its a nice gesture but, decisions like that should be left up to local law enforcement, not the White House.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Doubt the Feds will be arresting Eric Holder anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join