It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Arthur - Just a refresher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Port Arthur Massacre

There is reason to think the Port Arthur massacre was planned as early 1987 when, after a specially called Premier's meeting in Hobart in December 1987, the New South Wales Labour Premier, Mr. Barry Unsworth stated, "there would be no effective gun control in Australia until there was a massacre in Tasmania"

On Sunday, 28 April 1996, at a sleepy little tourist location known as Port Arthur, something went down that will long live in memory of Australia's collective psyche. An unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single shots to the head, fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

The awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on intellectually impaired Martin Bryant, who was held in illegal strict solitary confinement for more than 120 days, until he was "ready" to plead guilty. There was no trial. Within a matter of weeks legislation was passed to removed semi-automatic weapons from the Australian population and a gun buy-back proceeded. It is now illegal to own any semi-automatic gun in Australia.

The Port Arthur Massacre has come to be known in conspiracy circles as a "psyop". The definition of a psyop is a psychological operation or an event designed to drum up public support for some piece of legislation that would be otherwise be unpopular and probably be defeated.

It is one of the signs of a propaganda campaign when the media continuously plays up scenes that are designed to appeal to gut level instincts to soften people up for the solution to be offered.

The media were totally oriented around sensationalising the distress and trauma, played the scenes over and over, always cutting to updates on any developments and in effect the public were bombarded continuously day in and day out for weeks over the issue. At the same time a long list of facts or discrepancies were overlooked. Any calls for a royal commission fell on deaf ears, the media were later instructed not to talk about the subject anymore and the files have been closed for 30 years.

The Port Arthur massacre occurred on 28 April there was legislation prepared by mid May with plans for a national buyback of automatic and semi-automatic rifles.

Prior to 1996 Australia had huge number of sporting shooters traditionally used in time of war to both train and supplement our miniscule armed forces.
However, since the psyop at Port Arthur more than 400,000 reserve forearms have been pulped instead of stored by the Federal Government. - Joe Vialls

Let's not forget this act of terrorism on Australian soil back in April 1996.

More info here with reletively new information by a Dr Mullins:

members.iimetro.com.au...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There is ONE gun per three people REGISTERED in Tasmania.

They did start licencing people before 1996.

And in the last month here I think there have been 5 fatel shootings. Tassie has a population of just over 500,000.

Think about it and stop drawing attention to things that have no need for attention to be drawn to .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tassie is a violent place in general, guns or no guns, it's funny how many occurrences of violence don't get reported in the media, wouldn't want to ruin an ailing tourist image eh..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I'm living the dream down here mate.

it's just like any other place, we have our fair share of ferals. You just gotta know how to deal with them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Littlejohnny1

Port Aurthur was the final nail in the coffin, there were 6 mass shootings in the decade leading up to 1996.

Have you anything of your own to contribute to the thread? Since you've just copy and pasted your link word for word.

edit on 25/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

True mate, I'm born and raised taswegian lol, moving back next week. It's gonna be nice not to have to suffer the Qld airheads anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Have you anything of your own to contribute to the thread? Since you've just copy and pasted your link word for word.

Its a funny thing I've noticed about "conspiracy theorists". They take a subject thats been debated endlessly to death, for years on end, and out of the blue for no particular reason, start a completely brand new thread on it with no new information whatsoever.
You never see this from the "other" side.

Much like young earth creationists, its like they stumble across a website that they feel shows the "killer argument", and without doing a single shred of extra background research, rush to tell the world.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You could act with disdain about it, or inform the naive. Doing the latter increases the intelligence of the community. Doing the former will end up with debates, arguments and dejection to those who already dealing with self-esteem, come here and seek like-minded individuals.

I severely dislike the actions of many in this community, it's a bunch of intelligent informed people telling the uninformed how dumb they are without even a link to more information typed in with their negative reply.

Sad really, cause in the end it only serves the opposite of what we are trying to really do here.

Spread the truth, denying ignorance. Not forgetting about the truth and displaying disdain.

I found the OP informative but I don't see many facts that prove this one way or another. Just a few weird reactions to this.
edit on 25-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
You could act with disdain about it, or inform the naive.

I wasnt specifically referring to the topic of this thread, it was more of a general non-topic-specific musing about I've noticed over the years. So there wasnt a need to "inform" the poster about anything.

But if we want a reply to this thread, I suppose it would just be a combination of
"see previous discussions"
and
"exactly what is it about the usual rebuttal against your assertions that you find unsatisfactory?"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Port Arthur massacre is something we wish we could erase here and Joe Viallis was full of it. I have a greater sense of security for myself and my family here in Tasmania than I ever had living in a 'north island' capital city.

Anyway we have bigger issues going on right now like a perfect day, the Sydney-Hobart yacht race just started and of course the Boxing Day international test match is on (Sri Lanka 7/134
)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
The Port Arthur massacre is something we wish we could erase here and Joe Viallis was full of it. I have a greater sense of security for myself and my family here in Tasmania than I ever had living in a 'north island' capital city.

Anyway we have bigger issues going on right now like a perfect day, the Sydney-Hobart yacht race just started and of course the Boxing Day international test match is on (Sri Lanka 7/134
)

How about that catch by wade just now? Unreal

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hahha THIS is perfect !!

If a thread appears that mentions guns in the US, it inevitably devolves into an argument about their second amendment right to bare arms.

But a thread appears that mentions guns in Australia, and it has devolved into a discussion about cricket.

I would not live on another country on this planet for quids!!!!!

(also it was bound to happen, port Arthur being raised here as noisy as it was 1996.)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Don't you love that about the Aussies.

The level of apathy is amazing.

They'd rather be watching cricket or a yacht race for the jew boy millionaires before they take their collective heads out of the sand.

You can literally walk all over them and as long as they have a stubby in hand, a pie in the other & some form of mind numbing sport on the tele, it's all good.

They probably chose Port Arthur for this job as the Taswegians are mostly dumb, interbred weirdo's.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Littlejohnny1 because: Spelling

edit on 25-12-2012 by Littlejohnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well look how sick your thread has made you.

I think I'd rather watch the cricket than get sick by posting other peoples work about a sick little murderer named martin.

It's eating you up inside. All that stuff you imagine.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littlejohnny1

They'd rather be watching cricket or a yacht race for the jew boy millionaires before they take their collective heads out of the sand.

You can literally walk all over them and as long as they have a stubby in hand, a pie in the other & some form of mind numbing sport on the tele, it's all good.

They probably chose Port Arthur for this job as the Taswegians are mostly dumb, interbred weirdo's.

You mad, bro?

If you would like more whine I'm sure there are some good sales at the bottle shops today.

Or if you want more serious discussion go make another cookie cutter thread and spew more of rehashed info from google.

Or grab a beer, and watch some cricket.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Could you throw in any more xenophobic cliches into that dribble?

We, as a nation may be quite laid back and "apathetic" but as history has shown that when push comes to shove, we can be a driven, loyal and as ruthless any anybody else.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littlejohnny1

Best thing you could do is take your head out of your A**. Even when you do you are still gonna have to wash your face!

Your level of ignorance is amazing. You have no idea what you are talking about and until you get educated you will remain a pleb.

Do you even know what port arthur is about?

edit on 26-12-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

.It wasn't just Joe Vials speaking out on this.

Some were witnesses there on the day. Public, Police & ASIO Agents.

Another is a retired Victorian Police Detective who investigated thew whole Chriade - also the Victorian Special Operations Group (S.O.G) members who were there when called to back-up the Tasmanian Police. There are also audio recordings of gunfire while Martin Bryant was on the phone to Police and these have been proven to be genuine gun shots and not "coughs"

I personally know 2 of the S.O.G Members and they and (their whole team who were there) - tell a very different story than the media told the world. Their TRUE story is about how they were fired upon by a professional marksman/men using night vision equipment all while Martin Bryant was speaking to the Tasmanian Police.

Do you really think, that the Tasmanian Police needed the S.O.G from Victoria to take down, one Intellectually Disabled Martin Bryant?

I have worked with people with Intellectually Disabilities, Psychiatric Disorders, Autism, Asbergers Syndrome for nearly 10 years now. I can also tell you that the things that the police claim Martin Bryant did that day, especially the deadly accurate Marksmanship is just a FAIRYTALE!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyline74

Most of the shots were fired at close range.

Even blind people will hit something from 2ft range.

That being said, the whole thing certainly has a lot of unanswered and debatable conclusions

Lilke a lot of things, we will never actually know the full story.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Agreed, a lot of the shots at the Broad Arrow Cafe were at close range. I was just referring to the cafe witnesses who said that the gunman was firing from his hip and hitting 19 out of 20 people in the head.

It is possible I suppose, but when you have a small confined space and people screaming/moving ducking/running for their lives and trying to shield themselves, it makes the task of getting that many head shots a lot more difficult.

I grew up with guns and understand how they work etc...BUT I still believe to be that accurate while shooting from the hip, or even normally for that matter, in THAT environment would need outside professional weapons training.

I can't remember his name, but a ex- Australian special forces commander also commented on this as well regarding the accuracy of the shots and how hard it is to do
edit on 26/12/2012 by Skyline74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join