It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Christmas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Digging deep into the secret history of Christmas. A look at the hidden pagan rituals hidden behind Christian names. Calling all Christians! WAKE UP! What is Christmas? What is the meaning behind Christmas? What does the tree represent and why do we decorate it and place gifts underneath it? Why have we been taught to lie to our children and teach them to believe in a man named Santa? Is it just coincidental that S.A.N.T.A. also spells S.A.T.A.N? How much truth do you want? Will you choose tradition over holiness and truth? For you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free! A must watch for those looking to be set free! Pass this on before its too late!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A timely thread indeed! No commentary or input- nice.

I don't think most Christians believe that Jesus was born on Dec. 25 and I think most are aware of the origins of most of the aspects related to this particular day. Do we worship a certain day? Or the sun? I don't think so. I think we celebrate life as Jesus gave it to us and try to set aside time to remember Him.

Also, the video is wrong- it wasn't an apple.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
u sir just blew my mind

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

/Yawn. This is done to death, and we already know. The good news is, it doesn't matter anymore, well unless you're standing under mistletoe and setting out food and drink offerings to Santa and his buddy Krampus or burning yule logs.

link   
Interesting post, some are to scared to hear the truth though.

link   

As Jimmy Aiken put it in his most recent newsletter:

Even if early Christians had scheduled the commemoration of Christ's birth to subvert a pagan holiday, so what?

How does that taint the celebration of Christmas today--by people who have never even heard of these pagan holidays? Aren't they honestly celebrating Christ's birth, regardless of the precise day on which it happened?

Further, isn't subverting a pagan holiday a good thing? Don't many Protestant groups celebrate October 31 not as Halloween (which they wrongly perceive as pagan) but as "Reformation Day" or "Harvest Festival"?

Helping people wean themselves off of pagan practices by providing a wholesome, alternative celebration would seem to be a good thing rather than a bad thing.

In other words... who cares what something's origins were if no one is practicing it based on those origins?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
A timely thread indeed! No commentary or input- nice.

I don't think most Christians believe that Jesus was born on Dec. 25 and I think most are aware of the origins of most of the aspects related to this particular day. Do we worship a certain day? Or the sun? I don't think so. I think we celebrate life as Jesus gave it to us and try to set aside time to remember Him.

Well, of course the Bible doesn't say what kind of fruit it was. He uses an apple because that's whats commonly used as the fruit that Adam and Eve supposedly ate, and nothing more. What happened to Snow White when she ate the apple? She died instantly.

edit on 25-12-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

That's right, it wasn't an apple, it was the Amanita muscaria mushroom.
which "opened" the eyes of the early clone slaves and they realized they where like the "gods"

Also the Amanita muscaria mushroom looks like Santa and this is where we get Santa from

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

As Jimmy Aiken put it in his most recent newsletter:

Even if early Christians had scheduled the commemoration of Christ's birth to subvert a pagan holiday, so what?

How does that taint the celebration of Christmas today--by people who have never even heard of these pagan holidays? Aren't they honestly celebrating Christ's birth, regardless of the precise day on which it happened?

Further, isn't subverting a pagan holiday a good thing? Don't many Protestant groups celebrate October 31 not as Halloween (which they wrongly perceive as pagan) but as "Reformation Day" or "Harvest Festival"?

Helping people wean themselves off of pagan practices by providing a wholesome, alternative celebration would seem to be a good thing rather than a bad thing.

In other words... who cares what something's origins were if no one is practicing it based on those origins?

A lot of people especially on boards like this may be aware of the true roots of Christmas, but there is a worrying amount of people our there that do actually believe that Christmas has anything at all to do with biblical Christianity. My point wasn't necessarily to convince people to stop celebrating it, its to show them the error of their ways, pure and simple.
edit on 25-12-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
VERY interesting video OP...

Notice the video says:

"the occult celebrates the DEATH of Christ..."

So what does JESUS think about all of this?

On Christmas morning in 1997 I was awake and praying knowing that I would soon be heading downstairs to share Christmas with my daughter and her family. As I continued praying about it the L-rd gave me a vision. Standing before me in an open vision I saw a Christmas Tree beautifully decorated with presents tucked all around the bottom. Across from the tree I saw Messiah hanging upon a cross weeping. He looked at me and cried: "The foxes have spoiled the whole tree." I responded: "L-rd, what do you mean?"

He then took me into the spirit and let me see things through His eyes and feel what He felt. He moaned: "Christmas is not about Me and what I gave on the cross. It is about greed and gifts and teaching My children the ways of the world. It is about what each one can get and moaning over what they don't get. It fosters greed and rebellion in the hearts of My precious children, while the poor and the needy go without. This is not My way; it is not My holiday. It is mans!

The merchants have totally perverted the joy of My birth and have turned the focus on satisfying the craving of man's lust. My children are not taught to forget themselves and seek the interest of the poor and needy. It is a holiday that is a complete perversion of my ways." I realized that Christmas, although many Churches put on pageants and plays about Christ and His birth, truly is a pagan holiday. No matter how we try to dress it up, it really isn't about our beloved Messiah. It is about us!

All the time He was speaking, I wept, as I was feeling His broken heart. I was experiencing a brokenness that was beyond my meager ability to bear. I at last decided. Somehow I had to be part of ending the pain I was part of creating. Personally, I have not celebrated Christmas since that day.

Where Is Christ In Christmas?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I read today that Santa was a mushroom....

“So, why do people bring Pine trees into their houses at the Winter Solstice, placing brightly colored (Red and White) packages under their boughs, as gifts to show their love for each other and as representations of the love of God and the gift of his Sons life? It is because, underneath the Pine bough is the exact location where one would find this ‘Most Sacred’ Substance, the Amanita muscaria, in the wild.”

www.riseearth.com...

Lots of Xmas connections and a interesting read.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

We are told it was a forbidden fruit. It could have been an apple, could have also been another fruit.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

They are still taking part in traditions of pagan origin that we are told not to take part in.

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (KJV)
2Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Colossians 2:8-9 (KJV)
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

It is time to stop making excuses for sin.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
2Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Um... that's pretty obviously decrying idolatry. Unless you're worshipping your Christmas tree, it isn't applicable.

Colossians 2:8-9 (KJV)
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

You mean like how your pastor hands out phony doctoral degrees to coddle the vanity of his followers, rejecting the teaching of Christ in Matthew 23:8?

It is time to stop making excuses for sin.

Agreed.

Now show how celebrating Christmas is sinful.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No need to examine where Christmas came from or what it once was (although it makes for an interesting read) to know that it has nothing to do with Christianity. All you have to do is look at what Christmas is now--an orgy of idolatrous materialism--to know that Jesus wouldn't have anything to do with it. Didn't he say something to the effect of "by their fruits you will know them"?

Well, the ornaments on the tree are a bit sour if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Um... that's pretty obviously decrying idolatry. Unless you're worshipping your Christmas tree, it isn't applicable.

The christmas tree is idolatry. People do worship their trees. They decorate them, sit around them, say how beautiful they are, and even bow to them.

You mean like how your pastor hands out phony doctoral degrees to coddle the vanity of his followers, rejecting the teaching of Christ in Matthew 23:8?

Many colleges give honorary degrees.

Matthew 23:9-10 (KJV)
9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Are you Catholic?

You can read the history of Christmas for yourself. Stop making excuses.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The christmas tree is idolatry. People do worship their trees. They decorate them, sit around them, say how beautiful they are, and even bow to them.

Yeah, that's not really worshipping them. People dress up their children, sit with them, say how beautiful they are and even bow to them. But I suppose in your goofball world, that's idolatry, as well.

Many colleges give honorary degrees.

So that makes it right? You're justifying the vanity of your pastor and his catering to the worldly ambitions of his followers by saying that worldly institutions do it, too?

Jesus said not to make up phony titles to try and earn the world's respect... that's exactly what your "church" and its unaccredited "college" does. Remove that plank from your eye, hypocrite.

You can read the history of Christmas for yourself. Stop making excuses.

Now show how celebrating Christmas is sinful. Stop making excuses.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yeah, that's not really worshipping them. People dress up their children, sit with them, say how beautiful they are and even bow to them. But I suppose in your goofball world, that's idolatry, as well.

The difference is the Bible tells us not to do it with the tree.

So that makes it right? You're justifying the vanity of your pastor and his catering to the worldly ambitions of his followers by saying that worldly institutions do it, too?

Jesus said not to make up phony titles to try and earn the world's respect... that's exactly what your "church" and its unaccredited "college" does. Remove that plank from your eye, hypocrite.

Do you have a college degree?

Do you call your priest, father?

There is plenty already written on the topic. Do the reading.
edit on 26-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The difference is the Bible tells us not to do it with the tree.

The Bible says don't worship the tree. It also says don't worship your kids or anything else that isn't God, so what's the difference?

You show me someone who prays to their Christmas tree, thinks that it is divine and can bring them salvation, and maybe you'll make a point.

Do you have a college degree?

Several, yes.

And you know what? You can, too! I am hereby establishing the unaccredited "College of Teh Interwebs", and by attesting that you agree with my opinion on all matters theological, I will bestow on you the honorary Doctoral degree from the "College of Teh Interwebs", which you can use to impress your friends and claim credibility in your arguments.

The only difference between my phony-balogny degree and that offered by your leader is that I admit mine's a sham... and I don't charge $1300 for it.

Do you call your priest, father?

Whether I do or not is completely irrelevant.

There is plenty already written on the topic. Do the reading.

I'm asking for you to demonstrate how my celebration of Christmas is sinful. I can do plenty of "reading" that shows it is not, so quit being lazy and let's see some proof.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The Bible says don't worship the tree. It also says don't worship your kids or anything else that isn't God, so what's the difference?

You show me someone who prays to their Christmas tree, thinks that it is divine and can bring them salvation, and maybe you'll make a point.

Having kids and dressing them is different than putting up a tree and decorating it in a way the Bible says not to do.

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (KJV)
2Thus saith The Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Several, yes.

Did you seek your titles? If seeking a title through a Bible College is vanity as you say, wouldn't the titles that you have also be vanity?

And you know what? You can, too! I am hereby establishing the unaccredited "College of Teh Interwebs", and by attesting that you agree with my opinion on all matters theological, I will bestow on you the honorary Doctoral degree from the "College of Teh Interwebs", which you can use to impress your friends and claim credibility in your arguments.

The difference between ATBC and your "school" would be people either do or have done something to earn the degree from ATBC.

Whether I do or not is completely irrelevant.

No, it is completely relevant. Jesus said to call no man father. Your priest has received a title that he has not earned, due to it being a title for God alone. You are misjudging another person, while your priest is actually guilty of what you judge.

Show how it is not.
edit on 26-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join