Violence with Guns - Violence without Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

What you addressed also came up in another thread, so I figured I may as well cross post what I did in the other. In any case, you didn't really think millions of Jews merrily went on their way into a gas chamber did you? Certainly in many circumstances they were tricked into their ultimate fate, but rumours are quite hard to suppress over time, and certainly harder when such an atrocity is being committed.

The Nazis were not only superior fighters, they were also great propagandist, and went out of their way to deceive the Jews1. As the Jews were forced to board cramped cattle cars they were lead to believe they were being relocated to better living conditions. Thousands of Jews undressed and entered the gas chambers believing they were entering showers or disinfectant rooms.

The secret couldn't be kept forever and in the later years word of the genocide started getting around. "Rumors" began to spread that the trains were actually "relocating" people to their death, and that the work in "work camps" consisted of exterminating people and disposing of their bodies.

At this point armed and organized resistance didnt seem plausible. The remaining Jews were weak, dispersed, confined, unarmed and facing the experienced Nazi war-machine. They feared any attempt at organized resistance would be ineffective, and worse, it would only bring a stronger backlash, enraging the Nazis and causing them to kill, torture and maim even more Jews. (Which is what always happened after failed uprising attempts).

www.askmoses.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join