It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human History in 3 Minutes (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Just stumbled upon this brilliantly made animation, which demonstrates the mentality of humanity since our descendance to the Earth, and provides an acute and intrusive perspective on how we are taking advantage of it and everyone on it. An unusual animation which well worth the watch.

Here's the description of the video (Translated from French):

The story begins there 500,000 years, man arrives on Earth and destroyed everything in its path. He uses everything he finds snakes to make boots, trees to make paper ... MAN is an animation by Steve Cutts.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My friend,

That was sickening, frightening, disgusting and eye opening all at the same time.

The truth really does hurt

On a more positive note, many a man are waking up to this and doing their best to correct it

Thanks for sharing

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 26-12-2012 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Cool little animation.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

As a whole the human race is retarded (or "average" as the IQ scale says). We are the only animal to destroy forests, the only mammal to wage war on their own species (ants play that game too), and when it comes to filling our own pockets at the expense of nature and any and all lifeforms, we're proud and determined to get the rest of it before somebody beats us to it. The hippies should be Occupying McDonalds, or at least a clear-cut somewhere.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
While I do understand that Man really did (and does) some really nasty things, most of those things are also which allows us to be at the stage we are today. You can't use anything around you that hasnt "hurt the planet" one way or another... the very simple fact of being here at a plastic keyboard, looking at a plastic, rubber and glass screen powered by all this energy proves that - it couldnt be possible otherwise.

So... for that guy - and others - to be able to complain and to do all these "manifestations" about "destruction" and "saving the planet" the earth has to suffer - its rather hypocrite and also an inevitable cycle. Even the tools they themselves use to "save the planet" and to diss Man for its behaviors are only possible because of Man's "despicable acts and disrespect for nature as a whole".

And its not the planet that needs saving... its ourselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

That is an absolutely brilliant animation and perhaps one of the best videos I have ever seen.

It covers a lot of ground in 3 minutes and is certainly worth the view in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing

I am going to show this to as many people as possible.

Cheers.

ETA:

All we need is someone to come "debunk" this

edit on 12/26/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Haha yes, I was wondering whether someone will show up and say something like "yeah but we are more evolved and have more needs than the rest of the animals", and try to legitimize these acts. I guess the message is powerful even for these guys.

Frankly I was surprised to see it has only less than 1000 views, I believe this one deserves to go viral. Hopefully it will.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Hopefully your thread will allow this video to gather the attention it deserves.

In my previous comment I refrained from discussing specific content of the video because I didn't want to spoil it for the others, but if they skipped the video and started reading the comments I can careless now that I think about it as it's their own fault.

From the very first moment, when he squished that bug, then made boots out of the snake, I was already on the edge of my seat...then it just got better and better. I'm not saying that the things portrayed are good, but the author of this video did a great job at showing how harmful we are to this planet. In my opinion it does not have to be this way.

That being said I am a hypocrite because I do enjoy my life with all my gadgets and many of the activities I take part in contribute to the pollution of planet earth.

Part of me wishes I was born into a different dimension where everyone lived in harmony with each other and the planet, things would be so much better. I believe there was once a point and time where this existed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I couldn't agree more bro.
This dimension is quite a tough ride...

I wouldn't call it hypocrite though. it's a process and it takes time to live ecologically. Sadly it is still an advocated behavior to consume mindlessly. Don't forget we born into bondage, all the life "luxuries" are handed to us since birth, the programming we have been/are going through made us participating a world we have no interest taking part in, the exploitation and abuse of the Earth and all beings existed long before we came here. It is up to us though to be responsible consumers as much as we can, as for every dollar we give away we ultimately vote and legitimate what we want to see in the future.

I guess that if we all understood it, this world would become a much better place. (First need to wake up the masses whom are still in hypnosis)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
looks about right to me.. god bless america!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just shows a species on the planet being a virulent consumer, no better or worse than any other species. Thinking you are bad because of the way this video made you feel is where you also say we must not consume so much, invariably denying rights to someone other than yourself who may not share your god complex.

... at any rate I'm for a better world, but this video just shows a very creative species hell bent on survival.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

You forgot all the wars in there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Shuye

You forgot all the wars in there.

I second that notion.... wars are the largest part of human legacy... the only thing we have truly perfected as a species is killing.... yes we have a great capacity to love and care for one another but with abundace and ego we go mad and start becoming violent.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Good video.

Another history of man under 5 minutes, with the end result of each videos eerily similar.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant but true. What have we done to this earth and why can't the we stop the capitalistic greed which continues.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

What a disgustingly misguided and factually incomplete piece of propaganda.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Every time I see a video like this, or read in the newspaper that there's been another war, or see on TV that a country far away is starving most of its people to death...

All I think is, Just let the Yellowstone Caldera blows, and all this nastiness goes away. Possibly forever.

'Course, all the good stuff does, too.

In any other predator species, when the predator eliminates all the prey, the predator starves to death. We are the great exception and we think we will live forever.

But...

Nature always bats last.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Shuye

Don't you hate it when the people who like to think they are above and beyond nature tell us what to think good and bad is, then pretend to care enough to punish our race for their construction of what creates evil.

If you hate the human race, you are the problem. If you can't see it, it is BECAUSE you are the problem. YOU are the reason we have this problem. This video does not waylay your responsibility for the problem you create by imagining such crass and unbearably arrogant nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Shuye

Don't you hate it when the people who like to think they are above and beyond nature tell us what to think good and bad is, then pretend to care enough to punish our race for their construction of what creates evil.

If you hate the human race, you are the problem. If you can't see it, it is BECAUSE you are the problem. YOU are the reason we have this problem. This video does not waylay your responsibility for the problem you create by imagining such crass and unbearably arrogant nonsense.

How is he the problem, he's only 1 man compared to 6 billion
You wan't to blame someone for the planet's destruction you better blame the right people...two words.... Industrial Revolution.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The arrogance of man never surprises me. I am gonna have to agree with Carlin on this issue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join