It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity. Serving others. Serving self.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To answer your question, we are all One. You. Me. This planet. The Sun. The Universe. Source.

This is the Truth.

Your current incarnation onto Earth/Gaia at this time has veiled you from who or what you really are. The journey and experience of being human is to come to KNOW yourself. Every experience put in front of you, everything you do, is to bring you to this.

Now, everything that "separates" us is an illusion, a necessary one to have the experience. It is just a "ride", as the late great Bill Hicks said, and so did George Carlin.

Certainly you said it yourself, we are all unique. We ARE! We are also One. We are experiencing this existence subjectively as fragments (and yet wholes) of the One, the Source.

I'm getting waves of energy just describing this to you. How blissful!

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by fourthmeal

Service to Others is the choice and acknowledgement that indeed we are all One.

One question:

We are all one what? One species?

I mean yes we all appear to be similar in form, but we are also different insofar as there is no two personal existences that are exactly alike. I think that only by examining mankind superficially can we all be one, but this is only an appearance, or an imaginative category. In my mind, to focus solely on similarities is a mistake, as even the similarities themselves are different, and form of course varies across the board. We cannot just dismiss the context of every single constituent in regards to the whole of reality.

Service to others is only possible if we are aware of the other's context. If we are all one, and context is dismissed as illusory, it would seem that service to others is illogical. So I think it is best to think of us as not one, but many, by including and not avoiding separation, difference, individuality, and most importantly, the self.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It seems like we are more a part of the universe, a constituent, and not the universe itself. This is the truth. The universe is a universal, and each and every constituent part of it are particulars or atomic facts of that universal. No two particulars are exactly alike and not a single particular besides the universe itself can be the universe. Similarities are illusory. Instead, differences and the value of those differences should first be realized. Devaluing those differences as illusory is a fatal mistake and can lead only to such vile things as hate.

Only when difference is noticed and realized, one can finally practice 'service to others.' When one notices that another may be worse off than himself, he is noticing the differences between himself and the other. If all were similar, no one would notice that there is a need for 'service to others.'

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Around certain people, respect is not given unless you do something that would be considered bad. Around thieves, they expect you to be a thief or they won't trust you. You can learn from them, but they aren't going to learn from you because they are the ones who don't trust you. If you trust them, you'll probably get robbed blind. So what do you do? Hang out with them without trusting them. Don't let them run your life and make you do something you don't want to do. In the company of self serving people, you should be self serving. But you can be self serving and still adhere to your moral codes.

Service to self is okay. But don't do anything you believe is bad, and don't let others control you. When serving others, you don't have to conform to their will. Make your own decision, but try to see where they are coming from. It is important to keep a balance. And it is important to recognize who is looking out for who. Don't get lost as a completely self serving individual who becomes apathic. But keep a balance.

I agree because without balance it will will be inevivitable that apathy will set in. Applying itsnowagains system of doing a person could be cold and indifferent to people. With out balance there will be no balance of checks, the checks and balances that keep us feeling like well people and not some lost animal roaming some the barrens of life.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It seems like we are more a part of the universe, a constituent, and not the universe itself. This is the truth. The universe is a universal, and each and every constituent part of it are particulars or atomic facts of that universal. No two particulars are exactly alike and not a single particular besides the universe itself can be the universe. Similarities are illusory. Instead, differences and the value of those differences should first be realized. Devaluing those differences as illusory is a fatal mistake and can lead only to such vile things as hate.

Only when difference is noticed and realized, one can finally practice 'service to others.' When one notices that another may be worse off than himself, he is noticing the differences between himself and the other. If all were similar, no one would notice that there is a need for 'service to others.'

I'm afraid you are completely missing the point, but that's just from my path's point of view so don't take my criticism as judgement.

I do not dismiss your importance of noting differences here, I am just stating that when I speak of STO and STS choices, I am speaking to the universal Truth and not the subjective experience we see from a limited consciousness depth.

If it helps you, the Law of One information (which I have studied for years now) may help to actually grasp where I'm going. If you want to learn more, feel free to google it and research as you see fit.

I'm going to part with a concept. Say I am dark skinned, and you are light skinned. Some people view this as a difference. In reality, we are the Source simply experiencing itself subjectively in two different wrappers.

The Truth is - There is only one of us here.

edit on 26-12-2012 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Love this message just really had one thing that came to mind when reading the OP. Service to self is service to others and vice versa since there according to this idea only is one conscious awareness contributing to the total amount of beings then this consciousness is ultimately serving itself no matter which way 'we' do it. I serve you but you are me so I also serve myself. I serve me but me is also you so i am serving you.

Ultimately what appears to go against or be the adversary of consciousness experiencing itself as life is the idea that 'we' as individuals have any say in what should or should not be and that acceptance that 'we' do not is the same as claiming apathy to life. However when understood accepting that 'we' the individual can not accomplish a thing until the majority of consciousness approves or is moving in the same direction is everything but being apathetic. It is moving in line with consciousness and ultimately serving ones purpose. The only thing we as individual 'we(s)' are here to do is to experience experience as 'us' to gather impressions of what it is to be.

Just thoughts

much love

Went back thought all the responses and want to echo itsnowagain's posts especially the one stating it is only funny when you get it.... Sometimes I wonder if the tower of Babel story refers to semantics in general because no matter how many ways you put it into language there are an equal amount of ways in which to misinterpret what is intended by that language. Only when it is experienced do the words show their true meaning. What an absolutely brilliant way in which to keep the game going, make it so easy and obvious that the players refuse to believe it even when it is in their faces. Human beings have done nothing with their intelligence but make something so simple as being into the most complex catch 22 mind trap. There is nothing difficult about being it is, you are, they are and I Am and it is that simple.

edit on 26/12/2012 by IAmD1 because: comment on previous posts

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yeah I don't know about this. I think it's possible, but I don't know think it's happening right now. These transcendent ideas have been around for 100s of years or more.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Service to Others is the choice and acknowledgement that indeed we are all One.

One question:

We are all one what? One species?

I mean yes we all appear to be similar in form, but we are also different insofar as there is no two personal existences that are exactly alike. I think that only by examining mankind superficially can we all be one, but this is only an appearance, or an imaginative category. In my mind, to focus solely on similarities is a mistake, as even the similarities themselves are different, and form of course varies across the board. We cannot just dismiss the context of every single constituent in regards to the whole of reality.

Service to others is only possible if we are aware of the other's context. If we are all one, and context is dismissed as illusory, it would seem that service to others is illogical. So I think it is best to think of us as not one, but many, by including and not avoiding separation, difference, individuality, and most importantly, the self.

Service to self is good. Ultimately, the self is all there is and ultimately, serving others is serving the self and vice versa.

We all share one consciousness. If you don't believe this, then serving others will seem pointless. But if you take it into consideration for the remainder of this post, you can see the wisdom in it.

Serving others tries to approach the absolute through the subjective. Being that we are subjective beings, this is a wise approach and one that is serving to the absolute.

Serving the self tries to approach the absolute through the absolute. By that, I mean, self serving entities believe that they can somehow have an absolute experience through their individualized human self. The universe doesn't work this way. However, humans work this way. Ants do not. Serving the self helps with survival, but it is an attitude that, beyond that, doesn't serve the absolute self very well.

In other words, a serving others attitude is much more useful to the absolute. After all, the absolute is split into infinite individuals. Serving others endows you with the spirit of life.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Service to self is good. Ultimately, the self is all there is and ultimately, serving others is serving the self and vice versa.

We all share one consciousness. If you don't believe this, then serving others will seem pointless. But if you take it into consideration for the remainder of this post, you can see the wisdom in it.

Serving others tries to approach the absolute through the subjective. Being that we are subjective beings, this is a wise approach and one that is serving to the absolute.

Serving the self tries to approach the absolute through the absolute. By that, I mean, self serving entities believe that they can somehow have an absolute experience through their individualized human self. The universe doesn't work this way. However, humans work this way. Ants do not. Serving the self helps with survival, but it is an attitude that, beyond that, doesn't serve the absolute self very well.

In other words, a serving others attitude is much more useful to the absolute. After all, the absolute is split into infinite individuals. Serving others endows you with the spirit of life.

I can't quite fathom what you mean by 'share one consciousness.' If you mean that we all perceive and remember the same way, I would have to disagree. Our individual consciousnesses are the result of individual experiences, sensuality and memory. Yes, each human is conscious, insofar as they can perceive and are awake, but that is not true of all things that are not endowed with nervous systems. If you mean something else you might have to elaborate, at least, if you would like me to understand what you mean. But for now the dictionary definition of consciousness might have to suffice.

I sort of understand what you mean by 'serving the self tries to approach the absolute through the absolute.' But I think that it's a mistake to assume that that is the only aim. When I serve myself I do it for health, self-mastery, learning the limits of my impression and expression, and to explore my unique abilities to create or destroy. It is the path of life. Personally, there's no reason to for me to attain anything absolute, as doing so seems fruitless and unattainable. But even though myself and the ones who self-serve to reach an absolute have a different goal in mind, the path to reach these goals is fairly similar.

I think the only thing to attain through service to others is a good conscience or a feeling of benevolence. It's nice because it feels good and we understand the one we are serving also feels good. But feeling good, or feeling happy or making others happy isn't an argument, much like feeling bad, feeling sad or making others sad isn't an argument. Giving or servitude is a path of appearing righteous, not being righteous, but I completely agree that in some situations it is entirely necessary.

As an example, it's difficult to find a man who gives to charity who doesn't let everyone know of his charitable deeds. So then I wonder if it is instead self-service he is after. But when I see someone healthy, strong, intelligent and on a road to self-mastery—not motivated by any greed, but motivated by life—I see one who can lead and inspire greatness in others, and rather than be a crutch for someone in a worse state, he becomes a garden of motivation and inspiration.

Charity isn't wanted in most cases, for it always brings a sense of shame (I've worked for the homeless doing outreach). Most want to feel empowered to be able to do it themselves. So instead of serving them, we must treat them as equal and share not in material things, but knowledge and wisdom.

I am kind of thinking out loud and I agree with what you say. I just find it a difficult to choose one over the other.

Thanks for the well-thought out response.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I wish I wasn't on my phone and it wasn't so hard to quote text. I have a reply for each of your paragraphs. But it's too hard to isolate them on my phone. So ill just deal with them one at a time. One reply ar a time in the following replies.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I know what you mean when you say charity isn't wanted, and I agree. To be charitable to someone, you have to have judged them as someone in need of charity, and that is insulting. Serving others isn't about giving poor people money or food, but it is about providing them a means to acquire these things for themselves. As you said, empower them with knowledge when possible.

The main thing is, don't hoard your knowledge and don't use it against people to obtain a higher status. Share it freely so that all can benefit. Serving others is about not restricting information coming in or going out. It would seem to serve the self, you would want to learn, but the only kind of information you care about is information that directly benefits you. In serving others, you gain information about how you can help all. These are two types of communication. And two types of information.

In opening yourself up to others in service to them, you open yourself up to the essence of life. This is consciousness. We share it. It is our life force. It is our innermost beingness. Your presence has an effect on others that, in turn effects their presence which has an effect on you. It is the quiet space in your mind. Every life form has a presence, a life essence. And your presence can add to or subtract from others' feeling of life.

edit on 27-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

[color=gold]

Parent Parent Parent
Child,
CHILD(s) think question?
? found LESSON learned,
& answer=Connection

connection=fire or electric their just names
for connection= main ATTRIBUTE
that links us ALL the SAME

Love thanks

Ontopic, sorry

Connection to the Source
YES means all the same..

even if the is from EA*RTH
& yet from Space ye has came

Yet WE interact and try to understand
as if each species is/are
AI intel. gathering programs

If so that be programs all 1
=compiled information bucked up
where WE begun

So YES =1 meaning ALL are we.
And connected together
The Source WE BE - come closer
to TRUTH as differences dissolve

and eventually the universal and or dimensional collective evolves

EVOLVES or EVOLVED
did many, still which is 1
though separated collectives!!!! Still CONSCIOUSLY A CONSCIOUS WEB WE HAVE SPUN.

note: 1 spun?

Thanks smithjustinb, 1 enjoyed the energized read ALL IS 1

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Consciousness is a sort of vibration. Everything has consciousness. Not everything may know that it has it and not everything may use it in the same way, but this is the master vibration of the universe that connects us all. Life on earth is not an accident. It wasn't just a lightning strike in a pond with a random amount of ingredients in it that happened to be conducive to life that gave way to the emergence of life. Life is a spirit that transcends the need for physical bodies and it exists beyond them. We are all connected to this spirit. This spirit, this consciousness, is nursing our bodies to carry out its purpose. It is you. It is me. Our innermost selves are beyond our personality and beyond this life. Our innermost self is something greater than we have known in this life. Our innermost self is one and we share it. It is looking through our eyes like windows. Everything is the universal shared consciousness. No one lives without being possessed by this one spirit.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Consciousness is a sort of vibration. Everything has consciousness. Not everything may know that it has it and not everything may use it in the same way, but this is the master vibration of the universe that connects us all. Life on earth is not an accident. It wasn't just a lightning strike in a pond with a random amount of ingredients in it that happened to be conducive to life that gave way to the emergence of life. Life is a spirit that transcends the need for physical bodies and it exists beyond them. We are all connected to this spirit. This spirit, this consciousness, is nursing our bodies to carry out its purpose. It is you. It is me. Our innermost selves are beyond our personality and beyond this life. Our innermost self is something greater than we have known in this life. Our innermost self is one and we share it. It is looking through our eyes like windows. Everything is the universal shared consciousness. No one lives without being possessed by this one spirit.

If you guys remember N.A. Kozyrev, he worked hard to find the thing that IS this. I think he discovered it was a torsion wave, with unique properties of spin and other behaviors. His research, though somewhat "debunked" by modern science, is astounding and I LOVE his approach. He explains why a nautilus shell is the shape it is, why the human body is proportioned the way Leonardo discovered, etc. The life force and its properties always astounds me.

Why modern science doesn't really bother to research all this? I think it would blow the whole model so carefully put together right out of the water. Consciousness IS EVERYTHING.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am "me" and you are "you". We are not "one" , we are "two".

There is unity, not oneness,

but if I do feel "one" with everything, it would be "ME" feeling it, from "MY" perspective...

There would be "others" still NOT feeling "it".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I am "me" and you are "you". We are not "one" , we are "two".

There is unity, not oneness,

but if I do feel "one" with everything, it would be "ME" feeling it, from "MY" perspective...

There would be "others" still NOT feeling "it".

Maybe not at this level while vibrating at a certain level of consciousness, this is quite true. That's what the veil of separation, and veil of forgetfulness can do to a 3D human.

Transcend that, and observe again that truth is One.

Source fragments and experiences itself subjectively. The "you" and the "me" is but a subjective viewpoint from this level of consciousness. At a higher level, your higher Self is tied with an Oversoul, or a group-consciousness, which is then tied with Source which is all that is. And consider that everything that is "reality" is just projected reality from this consciousness itself.

In reality there is no spoon.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We are not one body, but one spirit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Yes, probably this is the best way to explain it.

We are not one body (we are individual),

But at the same time we are made up of the same stuff (spirit/energy) so on that level all of it is merged together - as one.

We are like a bunch of circles overlapping one another. Reminds me of The Seed of Life:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Is that so or is it just another one of the the duality function illusions put in place by consciousness. What if there is only consciousness and everything else is an illusion occurring within it. On the other hand what if there is no consciousness and it is an illusion occurring as a result of separate bodies interacting?

What ever it is does it matter to your experience which one you believe to be true? If it does then chose wisely if not then perhaps at that point freedom from illusions?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

There IS only one consciousness and everything Is just an illusion occurring within it. Consciousness is an unchanging thing which all the changing things are trying to emulate. Consciousness is a fire and the changing is the burning. The burning grows hotter as time goes on. Flames can merge and make a bigger, more powerful flame.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

There IS only one consciousness and everything Is just an illusion occurring within it. Consciousness is an unchanging thing which all the changing things are trying to emulate. Consciousness is a fire and the changing is the burning. The burning grows hotter as time goes on. Flames can merge and make a bigger, more powerful flame.

If consciousness is the all, oneness, everythingness, nothingness or potential in which everything occurs then it is both the fire and the burning and what ever else you can come up with to describe events, occurrences, waves etc. Describe it as a flame, a wave, a string, a feeling, an item etc etc it is all semantics - find the semantics that trigger your understanding or is helpful at any which time or event and roll with it.

The only way to be free is to recognize that you are not bound....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join