It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Christmas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by adjensen

So your operating theory is the Jeremiah had a time machine, eh?

I said nothing of a time machine. Christmas trees existed in Jeremieh's day. They where not called Christmas trees in his days, but they are the same.

Show me historical evidence that "Christmas trees" existed in Jeremiah's day, and then show a direct connection to the actual Christmas trees that begin in Germany in the 1500s, and then show how people in modern times worship their trees and believe that their salvation comes from said tree.

If you can't do those three things (and we both know that you can't,) then this pointless bantering is over. Jeremiah didn't have a time machine, so he wasn't talking about Christmas trees, any more than he was admonishing against Santa Claus, mistletoe or caroling.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Show me historical evidence that "Christmas trees" existed in Jeremiah's day,

Read what Jeremieh wrote.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
To the readers,

It is widely admitted that the customs of Christmas, are pagan in origin. We are told to "learn not the way of the heathen" and therefore those customs do not have a place in the life of a true Christian.

Jeremiah 10:2 (KJV)
2Thus saith The Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Colossians 2:8 (KJV)
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Do not be spoiled by the traditions of men.
edit on 5-1-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I highly doubt that anyone other than you or I is still reading this thread, but we have you, with your slavish attending to the law, on the one hand, ready to read "paganism" into everything under the sun, and we have me, on the other hand, who accepts Christ's salvation, as it is given - an act of faith and grace, not caged in fears and derived regulations.

Celebrate Christmas, folks, don't let Fundamentalist Scrooges like this spoil a joyous season.

And, again, since you have neither demonstrated that Jeremiah taught against Christmas trees, or that there is a connection between the idols he did teach against and the German tradition that began in the 1500s, there is no point in continuing this idiotic line of discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I highly doubt that anyone other than you or I is still reading this thread,

There seems to be at least one other.

but we have you, with your slavish attending to the law,

I do not take part in pagan traditions because of my love of God, not because of the law.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

He's right.... I've been following along the whole discussion...

And im fully amused!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It is widely admitted that the customs of Christmas, are pagan in origin.

Is it not widely admitted that paganism is shamanic in origin, which could be explained by.....the Santa was a mushroom theory?

I find that theory to be the most fun, with just as many symbolic connections as the religious theory.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Apollyon Rising - Satanic Temple unveils Santa's true identity:

Maybe this statue will suffer the same fate as the statue of Dagon did in 1 Samuel 5 when the Philistines put the ark of God in the temple of Dagon? Maybe, maybe not, but the obvious message from that part of scripture is that God will not be mocked, and as far as I know, Baphomet, or Santa Clause as he's called on Christmas has nothing at all to do with the history of the state of Oklahoma. They might as well just erect a statue for Adolf Hitler or Aleister Crowley while they are at it.

And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.

2 When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

3 And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

4 And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him. - 1 Samuel 5

It should be noted that king Nimrod of the Bible was also said to have worn horns on his head as a crown. Lets hope this Baphomet statue gets vandalized as well if they do get it approved.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Under the Mosiac law a Jew would have an obligation to destroy that pagan affront to God.
I am not under the Mosaic law, but I am sure some in America are, it would be interesting to see how long it's head would stay on.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Blue_Jay33
reply to post by BlackManINC

Under the Mosiac law a Jew would have an obligation to destroy that pagan affront to God.
I am not under the Mosaic law, but I am sure some in America are, it would be interesting to see how long it's head would stay on.

Yeah I'm sure some that are of the judeo christian ilk would try and demolish the statue, an act which I would commend wholeheartedly, however, that particular scripture about the statue of Dagon being destroyed was meant to be interpreted as an act done by God himself. It doesn't give any indication that it was destroyed by any Israelite. So I wouldn't advocate the destruction of this Baphomet statue by our own hands, because as 1 Samuel 5 indicates, God just may do it himself.

Speaking more about Baphomet or the Goat of Mendez as its often called. Goats were used by the Israelite's as an atonement for sin. Its the custom of the scapegoat. Bephomet is meant to be a mockery of Jesus as the sacrificial lamb. The horned hand symbol that we see being flashed by anybody of any real influence in the world is akin to flipping the bird, or the middle finger at Jesus. That's why the goats head are revered in satanism and witchcraft, for the attainment of "knowledge".

Bephomet being portrayed with his right arm up and the left arm down is meant to be symbolic of the union of the masculine and the feminine, or the law of opposites combined. Its just like other ancient symbols like the square and compass of freemasonry (the compass being the masculine and the square representing the feminine), the Chinese yin-yang symbol and so forth. The true meaning of this "law of opposites" as they call it is exposed in the Genesis 6 story. To put it simply, the right arm means "Sons of God" and the left arm means "daughters of men". Henceforth, the compass represents the fallen angels and the square represents the women in which the angels mated with, or raped. Once you understand this, then you'll see what the individual at the 6:40 mark of the video was really talking about.

"historical marker commemorating scapegoats, the marginalized and the demonized minority, the unjustly outcast.

From what I can see, the only group that have been "demonized" and made into a minority in America are Christians.The "unjustly outcast" he's really referring to are the fallen angels that were cast out and chained up in outer darkness for the crime of Genesis 6.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Satanists Unveil 7-Foot Baphomet Statue For City's Capitol:

Mark Dice pretty much sums it up:

What the silly Satanists don't understand is that the 10 Commandments are a historical reference to our current system of laws...ya know like not allowing murder, theft, lying under oath...etc. Brain damaged satanists don't know anything about history or much of anything for that matter, so we should't expect them to "get" why the 10 Commandments sit outside of courthouses. P.S. Aleister Crowley ate his own feces in his quest for enlightenment. Have fun!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join