It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what's wrong with the world not guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
wap.wftv.com...://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-wheelchair-stabbed-death-mcdonalds-while-tryin/nTfmX/

My bro and I were at this McDonald's when this happened. This just goes to show you that ANYONE will KILL ANYONE with ANYTHING for ANY REASON.

You could take all the guns and people will still find ways of killing people. What scares me is when people can't get guns they make bombs which are hugely more dangerous than any kind of gun. WTC 1,2,7 OKC bombing are prime examples of what people can do with bombs.

No in UK there are few guns but lets compare overall murder rates. Just as many people get beat and stabbed to death in UK but everyone must point out that it wasn't a gun like it makes a difference.
edit on 26-12-2012 by marbles87 because: Yeah

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wow. And how cheap is McDonald's?
Guy was probably only gonna get a $20 bill out of the robbery at the most....
And a guy in a wheelchair..? Really?

Effin Sad.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Just goes to show you that all it takes is for someone to snap and make it a bad day for everyone. But in honestly there was zero chance that this incident could have been avoided. No one can predict the future. Until we all live naked in bulletproof hamster balls there will always be murder, mass murders, and of course senseless slaughters of people by loons. To be completely safe means you given up all freedoms to remain alive, sad life to live. I on the other hand will accept that these things will happen and I may be part of them like this case but I won't go living my life like a scared chihuahua like some of people are planning to do.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow, that's just horrid, some twisted people in this world.

It's just a good job the arsehole didn't have a gun, the death toll could have been higher seems as people tried to stop him.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

laws on guns didn't change yet, if guns protect people, why didn't somebody shoot the guy with the knife ??

people kill people, that's true, but think what could happen if he had a gun instead of knife ? maybe you wouldn't be able to report this... right?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Man might have survived a gun shot wound to the stomach. Being stabbed is sometimes worse than being shot. But the point is guns, knives, bats, golf clubs or bare hands murderers will murder and turning the country into a prison is not the answer. We need to fix our species not the tools on which we chose to murder each other. There is no reason for homelessness or starving people. There is plenty of work world wide for everyone to have a place to work if they chose and the mentally I'll and the lazy will be properly dealt with. We have evidence of societies being close to ideal. The only problem was the barbaric civilization next door.

As long as there is sex/drugs/money there will be murder and as long as there are humans there will be mass murder.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

The thing about a gun is that it takes skill to use it. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you will hit your target. Look at cops they fire clips at suspects and land 1 -2 shots if that. Guns jam, guns miss. If he had a gun and it jammed the man would still be alive. We can always go through every "what if" scenario but in the end the only thing that stops a gun is another gun. We can't make guns disappear. Look at the nuke. We made it and now we are trying to stop others from making one. Who's fault is it our fault or the nukes fault. It's ok blame the nuke.

A good idea would be to provide weapons to ex military and police and tell them to carry 24/7 and everywhere then tell the news. " 1 million ex military, police and agents are now "hidden Heros" and will carry 24/7" now there is a gun under every coat and the "no gun zones" don't mean anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Aye, I know, but on the other side of the coin, it takes a lot more effort to stab someone, pull out the knife and stab someone else, and much easier for members of the public to restrain before too many injuries are sustained.

With a gun it is just bang bang bang, even if someone else did pull out a gun to stop them there may already be a few fatalities, or serious injuries.

Either way, it's all just plain horrid and evil.
edit on 26/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by KrzYma

The thing about a gun is that it takes skill to use it. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you will hit your target. Look at cops they fire clips at suspects and land 1 -2 shots if that. Guns jam, guns miss. If he had a gun and it jammed the man would still be alive. We can always go through every "what if" scenario but in the end the only thing that stops a gun is another gun. We can't make guns disappear. Look at the nuke. We made it and now we are trying to stop others from making one. Who's fault is it our fault or the nukes fault. It's ok blame the nuke.

A good idea would be to provide weapons to ex military and police and tell them to carry 24/7 and everywhere then tell the news. " 1 million ex military, police and agents are now "hidden Heros" and will carry 24/7" now there is a gun under every coat and the "no gun zones" don't mean anything.

sure, you are right, you are in a country where violence is out of control now. If I was there I would have a gun too... for "protection"
But this is not the point ! a gun makes it easier to kill if you want to kill.
You argument with the nuke is good... if there was none, no other country would try to have one...
gun, nuke, knife... if one have such "power" in the hand, the others need to protect themselves, THIS is the wrong way dude, because there will always be somebody who flips out and uses this protecting tools in a offensive way...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Just as many people get beat and stabbed to death in UK but everyone must point out that it wasn't a gun like it makes a difference.

Yeah, but good luck getting near a politician who will have armed gaurds even in the U.K., with a club, cleaver or butcher knife. They use ad hoc commitees to try and ban firearms without thinking about the long-term ramifications. Theyre short sighted liberals who can't see into the future any further than their noses. The only reason governments could ever have for banning firearms is so they cannot be overthrown and replaced, which is an act of tyranny.

Everyone points the finger at firearms when someone gets killed by one, but no one even cares to think or remember how many lives are saved by them. People only remember the bad, they forget the good because bad things get imprinted in your memory easier over good things. People have a tendency to remember something traumatic over something that was genuinely good. It doesnt help when government owned media is there spinning it just the way theyre bought and paid to do either.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Also, you do not need a gun to kill people. Just the desire for murder in your heart and a pair of hands and the will to use anything you get your hands on as a weapon. So what should be the next step to prevent people from getting emotional? Lets lobotomize everyone! Because overreacting really works
. You can kill a person with a pencil or pen, are we going to force everyone to start using crayons to write with?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I can take those crayons and force them in your throat and kill you with them. We need something else to write with.... Blood! We will write with blood. But if you have aids and I'm exposed.... I guess we don't write at all.

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

True a knife takes effort but it doesnt really miss. The guy wanted to rob the place not murder a bunch of people. Even with a knife he could have taken many more out until someone stopped him but that wasn't his motive. I am just waiting for the day someone takes a gas tanker to a hospital to prove to people mass murders are just a part of human nature just like the sun will come up tomorrow, someone will kill someone.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) in Iraq and Afghanistan illustrate your point as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Also, you do not need a gun to kill people. Just the desire for murder in your heart and a pair of hands and the will to use anything you get your hands on as a weapon. So what should be the next step to prevent people from getting emotional? Lets lobotomize everyone! Because overreacting really works
. You can kill a person with a pencil or pen, are we going to force everyone to start using crayons to write with?

Pencil or pen...
That reminds me of RockNRolla the movie.
Youtube that.

RockNRolla Club Scene.

(off topic? probably. Sorry)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I think these tragedies have opened our eyes to how little we can really do to stop these things from happening. I having a feeling the day the earth finds world peace we will get hit by an asteroid. Murphy's law always.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We don't have a good anti gun weapon.
But I suspect one does exist.
At least from 1945 bringing down B17s by exploding their payloads as they
fly to their targets. That would also be used against any side and a device
not to be used by international agreement perhaps.

new topics

top topics

join