It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts from a former Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mods, I originally posted this in the Religious Conspiracy forum, but couldn't figure out how to delete the other topic. I moved this thread to current events because i thought it appropriate for the season. I hope I'm not breaking T&C, feel free to merge these threads

Please read the entirety of this post before replying, ill try to keep it as short as possible. Despite the message, I am not trying to offend anyone.

I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian home. Growing up, my idea of God was shaped around this mindset, and I tried very hard to adhere to the lifestyle my church promoted. I did everything you were 'supposed' to do - quiet times, prayers, etc, but never seemed to feel the 'personal relationship' with Christ I was so often told about.

Around age 18, I drifted from the Church to follow my own heart, and in doing so began to question many of the things I had been taught growing up. This is easy to write, but it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. To go against everything my family and respected friends told me was no easy thing, especially when I held a deeply ingrained belief of eternal punishment for going 'against the Word of God'.

I simply could no longer accept the 'blind faith' that is so strongly admired by mainstream Christianity. The more I thought about it, the more Christian 'faith' seemed to be nothing but blind ignorance surrounded by attractive words and emotional music. Faith is inherently a personal thing, so how can adopting the views of others (the Church) equate to being a 'faithful servant of God'? After all, if we all possess the Holy Spirit, isn't the best way to discover God's heart to look within?

I have since come a long way since this mindset (a topic for another thread), but last night I attended a Christmas Eve service at my former Church, and was greatly troubled by a message that seemed to encourage everyone around me.

The basic idea of the sermon was, in a nutshell, this: the world is fallen, and will remain a horrible place until Jesus returns. The pastor quoted verses from Isaiah and Daniel, and spoke often of the 'miracle' of prophecy in the Bible. This may sound like the extremist views of a small church in the middle of nowhere, but that is far from the truth. The service we attended was one of 6 delivered that day, each to an audience of over 5000 people. The pastor was formerly the leader of the Southern Baptist Convention, and the attendees were predominantly members of affluent, educated families.

After leaving the service, my parents asked me what I thought if the message, and I did something I don't often do for fear of causing family strife: I spoke my mind.

How can a defeatist attitude be welcomed by so many people with open arms? How can words of division, spoken under the guise of 'faith' and 'belief' be interpreted as a message of love and hope? How can everyone not see how these beliefs have resulted in the death and suffering of so many precious lives throughout history?!

My parents responded as I expected they would. As Christians, they put their faith in the Bible, the 'Word of God'. And thus, the purpose of my topic:

How is belief that the Bible (or any other Holy book) is the 'perfect Word of God' anything other than idolatry?

Despite my division with organized religion, I still admire Jesus in a way I cannot express. What's funny is, I never really felt I 'knew' Jesus until I stepped away from the Christian indoctrination I was raised to adhere to. To me, the beautiful thing about Jesus was his message of love. When asked what the greatest commandments were, Jesus replied: love The Lord your God, and love your neighbor as yourself.

I think if Jesus were around today, he would be ashamed and infuriated about what his 'followers' have become. Christians use lines of scriptire to deny love to an entire subset of people (gays). Our 'Christian' nation, capable of relieving the suffering of so many fellow humans, instead uses its energy to wage war and create division. Our very society is structured in a way that encourages greed and deception!

But this is all fine. After all, we are helpless until Jesus comes back.

Go eat your unleavened bread, drink your wine, and give thanks to God for sending his son to save his misguided creation.

I used to think it was enough for me to follow my own heart and discover my own truth, but I now see this was just me being a coward.

The deification of the Bible (or Koran, or Bhagavad Gita, or...) not only bastardizes the beautiful teachings these works contain, it allows an ignorant, arrogant world view that may very well result in our destruction as a species.

To allow these views to further propagate is not only irresponsible, it is dangerous. I urge you, I BEG you, have enough faith in yourself as a human being to recognize that it is time to move forward as a species.

In the true spirit of Christ, I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

edit on 26-12-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A beautiful post. I am a spiritual agnostic, and I refuse to validate the preconceptions of others regarding an anthropomorphised God. You have seen the light my friend, no salvation is to be found in organised religion.
I have never heard it so eloquently put as to say faith is inherently personal, because it is, and no priest, minister, pope or imam can lead you to salvation.
Ascension is possible only within ourselves, and without understanding the world contained in our minds, hearts and souls we will never reach the heaven we were promised.
The bible teaches us many things, and a wiser man than I could probably read the nature of the universe and all things from it. That said, there is nothing to be learned from reading it literally. It may have been translated hundreds of times but the universal language is metaphor.
Teach others what you have learned as best as you can. Only some will be receptive. Those are the ones who need you.

Continue to be at peace my friend, Merry Christmas to you, your family and your loved ones

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yeah, silly Christians, cant they see the world is a good place and everybody is happier and getting better.

Reality suggests we will have a final world war and kill ourselves off all together

Show me some hope outside of God

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Mankind has progressed or retrogressed to our current and critical problems. These involve the things with which the ****** **** deals, human behavior. For example, how can we contain our population explosion, end the threats of war and nuclear holocausts, forefend against world famine, control the misery of physical disease and mental sickness, stop pollution of our bodies and environment, improve the lot of our poor in home and purse?

There is also the problem of whether civilization, even with knowledge, will act to save itself. Walter Lipmann wrote perceptively that not only is "the supreme question before mankind how our culture can save itself from catastrophe, but also that we must do more than find the answers." We must discover also how men can "make themselves willing to save themselves"

Truly, ways must be found to motivate men to be not only able, but willing. We must activate the knowledge. Even if there are at hand the physical, biological and behavioral technologies adequate for the purpose, people still must be persuaded to use them. In other words, how do we induce members of our culture to work for survival?

Physical and biological technology has not supplied the answers. The problems with which we are now confronted so demonstrate. Religions have moved from threats of hellfire to an emphasis on God's love. Governments have turned away from compulsion to inducements. Where, then, shall we look?

The answer to this question will be found, I think, in the remarkable discovery of William James, father of modern American psychological science. He was at one time professor of anatomy, psychology and philosophy at Harvard University_ combining body, mind and soul- one of the country's most profound thinkers. He gave us a great guide in these words: "The greatest discovery of my generation is that we have learned that we can alter our lives by altering our attitudes of mind"

The answer, therefor, is not more miracles of science and technology but an inspired application of ***** teachings that will alter our lives for the better. This is the world-of-tomorrow potential breakthrough. We must return to faith in man himself- to the concept that he has within himself the requisite corrective capacities.

The OP could not be more correct in the sentiment behind the message. The 'return' of Jesus is not going to do anything... it's symbolic. We need the 'return of Jesus' in the hearts of man.

Oh BTW, if you can fill in the blanks (*****), maybe some of you might actually understand the teachings of a certain 'conspiratorial' society.

I placed the ***** as to minimalize any potential persecution from particular individuals who may frown upon me relaying these words.

We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Yeah, silly Christians, cant they see the world is a good place and everybody is happier and getting better.

Reality suggests we will have a final world war and kill ourselves off all together

Look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Beautifully written, thank you. Would joining this group (i think i have an idea where this writing originates) give me a platform to assist in making a change?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

I know you're probably trolling, but if that is truly what you think 'reality suggests', I pity you.

Reality is, we as humans are beautiful, loving creatures, capable of wondrous things.

Unfortunately, we aren't currently demonstrating enough faith in our own inherent nature to counteract long-standing, destructive belief systems.

I refuse to accept your defeatist attitude, and refuse to believe we are helpless to change.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Beautifully written, thank you. Would joining this group (i think i have an idea where this writing originates) give me a platform to assist in making a change?

We avoid plots and conspiracies against unfriendly governments, but recognize that fitness for freedom must precede freedom itself as an axiom precedes a corollary. So, we prepare men for freedom.

In doing so, the ***** **** inspires men with enlightened reason, constant wisdom and liberal philanthropy. That is what the ****** **** machine is supposed to produce. Zoroaster, the Persian philospher, more than 3,000 years ago stated:

"Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows; console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong."

In my opinion... yes.

You should keep the purpose of this production uppermost in mind, so you are not mere machinery minders, but become instead machinery producers. To know is not enough. We must also do.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Probably the most important thing to remember is humans need something to hold onto. Wether it is spriritual gratification in the form of some idol or baseball, people need to connect and feel they relate and belong to something.

Christianity is fear based and psycologically debilitating.

If it makes people happy and promotes a healthy life full of joy, then in my view, it is not a bad thing.

I think the sermon you witnessed is a shame, because the people who resign themselves to that thought process and belief are missing out on a life that is full of wonder and beauty.

Life is what you make it to be, there are no guarantees and anything can happen at any time.

A better sermon would have been the world is heaven on earth already.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
As an Atheist my views differ from some others in that i accept the existence of a man called Jesus & (on the whole) think he had a fine message to share. The difference & problem is that imo people are less Christ-LIKE & more Christian. The Church today uses Jesus more like a mascot & seems to ignore many of the core teachings of love & tolerance. "Turn the other cheek" for example, does American society, as a whole follow that teaching? It seems to me that vengeance is the watchword & suspicion of "The other" endemic. To be honest i see many Atheists being better Christians than many who claim the title as their own. It appears that hypocrisy is necessary to be a Church going Christian today, if Jesus did return would he recognise a mega church as a place to worship anything other than money? I don't for a minute think he'd feel at home in one, or be made welcome.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It seems as though the messages preached these days are a double edged sword, and the truly devout miss the point of the sermon entirely.

For example, the sermon that was delivered to you was about how the world was fallen and that the only thing to do would be to wait for Jesus' return.
However, in the meantime, shouldn't everyone be helping to make good changes? It seems like the peak of apathy, to sit back and wait for someone else to deal with it while you wait for ascension.
This is the problem I have with Christians these days.
Many (not all, and I would like to stress that) behave as though their devout belief alone makes them perfect. That they can pay their lip service and put a bit of time in at the church fair, and they're on their way to the right hand side of the Big Man Upstairs.

Everyone should be encouraged to do what they can, and not just for people they know already. You don't change the world by volunteering at soup kitchens and donating to your church every week.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

If i could give you a 100 stars+100 flags for this,i so totally would.All i can give you except one of each,is to tell you,you are correct.Those words:i had to step away from Christianity to find a Real relationship with Yahushua(Jesus)..those are words ive written myself in reply to some thread on this site.This is what i call a leap of UNfaith:-)..and when i discarded Christianity,because very little out of it ever made sense to me,since childhood,and i cannot trust the Bible in its entirety,cept maybe to back up the Ancient Aliens theory,and because the picture is just plain much bigger+way more intricate+convoluted than the confines of any faith-Yahushua was Still there.Now,i feel like i have Chosen him to hold onto,and i mean,i follow a path of intuitive shamanism,but guess what? He doesnt care about that,or that i will defend the rights of gays,that i smoke+like to have a few Captain Morgan drinks,that i believe in things most people,specially Christians never will.He respects my right to believe in what ive seen with my own 2 eyes,in experiences that ive had,where ive had physical marks left-he's not angry,nor does he abandon me because i won't tell myself that me and my whole family are delusional,and we better repent of our sinful demonic ideas+run back to the church.He is by my side,because i Tested my intuition re him,my perception of the world and the nature of our reality,and i was delighted to find that yes,he Is real.BUT there's so much more too.And btw,those funny Jesus pics on the Net-he does find some of them hilarious.Especially the one about Carl laying the carpet:-) He's one grand guy,the warmest and most Real type of person/soul/entity.With real here,i mean,he gotta lotta Soul,in the best old Southern sense.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

As someone who has not had a feeling of relationship with Christ, I don't think you can actually call yourself a Christian.

Christians are not people who just try and do the right thing, they are people who can admit that they are part of the problem, and then ask for forgiveness. After being forgiven, they are motivated to try and do the right thing, not out of duty, but out of love. They still aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Because we are still very human, we stuff up and chase our own personal wants and desires, often regardless of the consequences.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel

Reality is, we as humans are beautiful, loving creatures, capable of wondrous things. 
Unfortunately, we aren't currently demonstrating enough faith in our own inherent nature to counteract long-standing, destructive belief systems. 
I refuse to accept your defeatist attitude, and refuse to believe we are helpless to change.

What I hear in this post is that you've rejected the Holy Spirit inspired writings of scripture as Truth in favor of Satan's lies that say man is godlike (inherent nature), that there is no inherent defect within men's hearts and that humanity can produce that "golden age" as promised by the occultic New Age. In other words, you've rejected God's Truth for Satan's Lie - that man can become like god through knowledge which will "open his eyes", and that we can effect our own change outside of Yahushua/Jesus, which literally means "God saves".?

You resented and rejected Christ Jesus, and as such, you could not stand to hear the message of scripture. Why? Because you already accepted Satan's lies as real truth. His lies say that evil and good don't really exist, that you are in essence god and that you can pursue your own salvation. Gosh, how attractive to those who wish to define their own good and evil and thereby remove any feelings of judgement and conscience that Our Creator gave us. How very attractive to those who insist that they are equal to the True Creator. Did you know that Charles Manson was also immersed in the One for all  Eastern belief when he ordered the murders of Tate and several others.? This after feeling that he'd reached a state of consciousness beyond morality, thus he was free to kill as murder was neither good nor evil. Did you know that Hitler too felt that "Man is becoming god"? Hey, how about our occultic leaders who brazenly etch their satanic beliefs in granite on the Georgia Guide stones? See, they all have the same thing in common - the same beliefs that keep popping up in the groups which meditate and seek "spiritual experiences" - the beliefs in what the serpent said in the garden of Eden. Why are they choosing Satan's kingdom of darkness and rejecting Jesus' Kingdom of Light?

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” John 3:17-21

As you engage your car's anti-theft device, and ensure that all your doors and windows are locked, and as you drive by your local baby killing clinics and gangs dealing drugs on the corner, and the local cemetery filling up with suicides and cancer deaths, and drive by your local tent cities and schools bringing in Eastern spirituality techniques under the guise of "stress and relaxation" but forbidding the One you reject - please take a good and long look at your post and reconsider the "inherent goodness" in all people and the "change" which you now believe will happen. Then compare it to scripture in Daniel which states that at the end of this age the power of the Holy people will be broken as Revelation states that Satan is unbound to once again deceive the nations. What would that deceit entail? The very same methodology as in the garden - hence the millions of descendants of Christian forefathers rejecting their God in favour of Eastern spirituality which has them convinced that if they just partake of that "fruit" (knowledge) from the tree of good and evil that they'd be godlike, knowing good and evil and won't die as a result of it. The change that you are seeking is the promise of the President of Iran's Imam Mahdi....whom he states will come "to open the gates of science and knowledge" which "will revert the children of Adam to their innate nature". And consequently, you reject the Truth which states that Jesus is that Way. See, Eve was deceived to because the serpent got her to doubt God's Word as truth. As such, the tree of good and evil (Satan) appeared much more attractive than the Tree of Wisdom (Jesus) which required obedience. That tree of good and evil appealed to MAN'S innate desire to be it's own god and creator.

With desires of coveting, greed, rage, anger, sexual perversity, murder, etc within mankind's heart, mankind will seek one of two paths. Obedience to His Creator and HIS definition of good and evil, or obedience to self which will define anything that that heart desires as "good" and anything that that heart does not desire as "evil".

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Well I have given you a star and and flag. What a wonderful piece of writing. If you need to know I would see you as a gnostic Xtian. Why should anyone with more than two braincells blindly accept the average sermon with a good guy and a pantomine bad guy is all beyond me. IMO I think you are following your own inner spirit.

I honestly believe that we have the ability to save ourselves. This becomes especially obvious when we consider that we are supposed to be cast in the image of GOd.

Sadly most fundamentalists promulgate hatred.

Thanks for a great post!

Tiger5

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by ddaniel

As someone who has not had a feeling of relationship with Christ, I don't think you can actually call yourself a Christian.

Christians are not people who just try and do the right thing, they are people who can admit that they are part of the problem, and then ask for forgiveness. After being forgiven, they are motivated to try and do the right thing, not out of duty, but out of love. They still aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Because we are still very human, we stuff up and chase our own personal wants and desires, often regardless of the consequences.

This article represents a broad survey of the views of C. G. Jung regarding confession and forgiveness. Man, a naturally religious being, has a need to confess his wrong and to gain forgiveness of one sanctioned to absolve. The curative effect of confession has been known for centuries. Without confession, man remains in moral isolation. Priests, ministers, and rabbis, as well as psychotherapists, attest to the universality of this human phenomenon. Confession is located in that place where psychology and religion meet-guilt. Jung's views on confession bridge the chasm between psychology and religion.

link.springer.com...

Christians... avoiding moral isolation. Not so bad...

Christians... promoting the notion that 'Jesus' must return in a physical and divine sense.... extremely detrimental.

Anybody who actually believes the words of the Bible as a literal account of how things work, applying divinity and such... ARE FOOLS. Simply put!

No... i'm not name calling...

I'm just saying, you are:

One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket
As an Atheist my views differ from some others in that i accept the existence of a man called Jesus & (on the whole) think he had a fine message to share. The difference & problem is that imo people are less Christ-LIKE & more Christian. The Church today uses Jesus more like a mascot & seems to ignore many of the core teachings of love & tolerance. "Turn the other cheek" for example, does American society, as a whole follow that teaching? It seems to me that vengeance is the watchword & suspicion of "The other" endemic. To be honest i see many Atheists being better Christians than many who claim the title as their own. It appears that hypocrisy is necessary to be a Church going Christian today, if Jesus did return would he recognise a mega church as a place to worship anything other than money? I don't for a minute think he'd feel at home in one, or be made welcome.

Can I ask why you think man-made churches, who place their words, dogma and religious practices above those of God's Word, could ever be Christ-like? This is the issue - do you use them to form your opinions of Christianity, faith of and in Christ, or do you desire to know the real Jesus Christ? When I was an agnostic, I chose the first route as my answer. As one brought to faith, I now see my error. I now know that the world, which includes many of these Christian churches, don't want the true Messiah - they want the image of the beast. 

You state that Jesus' core teachings were love and tolerance. Can I ask how you reconcile this with Jesus' clear words to prospective disciples of "Let the dead bury the dead", "Go and sin no more", and the destruction of Jerusalem which was the outpouring of His wrath and destruction on Jerusalem? Where I'm going with this question relates to your view of the Christian churches. Just as many use their views of most Christian churches to form their opinion on "Christianity", most form their beliefs of what Jesus actually taught by using the opinions of the world instead of Christ. For instance, the world is actively teaching that tolerance equates with love and therefore that intolerance automatically equals hatred. When Jesus said "Go and sin no more" and "Turn the other cheek" He was not advocating tolerance of sin. Actually, He is teaching His disciples that the world will HATE them because they refuse to adopt it's ways and beliefs. So as you see Christ's faithful being labeled bigots, haters and intolerant, THIS is fulfillment of Christ's words - and I am commanded by Christ to stay strong and turn the other cheek as the world lashes out against those who refuse to acknowledge evil as good.

Likewise "atheists aren't being better Christians than many who claim the title as their own"; it's the other way around, that many who claim the title of Christian are no different than agnostics and atheists. Unlike atheists however, they are therefore hypocritical in what they say versus what they do. But they, just like atheists, haven't figured out that they are worshipping the image of the beast instead of worshipping God in spirit and truth. 

And no, Jesus wouldn't recognise a mega church today as anything other than a physical "temple" like the one He strode into in Jerusalem, overturning the money-changers tables, and those selling the doves and such. He wouldn't be surprised at all because it's all prophetic for these last days and indicative of man who continually prefers to build his own tower into Heaven instead of submitting to the Way as provided by their Creator. The world, including many Christian churches, not only preach a different Jesus but reject the Jesus that told Jerusalem that they'd die in their sins if they did not believe in the One sent by His Father. These churches ironically are tolerated by the world. On the other hand, the very few remaining churches preaching the Word of God are now labeled "divisive and intolerant" by those who love the world of darkness because their deeds are evil. 

I would not be loving in the eyes of My God if I lied to you or anybody - I would be full of hate for my brother and neighbour. This type of hate (not preaching the Truth) is now defined as tolerance and love in the world, a tolerance and love which only leads to death. But if I choose to preach the Truth, which IS His love, it is now quickly being defined as "hate" by a world quickly redefining good as evil and evil as good. His love saves; the world's love destroys. 

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Jesus came to a hostile world of men who were determined to kill him because He told them the Truth - that their deeds were evil - and they killed him out of envy because they weren't willing to give up their own way and method of salvation, their "religion", and put their faith and trust in God Himself to save them. 

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by ddaniel

Well I have given you a star and and flag. What a wonderful piece of writing. If you need to know I would see you as a gnostic Xtian. Why should anyone with more than two braincells blindly accept the average sermon with a good guy and a pantomine bad guy is all beyond me. IMO I think you are following your own inner spirit.

I honestly believe that we have the ability to save ourselves. This becomes especially obvious when we consider that we are supposed to be cast in the image of GOd.

Sadly most fundamentalists promulgate hatred.
Thanks for a great post!
Tiger5

Please tell us, how can we save ourselves when we know good and evil as God does, but refuse to acknowledge that the fruit of evil reaps misery and death and the fruit of good reaps peace and life? How can we save ourselves when man in his "godlike" state of mind, chooses to redefine evil as good and fully expects in his delusional thinking that he'll reap "peace and life" instead of what Our Creator said WOULD happen (reaping misery and death)?

Let me give you an example: sticking your finger in a high voltage outlet as "evil". The laws of how things work was created by Our Creator - and sticking your finger in that outlet will always produce the same results - pain, injury, death. So why is it that man wants to fully believe the person who comes along stating that sticking your finger in that high voltage outlet is a now a "good thing" or a "non moral absolute"? It's STILL going to produce the SAME consequence that Our Creator said would happen when we choose to do evil - misery, pain and death - and never will reap the peace and life that doing good brings no matter how much WE choose to think of it as good.

How is it that you can deny that this is what the world is quickly doing - producing a world whereby what he thinks is good is actually complete and utter wickedness and evil from Heaven's perspective? That the world is thinking that it's doing "right" because it's believing that it's doing "good", when in actuality it's now following the person whose come along and relabelled sticking your finger in a high voltage outlet as a good, enlightened, fun and enjoyable thing to do - and how is it that this same person has the crowds lining up to stick their finger in that outlet whilst blinding them to the dead bodies piling up all around them?

Yet you think that we can SAVE OURSELVES? We can't even see that the "good" we are choosing is reaping misery and death because IT'S REALLY AN EVIL AND NOT A GOOD. This is proof positive of what's happening to us, but yet you remain convinced that Jesus CHRIST wasn't speaking the Truth when he told Judea that what they were doing was evil.... Doing what their father the devil wanted as it was he that was a liar and murderer from the beginning?

I guess you can't see that Jesus was accused of being evil too and was viewed by the wicked as a "hater". Well, that "hater" spoke nothing but the Truth in order to bring them to repentance in order to save them. But man, as today, has redefined the same preaching that could convict their soul unto repentance, as "hate". Repenting is acknowledging wrong-doing in front of God so that He can CHANGE you. Keep pushing off that conviction of the Holy Spirit and you cross over into blasphemy.

And like God, you know evil and good, but UNLIKE GOD, man wants to redefine it to suit the perversities and evil desires within his own heart. Pedophiles do it! Mass murderers do it! Adulterers do it! Those who kill their unborn do it! We all can do it! And the world is imploding because a large percentage is unnknowingly reaping the results of evil from what they think is "good".

What was, will be again. The end is known from the beginning. But thankfully we have His promise that the gates of hell will never prevail against His true Kingdom.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Please contribute additional posts to the previous thread, located here.

Thanks

Thread closed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by WhoKnows100

... And then there are others, who state their own word as the word of God, to not preach tolerance and love but to discredit the idea in favour of a lifestyle they have chosen for the rest of the world

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join