It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Guns and bad mental health aren't a good mix.

How about, get rid of the guns and work on the latter? Just a fantasy.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
so how did this turn into an adam lanza thread??

THIS is how: (from the OP):

I am talking about SSRI's. Street name, Paxil, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Zoloft, and Prozac.... among many others.

THIS, people, is the connecting thread. I have evidence to support my claim.

Newtown Shootings: A Caution About Violence and SSRIs
SSRIs rank high in the top ten drugs that cause violence

As the debate moves forward about how to keep events like the shooting in Newtown from happening, the inevitable topic that comes up is how to best detect and treat young people with mental illness.

Many of our politicians have opined on this subject, sometimes as a way of deflecting from the issue of gun control. While it is obvious that better screening and treatment of troubled adolescents can be of enormous benefit, we also have to exercise caution.

But more relevant to the discussion, is that these very drugs we hope can treat mental illness are at the same time drugs that cause violent behavior including suicide and aggression toward others. In fact, SSRI’s are the leading drugs in a recent list compiled of the Top Ten Drugs that cause violent behavior.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

It didn't. There was just a slight misunderstanding

ETA
No pun intended but, go back and recap the OP...it's all there. Not one direct mention of Adam Lanza by Heff.
edit on 12/26/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

This thread is NOT about Sandy Hook, the Lanzas, gun control, other members or any other off topic material.
From here on out, ANY posts about them will be removed.
Any pattern of these posts may result in Posting Bans.

Please read this message from Skeptic Overlord.
It applies to the entire of ATS.

You are responsible for your own posts.

and finally
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

This thread will reopen shortly.....

edit on Wed Dec 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Dec 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

Okay...and this is the only warning this thread will get.....

edit on Wed Dec 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Although your post is true and on point, I think you may have scared away any future posters.

Oh well, I'm still here, ready and open to further discussion as I feel the OP has serious meaning

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Following on from the information provided at the beginning of this thread, I took a tour round Google to see what else is out there. I came across a term now being used to define the rare, but extreme violent side effects attributed to the use of psychiatric drugs: homicidal akathisia—'akathisia is a medical term describing a condition of motor restlessness, marked by anxiety, agitation, jitteriness, or the sensation of "jumping out of one's skin" and the inability to sit quietly or sleep.’

Some very noteworthy research is emerging and the following raises more questions than answers.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Great point as I personally feel it adds credence to Heff's point:

For two decades, medical professionals, the public, and public health policy officials who determine the allocation of public funds for healthcare, have been misled about the safety and benefits of psychiatric drugs--in particular, the newer, expensive drugs, the so-called SSRI antidepressants, and the new neuroleptics, marketed as 'atypical antipsychotics'.

AHRP

ETA
This is one of the things I think Heff is/was pointing too...Oh, how I couldn't agree more...seriously this really needs to be looked into. Not to mention all the 80's and 90's ADD kids that were put on Ritalin:

Ritalin
More Info On Ritalin

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!

This thread is NOT about Sandy Hook, the Lanzas, gun control, other members or any other off topic material.

In this spirit, can we get a quick clarification of what the "smoking gun" is about, what the "real story" as promised by the OP is actually about? I'm seriously, honestly, sincerely confused as to what murders or acts of mass violence the OP is talking about and referring to, if not *those* other murders.

For instance, I'm confused by this part of the OP:

Like many of you, I am on the verge of total exhaustion regarding the subject of spree killers. Three such events, in such a short time is more than a mind or a heart can really keep up with. People are, quite understandably, emotional over the stress.

Having said that? Now it seems people are trying to find a scapegoat to sacrifice - or are personalizing these events into some belief that this is all a false flag to take away the Second Amendment.

Meanwhile we seem to be ignoring the HUGE elephant in the room with us.

There is a common denominator to be found. One that doesn't involve any of the agendas being pushed lately. It is something much more simple, and sinister than any of the theories that are currently causing so much bitter dispute on the boards.

Can we clarify what these three recent killings the OP is talking about, so we can be on the same page when we're debating about whether those killers were on drugs or not? Kind of unfair to say that we're talking about the three most recent shooting sprees, but then say Newtown was NOT among those three, but then quote an article in the OP about "Newtown shootings and SSRIs".

Hence the confusion.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We have this:

Originally posted by Hefficide

As the debate moves forward about how to keep events like the shooting in Newtown from happening, the inevitable topic that comes up is how to best detect and treat young people with mental illness.

Now this:

This thread is NOT about Sandy Hook

Will you kindly tell us what it is about, then? Are you refuting the op?

edit on 26-12-2012 by jasonl1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

So what is the topic of the thread then?

We can not even talk about the very subjects the op is clearly referrng to in his OP?

So I can't for instance quote these parts of the OP even though the OP is talking about them himself?

Can you tell me what we can talk about then?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Absolutely agree and think what the OP posits is putting the situation regarding SSRIs into a real perspective.

From the link in my previous post: ’Two other recently published studies, one in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), the other in the Journal of the American Medical Association, also challenge the validity of psychiatry's prescribing practices whose rationale is mostly commercially propagated.’

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

From the link in my previous post: ’Two other recently published studies, one in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), the other in the Journal of the American Medical Association, also challenge the validity of psychiatry's prescribing practices whose rationale is mostly commercially propagated.’

LULZ, I love it when I see the "professionals" use these terms that are equivalent to calling someone a "paid shill".
All in your perspective, I guess.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SPayne

From the OP:

I am talking about big pharma and their profit generating chemical, spun off dozens of times into new variants. A drug that, for some, is a miracle product - but for others is enough to turn mild psychiatric symptoms into fully blown psychotic breaks.

I am talking about SSRI's. Street name, Paxil, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Zoloft, and Prozac.... among many others.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by LarryLove

LULZ, I love it when I see the "professionals" use these terms that are equivalent to calling someone a "paid shill".
All in your perspective, I guess.

No pun intended...maybe it's all in "your personal perspective". That's not a pointed fault by any mean, just another peak into the mind of an ATS'r...being you

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by SPayne

From the OP:

I am talking about big pharma and their profit generating chemical, spun off dozens of times into new variants. A drug that, for some, is a miracle product - but for others is enough to turn mild psychiatric symptoms into fully blown psychotic breaks.

Yeah, only you leave out the very next part of that post:

So, again, how is this post about anything, then, if not Newtown? I see no other murders or shooting sprees referred to specifically, only Newtown. So how are we not allowed to mention what the OP did in his very first post?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
so how did this turn into an adam lanza thread??

Was thinking the same thing. People aren't focusing on the big picture here...blinders are apparently on many....

** big pharm's psychotic meds are not just becoming a problem due to 'recent events' it is a dangerous, wide-spread problem that affects your every day people anywhere who often experience violent episodes because of them. We also still do not know enough about them to know what long-term affects they might have on the mind and body, and this is the big picture here guys...**
edit on 26-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join