It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In researching a follow up posting I came across something I find odd. While I do spend a fair amount of time on some government sites, this one isn't one of the ones I am familiar with navigating. But I found what seems to be a rather suspicious looking informational dead-end.

While searching "SSRI violence study" I found myself at Clinicaltrials.gov - where I then saw the following:

An apparent nine year study, that states it is completed, with a identification number ( NCT00011765 ) - that apparently stops right there. I can't find any published findings, results, follow up links ( there are links, they go in circles. )

Anyone out there familiar with the protocols of this site? Or the process? Is this normal for these trials. To end without links to results?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Interesting, do we have any evidence of public crimes that have taken place while the killer was on Prozac? I'm not familiar with any.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SPayne

It's about meds and violence in everyplace except CT, as indicated by the word "Newtown" showing up several times in the op's initial statement. Duh.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The OP included an entire site devoted to that subject that contains over 4,800 media cited examples. That's a start.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

The word "Newtown" is in the OP ONE time, and only in the title of an external article I quoted. This thread is a general discussion about the correlation between psychotic breaks and SSRI's. Not a specific singular event.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
so what lead to so many being put on these meds??

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No, drawing the same dead ends as you. Doesn't seem right unless we are using the source website incorrectly.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

In short: mental health was monetized.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jasonl1983

The word "Newtown" is in the OP ONE time, and only in the title of an external article I quoted. This thread is a general discussion about the correlation between psychotic breaks and SSRI's. Not a specific singular event.

Hate to split hairs, but it appears twice as many times as you just stated.

Newtown Shootings: A Caution About Violence and SSRIs SSRIs rank high in the top ten drugs that cause violence As the debate moves forward about how to keep events like the shooting in Newtown from happening, the inevitable topic that comes up is how to best detect and treat young people with mental illness.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hate to get between the spat about symantics, but felt perhaps an adult in the room could offer some perspective for those who choose to attack the thinker instead of the thought.

First...arguing the symantics of a catchy title or complaining about it smells like diversion to me. Its a smoking gun to Heffacide...your opinions are just that and frankly, your opinion is in the minority.

It does not matter if Lanza was on meds or not, are you kidding me?? Do you think that the masses of retards even know about a retraction of a story?? Do you think they'd even care if they did??

The seeds have already been planted by those in power. Now...they will sit back and watch the sheep make that seed grow. Big pharma could definitely play a part in this. Its as viable a thoery as any, and if you follow the cash, im sure it could lead there.

You cannot disprove the OP in any way. Sometimes scientist disagree on things. Sometimes reports get mixed up. But until you can go into the Lanza medicine cabinet and prove otherwise, the assumption is that he was on meds.

You could even make an argument that to release any medical information at all would violate HIPPA laws so we may never actually know anything. The post has good info...perhaps you could make one of your own some day before you disrespect anothers?
edit on 26-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Some humans value money and material more than they value the freedom afforded by a healthy body, and more than they care for the future of the Earth.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Convenience.

People go through hard times or feel bad. Obviously life is tough and people want something to make them feel better asap... they seek help..they go to the doctors for a lack of not knowing what else they can do at such times.

There is a staggering amount of people being put on these medications because they are "feeling bad or going through a hard times" at which they are just thrown anti-psychotic meds for a quick fix.

The doctors who prescribe these meds are often irresponsibly prescribing them left and right, often to individuals who do not have medically proven mental disorders, but rather rely on what the patient is describing to them how they feel. This can be catastrophic when so many go to the docs on a bad day, or bad week claiming to be depressed or anxious etc. Do you see what I am getting at?

The doctors are blowing 'normal human emotions' out of proportion and putting them in a category that labels them as forms of mental disorders.

I want to add that some may actually need, and truly benefit from these kinds of meds, but the ratio of those who need them to fix an actual brain imbalances, compared to those who are taking them without just and proven medical causes is staggering.

edit on 26-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I would think about editing out that article that mentions the Connecticut shooting. It was written by a guy you could call questionable considering he wrote a book Factual Fictions The Origins of the English Novel,
www.upenn.edu...

And he seems to be a Professor of English and only goes into the studies of mental health and learning disabilities.
www.biocultures.org...

He has no pharmaceutical back ground that I can find.The rest of the people at this Think Tank he works at go into women issues, cultural issues, social issues.I am not sure where he gets the expertise to comment?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thread's gotten big! So forgive if this has been discussed, but do any detractors have any journal article links that would illustrate that there are no long term side effects relating to behavior and neurotropic compounds?

I've googled, and can't find any.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

To add to what a couple of previous replies have stated. The DSM was recently updated and reports are saying that now things like post-relationship break-up depression, job stress, arguing at home, etc are valid reasons to medicate people.

The reality, however, from my POV is that it's really been that way for years. For example, I am phobic of flying, but used to have to do so for work at least 2-3 times per year. When I say phobic, I mean phobic - like full on panic attack, tackle passengers and stewardesses to get off of the plane - can't exhale for five hours phobic.

My doctor never had an issue with writing me a prescription for Valium to counter this. In fact I'd really only need 2 pills ( one for each flight, away and back ) but he'd write the prescription for 10 to 20, without a second question. He also put me on an earlier type of antidepressant simply because I mentioned some issues my ex wife and I were having and that she was really getting on my nerves.

Anyway... a world with 24 hour access to news ( which is almost always bad in nature. They don't cover cookie sales and the like. Just wars, murders, scandals... ), a bad economy, where just about everyone is struggling - or having to adapt to a new lifestyle - even the previously wealthy, add a pinch of class warfare ( the current hyperbolic political atmosphere in many western nations ) and you've got a recipe for a LOT of people who are so stressed, exhausted, and overburdened that they will happily and gladly take a happy pill.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Thread's gotten big! So forgive if this has been discussed, but do any detractors have any journal article links that would illustrate that there are no long term side effects relating to behavior and neurotropic compounds?

I've googled, and can't find any.

The first SSRI was approved by the FDA in 1998.
It's only been 24 years since the first SSRI was produced for circulation in the US.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Thanks. I was talking more along the lines of MAO inhibitors. Those used to treat behavior deficit conditions.

(an early precursor to todays neurotropics)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join