It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For A Great Year ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As I sit here typing this on the close of Christmas Day, the rain outside is pouring down. It's a bit cool at 52 deg F. There are snow storms elsewhere and we have tornado warnings out.

There's a thread about that on here of course!

This has been one wild year for me on here. Everyday I could come to ATS and find something to read that piqued my interest, or found someone asking questions I had the knowledge to answer.

We had a count down going all year to 21 December, with of course LOTS of doomsday discussions ranging from Pole Shifts to Rogue Planets/Brown Dwarfs. Members trying to make stars move in ways that they don't move, earthquakes (both real and predicted), volcanoes (both real and predicted).
A lot of "Becoming Enlightened" or "Waking Up" threads too that were less about Doomsday and more about the world changing.

I got to argue with Moon Landing Hoaxers, Chem Trail Believers. Those are mostly fruitless as you'll never change their minds, but it can still be fun to argue with them, and besides, it is interesting to me to read what their thoughts and point of view is.

We had LOTS of presidential election threads on here. Some very HEATED discussions in that area. I tried to stay away from those, but I will admit breaking out the popcorn and reading the threads.

I found a lot of entertainment here at ATS over the past year. Things that made me laugh or chuckle. Things that made me go "Hmmmmmm......", Things that shocked me,and things that educated me too.

I've made some friends, got to know some people on here. Not sure if I made any enemies, but I'm sure being the skeptic I am I most likely annoyed some people, and maybe even made some people PO'ed. If so, sorry about that, just take it with a grain of salt and move on.

Overall though, I really enjoyed being on ATS this past year, and I'm really looking forward to this next year (especially since the world didn't end......again.......hehhehehehe).

So thanks ATS. I've really enjoyed it!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I concur < raises glass > Much thanks ATS'ers(and Mods)

I think it was a peak year for ATS relative subject matters, and yea I did me some popcorn eatin' thread reading too!
Thanks for the kind gesture neighbor and you're not so awful erik.

Peace,
spec
edit on 25-12-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Absolutely agree,eric.

I would be lost without my ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ATS is the bomb! What a great place to come to. So many interesting people, so much wit and wisdom in one place. Everyday someone shows how much heart there is here. We inform, amuse and reach out to one another. I am addicted. I wake up in the morning and the first thing i want to do is come here.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks for a great year ATS.

And thanks for all the great posts, threads and investigative work from my fellow members also. This place is great, and It's great because we make it so together as a team.

Edit to add: I just realized It's also my third year here today.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well then Happy Third ATS Birthday to you! I always enjoy reading your threads, so thanks for all the hard work, it is much appreciated.

I also really enjoyed ATS this year, as there were many interesting topics and stories. What I like the most is being able to learn about subjects that interest me, along with being able to see different ideas and theories, all in the same place.

ATS is like a giant think tank, and there in no where else online where there are so many intelligent people who will share their knowledge and opinions. ATS is one of a kind, and I am very glad that I found this place!

new topics

top topics

join