It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure anyone's mentioned yet that coming OFF of some of the medications abruptly or improperly can be even more harmful than being on them. One example is Xanax, which I've read stopping cold turkey can cause a psychotic break.

And again, how does it happen that so many are so over-medicated? .Ask the doctors. You know. The ones in bed with big pharma and the lawmakers.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I take low dose Xanax and a low dose of an older SSRNI called Trazodone daily. Even at low doses, if I have to skip a day or two ( for any variety or reasons ) I can physically feel it. It's not extreme, but it's very much like a nicotine fit ( for those familiar ) - tension, body aches, frustration.

Having said that, my doctor and I change my anxiety medication out every 6 months, or so. There are three different compounds we go back and forth with. That is a decision I actually made, to help minimize the risk of addiction.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I feel the bigger picture is that people like Lanza could have been on neurotropic meds as a developing teen. Thus altering his brain physiology to the point where actions like the one taken stemmed as a result of such compounds

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Again - this is tiresome. The Fox news article is dated 12/18. Fox news reported this erroneously. THEIR source is this newspaper. The story seems to be no longer extant on the source site. If it is, I cannot find it.

The police, in that case, are NOT releasing any information. That is why ATS is a madhouse of people accusing anyone and everyone of anything and everything - totally without any sourcing or reasonable cause to suspect.

Back on topic.

The reason why THIS thread is germane to the issue of mass violence is that there IS a solid record of SSRI's being an aspect of violent crime, including spree killing/suicides.

It's like we started a conversation about the entire Walton family and you keep screaming WHAT ABOUT JON BOY! EITHER THIS IS ALL JON BOY OR ALL NOTHING!

Now, please backtrace the Fox story to something tangible or quit sourcing it as gospel fact.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good, looong read.

Highly intelligible man You are heff.

star n flag... always!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Has anyone read/posted this yet? Sorry if so, it's hard for me to keep up these days.

Fact: At least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 109 wounded and 58 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs.)

Fact: Between 2004 and 2011, there have been over 11,000 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system of psychiatric drug side effects related to violence. These include 300 cases of homicide, nearly 3,000 cases of mania and over 7,000 cases of aggression. Note: By the FDA’s own admission, only 1-10% of side effects are ever reported to the FDA, so the actual number of side effects occurring are most certainly higher.

www.cchrint.org...

And there's mention of my other pet peeve, drugs for ADHD, which if many school systems here in Georgia had had their way, every 1st and 2nd grade boy would have been on when my son was in those grades in the late 90s. What have we done to a pretty large segment of an entire generation with that bit of lunacy?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Church of Scientology

Is that the source for this whole story?

www.cchrint.org...

How CCHR Was Established: CCHR was co-founded as an independent mental health watchdog in 1969 by the Church of Scientology and Professor of Psychiatry Emeritus Dr. Thomas Szasz at a time when patients were being warehoused in institutions, abused, stripped of their constitutional, civil and human rights, and left without recourse.

edit on 27-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Church of Scientology

Is that the source for this whole story?

Church of Scientology?
Okay?

edit on 12/27/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

If we are playing the blame game (which we most certainly are) then let us look at the bigger picture; how many people die each year from prescription/legal drugs?

10,000?

50,000?

100,000?

Think big.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I'm fully aware of what Scientology is. So are you saying that this information is not factual?

1. Huntsville, Alabama – February 5, 2010: 15-year-old Hammad Memon shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. Memon had a history for being treated for ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.” He had been seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist.

2. Kauhajoki, Finland – September 23, 2008: 22-year-old culinary student Matti Saari shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine. He was also seeing a psychologist.

3. Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. He had been seeing a psychiatrist.

4. Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.

5. Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.

6. Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself.

7. Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old Jon Romano strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. Romano had been taking “medication for depression”. He had previously seen a psychiatrist.

8. Wahluke, Washington – April 10, 2001: Sixteen-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.

9. El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. He had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

10. Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.

11. Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.

12. Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. Harris had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

13. Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.

14. Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 25. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. Kinkel had been attending “anger control classes” and was under the care of a psychologist.

www.cchrint.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Instead of just pissing on sources, maybe some research is in order?
Documents reveal Hammad Memon's father provided him medication
Steven Kazmierczak
Pekka-Eric Auvinen was on intidepressants at 16

Would be nice if they listed sources, make it a lot easier to verify.....

edit on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 01:10:31 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Years ago a doctor put me on antidepressants within 6 months I was borderline schizophrenic and I didn’t know what was going on because it takes weeks and months for it to change your brain chemistry so it was gradual. In my case I was misdiagnosed and when I was on the edge I went to another doctor who diagnosed me properly I have a semi rare disorder that can be affected severely by antidepressants.

It took me years to recover turns out I just needed a simple mineral which nowadays I don’t even need.

Misdiagnosis coupled with improper medication can be deadly for you and those around you.

Fact is when you are first put on or are taken off that kind of stuff it is the most dangerous time for a person. Messing with a person’s brain chemistry is done far too often in many cases without a second thought.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join