HELP! Living with Chronic Pain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

Just to clarify...

edit on Thu Dec 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

Hi - not yet, we're waiting for more test results before deciding on how much and what kind of blood thinners to put me on

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cjjk500

Thank you for this information, I will copy it and look into the herbs you have mentioned.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Nope - I've been diagnosed with chronic clot (as described in my OP) - this is the cause of the cramps. Leg cramps are the number one symptom of a blood clot.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Please don't look over my last reply. It may very well be the one thing that changes your life for the better.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Thank you for your response but unfortunately - due to my career, not an option. I work in addictions...and would lose my job. Still have to work both jobs

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

That's too bad to hear. I would look into talking to a doctor about getting it prescribed. I'm sure there are ways around it..?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OP,

Have you heard or tried Borax for arthritis?

The Borax Conspiracy

How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

Walter Last

You may not be able to imagine that borax, this humble insecticide and laundry detergent, has the potential of singlehandedly bringing down our entire economic system. But you do not need to worry, the danger has been recognised and the necessary steps are already being taken to defuse the situation. I will start with the basics and you will understand what I mean as the story unfolds.

Borax is a naturally occurring mineral commonly mined from dried salt lakes, and is the source of other manufactured boron compounds. The main deposits are in California and Turkey. Chemical names are sodium tetraborate decahydrate, disodium tetraborate decahydrate, or simply sodium borate. This means it contains four atoms of boron as its central feature combined with two sodium atoms and ten molecules (or sometimes less) of crystallisation water. All borax is naturally mined, there is no synthetic borax, the difference is only how much crystallisation water it contains - decahydrate means 10 water molecules, pentahydrate means 5, and anhydrite means 0 water; chemically it is all the same.

www.health-science-spirit.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Not yet - only recently (within last month) received diagnosis, thanks will ask about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you have blood clotting problems with thickened artery walls, would eating onions and garlic help? They thin the blood and help lubricate things. Molybdenum can help with lactic acid buildup. but you till need circulation to get rid of the acedic acid that is denatured by the molybdenum. Supplements can be bought or just eat more nuts and seeds or cream of wheat/cocoa wheats. Silicon also helps the blood flow better so either a small aspirin or just eating more peeling that have a sheen to them.

Soak your feet in epsom salts with a little witch hazel, that helps draw toxins out through the heal. Do you have a latex allergy?

I don't know how to unthicken the walls, nothing I have read over the years actually says how to thin them. Eating onion is better than taking blood thinners. Caution.....If you are presently taking blood thinners it is unadvisable to do what I said with onions and things unless you talk to a doctor about it first. Medicine and onions are somewhat alike, they both thin the blood.
edit on 26-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes that is exactly what is happening with the chronic clot - the walls are constantly expanding and contracting, getting thicker and thicker, causing the cramping and clotting - not an easy fix for pain. We have tried just about everything including supplements. I actually do have some witch hazel on hand. I need to find something for the bruises as well - not on blood thinners just yet. Waiting for more blood work to come in...
edit on 26-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Just caught your post and will try and respond to all the questions.

No blood thinners yet - waiting for more test results. Have had the blood disorder all my life - no issues from it since 2005. Was on Heparin then for two weeks, my blood became TOO thin, developed hematoma in my stomach and ab...not a fun time. Haven't had any issues since or taken blood thinners. But will likely be put on blood thinners for life after this next round of blood work comes back.

Stockings - yes wear them during the day, hematologist said wear them except for when sleeping at night. Still have swelling even with stockings on - happened yesterday.

The cramping is being caused by the clotting, not any other reason.

Medications tried: Tramadol, mild sleeping aids, over the counter (which my doc has said NOT to take anymore)

No massages currently.

Getting screened for ABI - PAD in a week, was put on a wait list for the test (waiting since November)

I think I mentioned this already but tests completed so far:

Diabetes, thyroid, insulin - fine, no diabetes or heart problems to date

Kidneys, ovaries, stomach and abs - all fine - but my uterus has deformed completely in seven years

Lungs, chest- fine

Bone scan - inflammation and osteoarthritis in the knees and and hands, further testing for Rheumatoid Arthritis
to come

Blood work: wbc slightly high, leukocytes slightly high, immunoglobins - abnormal but not critically,
D-Dimer positive (but not specific, no DVT found)

They even tested me for STDs while in the emerg the second time in November...clean, no other infections found

Ultrasounds - chronic clotting in legs

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

The disease is a clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden - with Activated protein C Resistance. It's a gene mutation inherited from parents and runs through the family though everyone seems to have a variation of the mutation - protein S and protein C deficiencies. Leg cramps are the number one symptom of people who suffer from this disease. The slow movement of the blood and thickening of vein walls are the culprits behind cramps. We tried magnesium and calcium but it just upset my stomach. Didn't do anything for the pain. I often go numb as well, my entire left side and I've been having little black outs (my sister has had these happen to her, and my niece who is getting tested). Very scary when it happens, and I live alone.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it as I was scanning through the thread pretty fast, but what is your diet like? This can have a pretty big impact on many things. Since I moved out of the US to Israel where they don't have a lot of preservatives in their food, I feel much better and have lost weight without any major changes to my diet...
I used to drink a lot of soda and cut that out a few years ago also. I might occasionally have a can or small bottle of soda, but they mostly use real sugar here rather than HFCS. Diet soda is also terrible for you.

Search out all natural foods and try to stay away from things that are already prepared - start with the base ingredients and make it yourself rather than buying something frozen, dehydrated, or canned. Try to minimize/eliminate preservatives, HFCS, and anything else artificial - our bodies were not designed to use it.
Almost all of the processed & prepackaged food is made to maximize the profit of the manufacturer, not with your health in mind. They want it to be cheap to produce and have a long shelf life.
Meats, fruits, raw veggies, grains, etc are where you want to start. Many people have some form of wheat allergy, so you might want to try eliminating all wheat products (As well as all the bad stuff), and see how you feel. If you notice an improvement, try adding wheat back in to see if things worsen.

I have a friend that was having a lot of strange issues related to an auto-immune disorder. He would get hives all over his body, his skin was super sensitive whenever anything touched it. He had to take several medications and even daily injections just to keep it somewhat under control. My wife had similar issues, but not nearly so severe.

What my friend did a while ago is went on a juice diet after watching the documentary "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead". Check it out if you can find it - if you can't find the video, just Google the title and you can find a lot of info about it. Now he is off all meds and feels great, lost a bunch of weight, and regularly goes jogging. I think he's about 40 years old now. Inspired by my friend's success, my wife also started a juice diet and felt much better as well. I tried the juice and it's not horrible, but I don't think I could do it for every meal of the day, I gotta have my meat - maybe one meal a day on the juice and the rest with quality foods. Or maybe I can throw a steak in the juicer...

The big problems with a healthy diet are the extra time to prepare things, extra expense, and lack of convenience - You can't eat fast food every day... I don't know if any of this will help with your particular issues, but I can't imagine that it would hurt anything. I think a lot of our health problems in the modern world are due to diet...

With respect to physical activity and the pain, I know for me it is better to be active even just a little bit every day. I find that when I'm super lazy and lay around the house for a few days my back will tighten up and start hurting. I few years ago I had some horrible lower back pain due to a pinched nerve - I couldn't stand or walk for more than a minute or 2 before the pain became too intense to bear. There were a couple of times I couldn't get out of bed. The only way I was able to function at work was to use (From previous posts I assume we can't name names, only general types...) an opiate. This went on for about 6-8 months and then the problem went away on it's own. I think the opiate allowed me to keep moving which help get things back to normal. I know my doctor was concerned that I might become addicted as I had to go back to his office every 3 weeks or so to get another prescription, he wouldn't give any refills. It was never an issue for me as I took just enough to make it through the day and after I got home and didn't have to move around much I didn't need to use any. And the couple of times I took too much I just got woozy and nauseous so I had no desire to take it for rec purposes...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

I eat pretty healthy at best of times but we all have days where we say forget it and order in...I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruit - chicken, pork, fish (not battered, chicken skinless and home made). I try to avoid heavy foods. It's not my diet that's attributing to the pain - it's the clotting issue. Something that I will have to learn to deal with for the rest of my life as a chronic clotter.

And yes doctors are leery to give refills for pain killers because many are highly addictive.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have not read the other replies, so please forgive me if what I add has already been mentioned.

I lived with debilitating chronic pain for almost 15 years. I have been pain free for over a year now. Everyone is different, and for me it was a combination of things, but I offer what worked for me.

First, I got off all pain medications, which the doctors had encouraged me to take.

I did take a number of natural supplements and other herbal remedies to get thru short term "worst" case flares.

I worked with a physical energy movement program - examples include Tai Chi, QiGong, and a program called Energy Medicine by Donna Eden. Physical energy work was a huge part of my recovery.

Meditation and mind/body practices.

I wish you the best of luck. The dozen years I spent on the couch, unable to work and in horrible pain were quite a journey. I wound up learning a lot. If any more specific information would be helpful to you, just ask. Hang in there, it is possible to heal!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
1st of all, i am sorry for your condition. because u didnt really provide exact name of your illness and all the pathology associated with it (or i didnt c it there), there is only very limited help we can offer

anyway, from what u wrote, you suffer from some sort of chronic vein inflammation which causes thickenning of your vein walls and causes blood clots, which in turn cause you pain because of ischemia. now, this is just my guess according to what u wrote, of course i dont have an access to your medical report. however here is whatever little help i can offer.

1st) eat a lot of fish and seafood. and when i mean a lot, i mean several servings per day. research the diet of Eskimos...they diet consists almost exclusively from seafood and fat and their blood is much thinner than what is normal (clotting times much longer)

2nd) add to your diet A LOT of hemp oil to supplement fish oil from seafood. hemp oil is anti inflammatory and contains ideal amount of essencial fatty acids

3rd) because your diseases seems to have inflammatory nature, search the internet for foods with antiinflammatory properties (i think garlic for example is very helpful), there is ton of information out there

4th) drink a lot water, vitamins, fruit, veggies etc, all the normal stuff....also balsamic viniger, berries, a bit of RED wine (cca 0.2-0.4 litter per day), apple cider vineger and red cabbage r full of vitamins, polyphenols and other helpful substances. no cure, but might help a bit. other things that might help r ginger, tumeric, coriander (cillantro) - ideally fresh leafs and ginseng might help (especially tumeric and corriander which can really help clean your organism)

as with what to do with your imminent, cant really help...guess u tried all the basic stuff like massages, hot baths, some creams etc. 1 thing that comes to my mind is using capsaicin (the substance in chilli peppers, fefferoni etc which makes them hot) topically (on the skin). basically, buy the hottest chilli pepper u can (or concentrated chilli paste) and apply it either on the spot where it hurts or higher (closer to the spine)....u might have to experiment with this and i dont know whether it will work in your condition, but the basic idea is that by activating different painreceptors (via capsaicin) somewhere close to the place where your chronic pain is/any pain is, it should kinda override it...blocking it from reaching your pain. this works in some cases, worth the try i guess. i hope this will be of some help to you. if u have any questions, feel free to ask. Haven.

edit...ok, just noticed the name of your disease...still, i think none of my tips can hurt u.

edit on 26-12-2012 by White Haven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you feel about things like this but it's working for me. With help from the Earths elements and the power of my mind I have been able to take my pains and addictions away. Here is a webpage that explains how it works, however, I do not recommend buying anything from this site, it seems over priced. Anyway, hope this helps you ...you have to also believe in it, otherwise, what's the point in trying?

Water Vitalization Crystals

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Please read the responses in regards to what my conditions are. They are listed on this page just a few messages up.

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far. Keep it up - I'm sure others would like to hear more who also suffer from chronic pain.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ive been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia ..

someone told me to start eating more RED fruits + vegetables... i was at a stage that i would try anything but didnt expect this to work.. nothing else had...

but i was wrong... i found a store bought Red Berry Super Juice... it has things like strawberries, currants, cherries, pomegranate etc... since i have been drinking a large glass a day of this my pain has eased incredibily..

i stopped drinking it for awhile just to test things out + all my pains + aches came back... as soon as i started drinking it again they eased...

i have also learnt to pace myself... on days that i push myself too hard i end up paying for it the next day...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join