It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of proof or level of disclosure do you require?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

So regardless of what it's called, or what label to use, or how imprecise the words become — proof, evidence, testimonials, certified reports, artifacts, authentications, independent substantiations, actual fossils, photos of dead bodies, whatever — what's the minimum that you personally need to feel completely satisfied that they exist?

Ivory-Billed Woodpecker Sighted and Recorded

Scientists working independently in three states have now published articles that report multiple sightings of and various forms of evidence for this elusive species, which is extremely difficult to observe and photograph due to its rarity, wariness, and tendency to roam over wide areas in remote swamp habitat. The two previous articles present findings from Arkansas [Fitzpatrick et al., Science (2005)] and Florida [Hill et al., Avian Conservation and Ecology (2006)].

the photographic evidence is - compelling:

:-)

All this for something we know for certain existed. Once it was declared extinct - there have been more than a few people in the natural history/birding community that have been ridiculed and dismissed for even looking for the thing - let alone claiming they saw or heard one

People are funny - they won't believe it until we have an ET killed and mounted in the Smithsonian

And even then...

edit on 12/26/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Viewing the night sky from a location untouched by light pollution is enough for me, looking into clouds of starts and a sea of life.

That would be good evidence of life elsewhere, but not exactly evidence of alien visitation of Earth. Disclosure is about alien visitation/alien contact, not just the probability of life existing elsewhere.

Virtually all mainstream scientists already tells us that life most likely exists elsewhere in the universe, so if that's all you require for disclosure, then disclosure has already happened.

edit on 12/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
…that would completely satisfy you on the subject of intelligent extraterrestrials visiting us right now?

So regardless of what it's called, or what label to use, or how imprecise the words become — proof, evidence, testimonials, certified reports, artifacts, authentications, independent substantiations, actual fossils, photos of dead bodies, whatever — what's the minimum that you personally need to feel completely satisfied that they exist?

This is an open, non-accusatory, simple inquiry. It would be interesting to hear from all the same respondents in the "What's your general theory?" discussion.
edit on 26-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

I have been researching the subject for 2 1/2 years, very intently, and I am already convinced in the existence of ETs and/or Extra- Dimensonals on our planet. I believe that this non-human intelligence has been here longer than man has.

So, to answer your question, I don't require any further proof. The world does, however, so we will wait. We will wait on something that convinces the rest of the world. It will need to be obvious, and undeniable proof. For, if it has the slightest crack, the naysayers will "debunk" it completely.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For me, it would have to be seeing an ET craft and its occupants and shaking the occupants hand, thats all i would need

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
For me, it would have to be seeing an ET craft and its occupants and shaking the occupants hand, thats all i would need

So you wouldn't believe that Al Qaeda terrorists exist either?

Replace "ET" with any type of people you haven't met. Mongolians. Sudanese. Eskimos. Al Qaeda terrorists...

For me, it would have to be seeing an Al Qaeda terrorist craft and its occupants and shaking the Al Qaeda terrorist's hand, thats all i would need

[to believe that Al Qaeda terrorists exist because otherwise Al Qaeda terrorists do not exist]

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see their weapons. They have ships so they have weapons.

If someone from the government declassified information I'd be happy. Government officials giving testimony under oath that they are real would be good.

I don't need proof from others; there is enough memory and experience in myself to believe they are a real phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm with Nerbot on this one. I wouldn't believe anything until I looked them in the eye. I've met some people who creeped me out face to face, while their picture could never reveal the truth in their souls.

I'll believe when I'm standing in front of one. No amount of shakey YouTube videos of glowing lights are ever going to convince me. I don't believe the news, I don't believe the word of a politician and I am not convinced by the tales of others. I have a friend who swears that he stopped a rape by using his martial arts. I've spared with him, no he didn't. But that doesn't stop him from telling the story and absolutely believing it.

My own eyes. That is when I'll believe.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I'm with Nerbot on this one. I wouldn't believe anything until I looked them in the eye. I've met some people who creeped me out face to face, while their picture could never reveal the truth in their souls.

I'll believe when I'm standing in front of one. No amount of shakey YouTube videos of glowing lights are ever going to convince me. I don't believe the news, I don't believe the word of a politician and I am not convinced by the tales of others. I have a friend who swears that he stopped a rape by using his martial arts. I've spared with him, no he didn't. But that doesn't stop him from telling the story and absolutely believing it.

My own eyes. That is when I'll believe.

This is why we have the tourism industry.

Tourists walk along the Champs-S'Élysées, thinking, "I never knew Paris actually existed."

Tourists come off viewing boats in Alaska, leaning against taxidermist-prepared whale carcasses, thinking, "wow I never knew these creatures actually existed."

But sadly, it's also why some people don't think Storm Sandy really happened. Nor the Tsunami in Japan. They didn't see it with their own eyes.

I guess it's just human nature — for some humans.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The deniers remind me of the people who do not believe there was a holocaust.
They have seen the photos, seen the films and even heard eyewitness testimony, but they still do not believe it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

The deniers remind me of the people who do not believe there was a holocaust.
They have seen the photos, seen the films and even heard eyewitness testimony, but they still do not believe it.

Did you know that there are still people today who believe the world is flat?!

I kid you not. They reside in small villages in Southeast Asia. I've personally met them face to face in my travels. I've had lengthy though difficult conversations (I'm bilingual).

Whatever you show them, however you try to explain, in whichever manner you demonstrate, they dismiss it as heresy and evil deception. They will never believe the Earth is spherical — they're not even willing to ride in an airplane to witness it if you pay for everything.

This is what comes up (among other things) in the search for answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

So you wouldn't believe that Al Qaeda terrorists exist either?

Replace "ET" with any type of people you haven't met. Mongolians. Sudanese. Eskimos. Al Qaeda terrorists...

For me, it would have to be seeing an Al Qaeda terrorist craft and its occupants and shaking the Al Qaeda terrorist's hand, thats all i would need

[to believe that Al Qaeda terrorists exist because otherwise Al Qaeda terrorists do not exist]

No, thats something COMPLETELY different, nice try tho

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

No, thats something COMPLETELY different, nice try tho

But how is it different? Do you even know what you think? That's the question. You don't have to go into details if you can't.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sir, I was taken back in Sept-2006, and I know they are here. The beings have infiltrated the human race and there is nothing we can do about this. This is the most secret subject in all Governments and they are always going to attempt to cover this up. I don't expect them to admit this, because it would cause great panic. Ignorance is sometimes bliss!! When you do know, you just have to adapt.

The only way to stop them is to destroy their ships before they enter the Earth. If they make it here, and they have, there is no stopping them. Hopefully, they will go back where they came from. Infra-Red Technology is the only way to pick up on their presence. Some of them have been hiding among us since the beginning of creation. The majority of their intent is to improve technology! Their are many different species among us, and some would like to en-slave us. They have created a Telepathic Link that they are using as a war tactic, or that may be Government induced to bring about New World Order.

I respect the work of MUFON, SETI and Doctor Steven Greer- The Disclosure Project.

Ships have already arrived, and they have the ability to beam the beings down to Earth and may appear as a Grey Mist that lands on the Ground and then disappears. I do not know if they plan to attack. There are 25 percent that are willing to help humans survive whatever is coming our way. There is 75% that want to en-slave us.

I know these beings are taking other humans, some they return and others they do not. A hot area of this issue is in Nome, Alaska. These beings like remote areas!

My best advise is keep watch over the sky!! Use common sense and never panic! Stock up on food and water and keep you're gas tank on full at all times. If they attack- they are going after the Power Grid and Communications. That is only my opinion based on what has happen to me since Sept-2006.

I would keep NORAD on high alert at all times! I would also make sure that Star Wars is working!

These beings know how to hide in the air-space!

I would also suggest working with Russia to solve the issue.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm an open minded person, but I find the new age psudo-experts who push their books on the more shady media outlets less than honest. They clam they had personal encounters, make millions by selling books with big eyed greys on the cover and provide not a shred of evidence that their sci-fi tales happened.

I would be satisfied if we had extraterrestrial DNA that was verified and agreed upon by the majority of DNA experts in the world.

Short of that is a hoax constructed for the purpose of generating income or hype in one way or another. Nice dummy, animatronics, mask, cgi, model, but it doesn't cut it.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I haven't had any close encounters, but I have seen plenty of movement in the skies that couldn't be stars, or meteors. Too much zig-zaging going on.
I also have friends who have said they were contacted by ETs in dreams. Who knows?!

I like to keep an open mind, so I'm pretty sure they are here, or up there. And I also think the governments around the world know this already. Some have even made their records public, but people still refuse to believe.

I'm not sure if the skeptics will ever have enough proof.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wrong thread. Sorry!
edit on 12/26/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I am talking about an ADVANCED, totaly ALIEN species. The Taliban or Al Queida are sects of a HUMAN RACE

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I am talking about an ADVANCED, totaly ALIEN species. The Taliban or Al Queida are sects of a HUMAN RACE

But how do you know they're ADVANCED?

How do you know they're a TOTALLY ALIEN species?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
When ever a COVER-UP is involved, there will be no "proof".

There IS a huge cover-up involved here.

To require proof, would be similar to requiring proof of any other conspiracy.

I hear what you're saying. But you're suggesting that UFO sightings are always accompanied or followed by government forces, that is not the case.

Originally posted by randomname
Didn't Reagan say .. About humanity coming together to fight off aliens and wasn't he a big proponent of the "star wars", of all things, orbital defense system...

He was speaking allegorically. He was trying to explain the absurdity of the Cold War. He could also have meant it literally, but actually he asked, rhetorically: Isn't an enemy already among us? And then he explained that the enemy was the folly of humans, namely war among each other. One of Reagan's rare hippie moments

edit on 26-12-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

if theyre not human, theyre alien, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join