It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human History in 3 Minutes (Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Shuye

That is an absolutely brilliant animation and perhaps one of the best videos I have ever seen.

It covers a lot of ground in 3 minutes and is certainly worth the view in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing

I am going to show this to as many people as possible.

Cheers.

ETA:

All we need is someone to come "debunk" this

edit on 12/26/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)
[/quote

the truth cant be debunked lol
edit on 27-12-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bloody Brilliant!

Be the change you want to see in the world! is what I say to the "debunkers"
I'll share this video thanks for finding it!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Shuye

You forgot all the wars in there.

The OP was not the author of this video, the author is some French dude.

And yes, a depiction of our violent nature expressed through war would have been a welcome addition to the clip but I still think it was very well done and did a great job at getting it's point across.
edit on 12/27/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Shuye

What a disgustingly misguided and factually incomplete piece of propaganda.

Would you care to elaborate?

If you plan on busting in the OP's thread with a lazy one liner, the least you can do is explain why you think that it's an incomplete propaganda piece.

At least Lonewolf had the decency to point out what he thought could have been included to make the video more accurate. The video may be incomplete but the content is certainly accurate.

It does a fine job of explaining destructive human nature via a 3 minute cartoon clip and it is very disrespectful to barge in here with lazy insignificant one liner.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's propaganda by definition, that point is not arguable. The reason I would say that it's incomplete is that it completely focuses on one aspect of human evolution - the manipulation of the environment to suit our needs.

The video ignores all of the cultures e.g. tribes in the amazon and subcultures e.g. hippies who live in a way or fight for the rest of us to live in a way the creator of the video implies we should all live. It also ignores the recent eco movement sweeping across the western corporations where businesses are trying to offset their carbon footprint, or nations signing agreements to reduce carbon emissions.

The video also implies that humans are an evil species because we have opposable thumbs and large brains. You have to remember we're part of the environment now too, just because we can have more of an effect that other animals like lions and crows doesn't mean that we're somehow "unnatural."

All of our building material came from earth, from this planet, it's all a part of the natural order. We aren't the only natural occurrence that can endanger or extinct other species - the video may as well vilify meteors for extincting the dinosaurs.

As for the section where humans eat other animals - yeah, animals eat other animals. I don't think that needs a source.

As for the part about using other animals e.g. snakeskin, wool etc, see this page:
en.wikipedia.org...

You're right about my earlier comment being lazy and disrespectful, I apologise.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I appreciate your well thought out response and in my opinion there is no need for an apology, but thank you nonetheless.

You raised many good points, but in my opinion you may have missed the point of the video, or at least have a different interpretation than I.

My interpretation of the video is that the author tried to portray their vision of how man is destructive and we are the most harmful species on earth who gradually become more and more destructive to ourselves and the rest of the planet.

The author did fast forward through a lot of our significant history, but in my opinion the author wanted to keep it as simple as possible while getting their point across, and once again in my opinion, they did an awesome job.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

Cheers.
edit on 12/27/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While the video was well animated and interesting, I believe it presents its case in far too negative of a light. Humanity needs to exploit our environment, as opposed to evolving to adapt to our environment, we evolved with the ability to adapt our environment to ourselves (be it clothing, farming, or manufacturing). As such, there isn't really a way for us to progress without tearing something down to build something of our own. I don't mean to say wanton destruction is a good thing, but for progress to happen, something is going to get replaced. The most glaring solution would be to start expanding into space, to help ease our growing overpopulation problem
edit on 12/27/2012 by Wittmann because: grammar

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I would say that nearly all videos are propaganda in some ways, but I don't see why this couldn't serve as a decent video to show others the side of us most don't want to encounter. I mean, the animation didn't tell about a story that didn't happen, we are causing destruction to almost everywhere we go, we even enslave fellow humans in order to have what we want.

I think it is very important to show that ugly side of us, even if it's the main focus and if it's uglier than reality. Propaganda is everywhere and corporations like Monsanto with the use of propaganda managed to appear as if they are doing good for the world at first. There's much work that needs to be done until we could pat ourselves in the back and look at the comparable good we are doing to the environment, I think such videos help to balance it, and put some sense and humanism into how we are treating our home.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Matrix had a very similar scene, I think these words even if harsh and uncomfortable to hear, made some people wonder about our actions. Not to distinct if it was absolutely right or wrong, but to make people think and question what they already think they know. That is enough imho.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Shuye

What a disgustingly misguided and factually incomplete piece of propaganda.

Don't you hate it when the people who like to think they are above and beyond nature tell us what to think good and bad is, then pretend to care enough to punish our race for their construction of what creates evil.

If you hate the human race, you are the problem. If you can't see it, it is BECAUSE you are the problem. YOU are the reason we have this problem. This video does not waylay your responsibility for the problem you create by imagining such crass and unbearably arrogant nonsense.

How is he the problem, he's only 1 man compared to 6 billion
You wan't to blame someone for the planet's destruction you better blame the right people...two words.... Industrial Revolution.

You completely missed my point. It wasn't aimed at 'him'. It was aimed at you, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
video has been removed

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Apparently the one I posted wasn't the original, i'm glad to see this video now has nearly 1m views, it had less than 1000 views after a few days when I posted it.

Here it is anyway:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join