It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Based on the latest BATMAN movie, is Pittsburg a potential target?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I just watched "The Dark Knight Rises" on dvd and I am wondering if there isnt a warning for Pittsburg ("the steel city") as a potential target. First, there were the previews: A) "The Man of Steel" (Superman) and B) Injustice (super heroes turned bad?). Everything is certainly not as it seems and could be turned upside down (like the upcoming movie, "Injustice"). Second, the Gotham City Football team had the black and yellow colors of the Pittsburg Steelers and even had the Steelers Wide Receiver Hines Ward (even his real name on his jersey; he was the kickoff receiver outrunning the bombs exploding on the field in that iconic scene). The same guy who won a season on "Dancing with the Stars" which brings up symbolism from an earlier Batman installment where Jack Nicholson's Joker kept talking about "dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight"....both the dancing with the devil and the moon symbolism (astrologically, the study of ''stars'' and planetary bodies). Re the "pale moonlight" another member already pointed out the fact that both the Aurora theatre and Sandy Hook shootings took place at the same point in the lunar cycle....one day after the New Moon....where the moonlight "rises" from its darkest point and is most "pale". Surely there are other symbols in the movie. Bob Kane, creator of Batman = B. Kane = Bane. Not that this is special. Maybe this is just too "HARD" (Hines Ward = H. Ward = Hard - LOL). But we should study this movie for all clues. Also, if anyone has the capability of studying this frame by frame for subliminal messages that would be a great service to us all. Thoughts? Comments.
edit on 25-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I hope nothing bad comes, I highly doubt anything bad will happen.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Well Tim Tebow hasnt been too busy to play a role and he wasnt selected or anything that was consistent with Gotham City being New York City.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The city I'd be worried about is Gotham. I wouldn't go near Gotham if you paid me in Batman money, or shone a light in my eyes. They're a mean bunch over there.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well, I'm not into movies ,but I do know that
"Pirates,Penguins, or Steelers" anagrammed = "Enterprises in sport leagues"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
In that case if it was real i guess we need a super hero.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Well maybe the "pen (can be) mightier than the sword" (Penn)...and by writing about it we might preempt a potential attack (if it is in the cards). What is significant about Pittsburg? 1) city of Pitt (pit), 2) representative of american industry and 3) City of 3 Rivers (altho none named "styx" thankfully). Nothing definitive there but interesting collectively.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I see that there is a "Sandy Hook", Pennsylvania also. It is in Franklin County; not that close to Pittsburg tho (about an hour WSW of Harrisburg and about 45 mins away from the Army War College at Carlisle Barracks).

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My first though when I read your post was "he's lost it!" The idea that directors, producers and the money can either see the future or are in fact creating it is just crazy from my vantage point. Having said that, I thought,...Wait, this poster is seeing a remote potential based on their vantage point and putting it forward as a sort of warning. Meanwhile, clear across town, in some dingy hovel, some nut bar with a closet full of assault weaponry is somehow getting a mission together because his deranged mind watched the film and...He knew exactly what he had to do! I kind of think we're in a bad spot right now where the line drawn between fiction and reality is getting very fuzzy!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think a major clue is that Anne Hathaway is the lady lead in the film. Either by inferring that "Hat Away" points to the tragic loss of Roberto Clemente in a plane crash whose hat and number were quickly retired by the so-called Pirates (or did Clemente survive the plane's destruction, or fake his own death, and only his butler knows it?), or "That a way" meaning the movie wants someone to go on the road. As for the name "Anne", if you twist it around a few times and change some of its letters it could very well sound like Pittsburgh. You may be on to something.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Aleister because: spelling

edit on 25-12-2012 by Aleister because: more

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

And maybe Roberto Clemente's plane crash was an assassination to lock his All Time hit total at 3000 (no I didnt look it up I already knew it and had his baseball card autographed by him at 3 Rivers Stadium in the 1960s) because the end is coming in the year 3000. Wow! you nailed it....thanks. Now I can go to bed. But your point is well taken but wait now that you mentioned Anne Hathaway (the "cat" woman burglar)....she was also one of the protagonists of the movie musical version of Les Miserables that came out today....and there is a conmon thead of the terror of Robespierre during the trials of the bourgeoisie during the French Revolution and the terror of Bane in Batman. Maybe that is what they want, ''a tale of two (wars)" - capital redistribution and population reduction.
But then again some of your points (absent the insults) were well taken....too much spiked egg nog today perhaps. We'll see. Any way I encourage members to tread the fine line between thinking creatively and examining what others think is crazy in pursuit of the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

No insult intended, I was joining the satire and knew what you were doing. I hope you still have the autographed card, that's a treasure and a "touchstone" artifact (which I guess autographs are, I enjoy manuscripts and documents like that) of a great ballplayer's and humanitarian's too-short life. I think I'm going to friend you, and keep up the pointed satire, it's both fun and makes a point that needs to be made.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Sadly not...my brother "converted" my two shoe boxes full of baseball cards (Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and many others also) along with his shoe box and sold them all for $4000 (late 1970s) and bought silver dollars with the proceeds prior to the big run up in 1980. I never would have sold them and that Mantle card would be quite valuable (altho not autographed like the Clemente card).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Based on the Robespierre references of the French Revolution....one thing that might be noted is that they used the Guillotine not walks on thin ice for their execution method. We have all heard the guillotine rumors for years.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I skimmed over latest Batman movie again today on dvd. A couple of observations:
1) there was some sublte (almost subliminal but audio) chanting in the soundtrack when Batman saved Catwoman on the roof at the appearance of Bane. Perhaps someone with sophisticated sound equipment can study it.
2) I did notice the "322" of Skull & Bones on one of the football stadium sections that was focused on by the camera...it could mean 3/22 as a date or maybe the yale boys just copied the plate # out of the encyclopedia when they copied the skull and bones logo :0.
3) When the map showed "Sandy Hook" it was subtle and not mentioned in the dialogue (they were talking about gpsing the truck).
4) There were a lot of commands by Bane to "Do as you will" (which is a paraphrase of the Church of Satan's Anton Le Vey's motto of "Do as thou wilt."
5) Even tho Batman retired (as seen by Alfred in Florence in the last scene) and this was Chris Nolan's final installment we can look forward to"the Batman" in the future and this time with Robin and the Catwoman (who might change her role to that of the Batwoman or Batgirl since presumably she is now a good girl).
edit on 26-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Last comment on this thread unless something happens in Pittsburg. During my review of the movie yesterday I noticed that the bats in the film were "red".....Red has several connotations; 1) red = blood = evil but so is black so that is a wash; 2) red bats signify fortune or success in chinese culture (success for their venture or plans?) and 3) red is symbolic of communism. Did anyone else notice this shift in the color of bats from black to red or have any thoughts on its meaning?

edit on 27-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join