It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persecution of Christians to continue in Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well the first thing that strikes me is there seem to be a lot of Christian persecutions going on lately from here to Syria. Obviously Christians are generally very good people so this is horrific to read about. In particular hearing of the Christian genocide plan has turned me against the Syrian rebels in spirit, even moreso than hearing of their loose links to Al Qaeda. This Egyptian thing sounds almost as bad.

But reading this thread... it is sad that people are using this as an opportunity to bash Islam. There are millions of very peaceful Muslims in India, so please explain that to me if the religion is fundamentally evil. And if you say it is evil then you had better explain why in a way that does not also take out your own religion of choice (guessing Christianity). I have done a lot of comparing of the Koran and Bible and they are remarkably similar in almost all significant respects. To call Islam evil yet Christianity good seems like total hypocrisy when they are telling the same stories are for the most part preaching the same moral code.

(That stated I think no one can argue that Jesus was infinitely more peaceful than Mohammad, who killed. And I might argue on the other end that Muhammad writing his own book was a nice idea and I wish Jesus would have done the same for us because it might have saved us a world of confusion!)

I'd also like to point out that at 2.5 billion (next closest is Islam with 1 billion) followers there will be more instances of charity and persecution with Christianity just because of this, so take their statistics with a grain of salt when assuming they are being per capita infinitely more charitable or persecuted than the other religions. (though at the moment I think they are definitely the most persecuted religion even per capita, just not sure by how much)

I think the Muslims in the Middle East are more crazy because their tech is behind, they are poor, and thus their culture is in some ways like our 100-200 years ago when we would do things just as bad as them in the name of the faith. This is a powder keg the United States stokes. We whack the hornets nest around to keep them from settling. It has nothing to do with Islam. In much the same way they now stoke up and distort jihad they would stoke up Old Testament quotes about killing unbelievers and use them to justify the exact same action. Religion is just a convenient excuse for them but the real desperation comes from their economic and political situation.

I will also state that one reason why we turn a blind eye to things like US carpet bombing in the Middle East--something that surely sets off the hate that leads to some of these persecutions--is because of the unspoken Holy War aspect. Let's be honest, many American Christians are more war hungry than Jesus could have ever dreamed and they view Islam as a dangerous threat. Thus the idea of Islam people being bombed--especially in fundamentalist hot zones--is definitely something many of them are not opposed to. They might not come outright and say they want it to happen, but if the government pushes for it, they do not do the Christian thing and block murder but rather give into hate/fear and turn a blind eye. Conscious inaction is as bad as intent. So I think it works both ways. I think it is like a vicious self feeding cycle that never ends: a some point someone is going to have to stop hating: you'd think someone who claims to follow turn the other cheek Jesus might be capable of being the first but who knows.... Remember that most Middle Easterners know their statistics and thus term us "a Christian nation." Since they are theocracy they look at us through those eyes, looking at our top most popular religion and comparing our foreign policy from there. They certainly see our Christian hypocrisy very clearly by now... We are more civilized here but our civilized politics still kill their people just the same in the end, and if we do not take civilized action to change our foreign policy these genocidal retribution actions will probably only continue as the natural course of things. We're helping to create this monster whether consciously aware of it or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Why are Christians so quick to shout bloody murder when they're persecuted? I guess they only like doling it out huh?
edit on 26-12-2012 by dorkfish87 because: (no reason given)

Christians never really persecuted others. The Crusades was self defense, the Inquisition was to curtail the abuses of secular medieval courts using heresy to execute social misfits. Atheists killed more people because of their religion then Christians have(then again Atheists killed more people[Christians] then any other group in human history).

<< 1   >>

join