It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth: Am I going crazy or is there some freaky stuff out in the desert???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Based on the Roadrunner I talked to, "Have Glib" is definitely radar related. But that could mean a few things. [Our planes on their radar, or our radar warning receivers sniffing their radar.] Incidentally, I never knew about Glib Road being near the radar sites.

Here is something else to ponder. Site-4 at the TTR. Could "Have Glib" have three sites at Groom Lake and the area south of the TTR is the fourth site?

This is the current CIA Crest search results for "Have Glib". Where I have the document, I put my links.

HAVE GLIB MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT ESDN: CIA-RDP75B00326R000300130005-4 Pages: 3 Orig Class: T Doc Type: MF Decision: RIP Collection: 2004 CREST Documents - General CIA Records.txt
Date: 12/14/1973
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

HAVE GLIB HOST TENANT AGREEMENT UPDATE ESDN: CIA-RDP75B00326R000300130014-4 Pages: 2 Orig Class: S Doc Type: CABLE Decision: RIP Collection: 2003 CREST Documents - General CIA Records.txt
Date: 8/21/1973
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

HAVE GLIB HOST TENANT AGREEMENT UPDATE ESDN: CIA-RDP75B00326R000300130015-3 Pages: 1 Orig Class: S Doc Type: CABLE Decision: RIP Collection: 2003 CREST Documents - General CIA Records.txt
Date: 8/19/1973
www.lazygranch.com...

UTILIZATION OF OTTER ACFT FOR HAVE GLIB AND OTHER TENANT AIRLIFT SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS ESDN: CIA-RDP75B00326R000100110006-7 Pages: 3 Orig Class: S Doc Type: CABLE Decision: RIP Collection: 2002 CREST Documents - General CIA Records.txt
Date: 12/5/1972

HAVE GLIB SUPPORT AGREEMENT ESDN: CIA-RDP75B00326R000300130027-0 Pages: 1 Orig Class: S Doc Type: CABLE Decision: RIP Collection: 2003 CREST Documents - General CIA Records.txt Date: 11/1/1972
www.lazygranch.com...

So it appears I don't have the document CIA-RDP75B00326R000100110006-7. The index was done by OCR and not very accurate. I'll FOIA the missing document. [It is so stupid that these documents are already scanned and sitting on an "air gaped" server at NARA.]

"Have Idea", "Have Drill" and "Have Ferry" are not getting any relevant CREST hits.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but the concrete strip and pad, that skirts the old center taxiway, is/was not a compass rose, nor was it used to dump A12/SR71 fuel as it leaked. Which by the way, was NEVER a 'problem'.. In fact, it was a hyper-critical design feature/function of the A12/SR71. The majority of component parts on the Blackbird airframe fit very loosely together to allow for expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground with fuel aboard, fuel leaks out constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at operating temperatures. Plus, JP7 does not stain concrete or asphalt, not visibily at least. However, it does produce a slightly oily surface, but exposed to direct sunlight all day in the Nevada desert, it will eventually evaporate fully from the pad surface.

This area is actually used for the paint striping and paving equipment, for cleaning, aligning, and maintenance of the machines before, during, and after a taxiway/runway/ramp/pad re-striping/paving/etc.

Observe:

edit on 12/28/2012 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Since the 'Freedom of Information Act" allows and since my "nothing to sneeze at" clearance has expired in 2006...I can now safely say that Groom Lake is nothing more than a supply outpost for Nellis and 29 Palms ,respectfully...there is nothing going on there that would raise any effin eyebrows...I've been there more that I care to remember...it's effin boring...every time someone sees a little thing on Google by Groom lake...they flip out and assume that some top secret alien hootenanny is taking place...if there was really some secret # going down at Groom Lake...you would not be able to see it on Google Maps...the fact that Groom Lake is even visible should tell you that there is nothing exciting going on there...BTW...we think it's hilarious that civilians and even some military members go to such great lengths to "uncover" some kind of secret...It's a military installation...just like any other military installation...therefore, sneaking around it's perimeter and taking photos is illegal, and you will face some kind of action....just like you would at any other military installation.

Do you people really think that "Area 51" would be guarded by Corporals and PFC's when there is "so many secrets" and "Alien Technology" supposedly present.

I was a "special" procurement Supply Gal when I was in the Corps...I supplied Special ops and other small teams...yes, Seal team six as well as other seal teams were my responsibility, and sometimes we needed things ASAP and the closest place was Groom Lake...

Groom Lake may have hosted some secrets in the past...but that's about the extent of it...nothing to tell, nothing to see...except some very bored 3043's (supply guys).

lol.

What you're really looking for is in Utah...and I'm not telling you anything else...and let me tell you...it's not guarded by any PFC's...more like Xi and Blackwater types.

Quit wasting your time at Groom Lake...don't you understand that the Govt. wants you to believe that there is something there? That way...you don't go poking your nose into Utah.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

The concrete pad next to the old South Taxiway at Area 51 most certainly was the Compass Rose. According to documents acquired by Glenn Campbell in the mid 1990s, The Explosive Storage Igloo (Building 738) is located south of the Compass Rose on the South Taxiway. Building 738 is easily identifiable on maps and satellite images, and can be clearly seen just south and a little east of that concrete pad. It's the building surrounded by the kind of berms that surround storage sites for explosives and rocket propellants.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Thank you, AFewGoodWomen, for your startlingly ignorant post. While it is true that Area 51 was never used for anything related to extraterrestrials or UFOs, it is hardly just a supply depot. It is the site of an active Test Wing engaged in numerous highly classified, Presidentially directed flight test programs. These include technology demonstrations, experimental and developmental flight-testing of manned and unmanned vehicles, low observables verification for operational systems, and exploitation of foreign military hardware. This is not speculation, it is documented fact backed up with testimony from people who have actually worked there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk

Thank you, AFewGoodWomen, for your startlingly ignorant post. While it is true that Area 51 was never used for anything related to extraterrestrials or UFOs, it is hardly just a supply depot. It is the site of an active Test Wing engaged in numerous highly classified, Presidentially directed flight test programs. These include technology demonstrations, experimental and developmental flight-testing of manned and unmanned vehicles, low observables verification for operational systems, and exploitation of foreign military hardware. This is not speculation, it is documented fact backed up with testimony from people who have actually worked there.

You're quite welcome for my ignorant post...you clearly made my point for me...documented fact is not secret...since I have been there, let me reiterate for you that if there were any secrets, they wouldn't be on this forum...it is a supply post , a supply post for "undisclosed" and "rapid" deployments..and any research being done there is completely out in the open...which is why you can actually see Area 51 on google earth...do me a favor and try looking at Camp Pendleton or Camp Lejuene and tell me what you can see...I'll bet nothing...because it's blurred, for a reason, so are many National labs and even some corporate headquarters that deal with Govt. Contracts...so, pray tell, what more can you know than I myself actually knows?.someone who has actually been there on numerous occasions and has had clearance higher that I can even admit...I'd like to see your testimony...what I'd really like to see is the orders commanding them to report to this "Base"...unless you're talking about civilian workers...whom I never believe anyway...Does the name Bob Lazar ring a bell?..never effin worked there...this is all a ruse...misdirection...and disinformation...hunt on if you will, you're not gonna find anything...not there anyway. Amusing...to say the least. We always got a chuckle from guys like you.

All of your test flight programs happen everywhere around the country...they hide this # in plain sight...usually little municipal airports...

If area 51 was ever a secret...that secret ended after the cold war...the secrets you wish were there just aren't...the only secrets there are staging areas for special ops teams...and it's only gear...we just wouldn't want that info passed on in order not to jeopardize any missions..where do you think Seal Team Six gets their gear...from people like me...and sometimes they need gear that isn't a part of the US inventory...therefore a place like Groom Lake exists to hold all of these items that aren't in our inventory....

Meh...believe what you want...I'm not going to stand in your way.

Oh...and your drones (uav's) were developed at Lejuene over 20 yrs ago...I know this because my unit was right next door to the UAV unit while I was at Lejuene...boy did they have a fun time at work. The drones you see today are no more advanced than those I saw way back when...but then again...what the hell do I know? Just fancy RC planes...nothing more, nothing less...people have ways of sensationalizing things.
edit on 28-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: So there...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
Sorry, but the concrete strip and pad, that skirts the old center taxiway, is/was not a compass rose, nor was it used to dump A12/SR71 fuel as it leaked. Which by the way, was NEVER a 'problem'.. In fact, it was a hyper-critical design feature/function of the A12/SR71. The majority of component parts on the Blackbird airframe fit very loosely together to allow for expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground with fuel aboard, fuel leaks out constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at operating temperatures. Plus, JP7 does not stain concrete or asphalt, not visibily at least. However, it does produce a slightly oily surface, but exposed to direct sunlight all day in the Nevada desert, it will eventually evaporate fully from the pad surface.

This area is actually used for the paint striping and paving equipment, for cleaning, aligning, and maintenance of the machines before, during, and after a taxiway/runway/ramp/pad re-striping/paving/etc.

Observe:

edit on 12/28/2012 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

BearMat (kinda like hazmat) is not going to let any kind of fuel leak in the desert...not going to happen, We spilled one gallon of gasoline one time and we had to dig up a 50 gal. barrell worth of sand...you're post makes sense to me and I stand by it...people will believe what they want...those runways are older than dirt...they use the runways at 29 palms...but...what do we know? I only worked there...but apparently, I don't know jack.

edit on 28-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: Misprint

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Where oh where do I start? It isn't Xi, it is Xe. When you get right down to it, Blackwater begat Xe begat Academi.

Devgru not Seal Team Six.

Getting on 29 Stumps or Pendleton isn't too hard. No need to blur GE, but if you post coordinates, I will take a look. Getting on Groom Lake is another story.

Photographing military installations from outside the fence is not a crime.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Regarding toxics at Groom Lake, the attitude was "we don't need no stinkin' badges." Turley's legal work changed that, but if the area is A-12 related, that would be during the "no stinkin' badges" era.

The SR-71 leak was a big deal for me. On the last day it was schedule to fly at EDW, it was cancelled due to a leak. I missed the flight on the previous day.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Where oh where do I start? It isn't Xi, it is Xe. When you get right down to it, Blackwater begat Xe begat Academi.

Devgru not Seal Team Six.

Getting on 29 Stumps or Pendleton isn't too hard. No need to blur GE, but if you post coordinates, I will take a look. Getting on Groom Lake is another story.

Photographing military installations from outside the fence is not a crime.

Actually, SPMAGTF...JTF's as well as Devgru and other small deployments...my unit got it's requisitions from the pentagon , white house or a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff directly.. most military perimeters have signs posting that photographs are not permitted...this is true of places like Grumman and Boeing as well...but really...it's up to security on any given day...if they feel like effin with you, they will. GE here in Wilmington, NC is the only place on the planet that has the laser enrichment program and guys from Academi (Xe, excuse my typo) are armed and guard this place...with loaded M16's...not sure if it is still visible on Google Earth since this program has been publicly disclosed...you can't take pictures of this place either...and they don't effin play...my old MOS has given me access to things that aren't necessarily on the public's radar...I understand that Pendleton is visible...but the picture showed on Google earth is manipulated...as is Camp Lejuene, Sunny Point...and even defunct Camp Davis...however...Groom Lake is displayed in all it's non-glory...why is that?

I am aware that Blackwater begat Xe, who begat Academi, who slept with Wackenhut...lol
edit on 28-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Security screws with me often enough. I tell them I can use the lawsuit. I had General Atomics try to BS me that they will call the sheriff to arrest me for taking photographs. I photographed them (security) for good measure. I waited a good hour for the sheriff, but it got too dark to shoot.

These photography prohibition signs are meaningless.

I say again, give me specifics where the Google photos are doctored.

See if you can get that shift key fixed. A little punctuation skill might convince me you aren't a pimple faced teenage boy.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Security screws with me often enough. I tell them I can use the lawsuit. I had General Atomics try to BS me that they will call the sheriff to arrest me for taking photographs. I photographed them (security) for good measure. I waited a good hour for the sheriff, but it got too dark to shoot.

These photography prohibition signs are meaningless.

I say again, give me specifics where the Google photos are doctored.

See if you can get that shift key fixed. A little punctuation skill might convince me you aren't a pimple faced teenage boy.

Piimply faced teenaged boy I am definitely not...I do have to ask however...why you feel that you must push the envelope by taking pictures of things that could land you in trouble...is it just rebellion, or are you attempting to sell state secrets...I have to ask...!?*&^%$#...there's your punctuation.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I have to ask...!?*&^%$#...there's your punctuation.

That would be "There's your punctuation." Still not convinced.

What good are rights if you don't exercise them? Give the corporations some complication.

However the real problem is your comments about Groom Lake are just so far from reality.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
What you're really looking for is in Utah...and I'm not telling you anything else...and let me tell you...it's not guarded by any PFC's...more like Xi and Blackwater types. Quit wasting your time at Groom Lake...don't you understand that the Govt. wants you to believe that there is something there? That way...you don't go poking your nose into Utah.

Well, that points to either UTTR and/or Dugway/Michael AAF. Perhaps Hill AFB as well? Give us a hint?

While I don't doubt your credentials, I've always been told that the black programs were and are compartmentalized, need-to-know basis. Yet you seem to speak with authority about things that weren't in your perview? Please understand, ATS has had a plethora of phonies and frauds (please do not mention Lazar again...) so you have to understand the skepticism.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
What you're really looking for is in Utah...and I'm not telling you anything else...and let me tell you...it's not guarded by any PFC's...more like Xi and Blackwater types. Quit wasting your time at Groom Lake...don't you understand that the Govt. wants you to believe that there is something there? That way...you don't go poking your nose into Utah.

Well, that points to either UTTR and/or Dugway/Michael AAF. Perhaps Hill AFB as well? Give us a hint?

While I don't doubt your credentials, I've always been told that the black programs were and are compartmentalized, need-to-know basis. Yet you seem to speak with authority about things that weren't in your purview? Please understand, ATS has had a plethora of phonies and frauds (please do not mention Lazar again...) so you have to understand the skepticism.

My only point in mentioning Bob Lazar was that he was a fraud...and every other person who claimed to have worked there...as a civilian...have been proven as frauds. My knowledge of things is purely circumstantial...and yes, I did have "need to know" clearance...these units were my accounts, of course. As far as the installation in Utah...I don't have any idea where it is...no one on my level does, I just know that it exists, probably under DHS property...all I know is that I wouldn't poke around. I am glad that I don't have to have my phones tapped anymore and I'm not looking for it to start again. My clearance went inactive in 2006...ten years after my discharge, the only way I can mention anything I have so far is because of the Freedom of Information act...I still can't talk about certain accounts I provided for, but why would I want to rock that boat anyway?

All I'm offering is my account of things I've seen that I can talk about now...and I'm towing the line with that. Take what you want from it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I have to ask...!?*&^%$#...there's your punctuation.

That would be "There's your punctuation." Still not convinced.

What good are rights if you don't exercise them? Give the corporations some complication.

However the real problem is your comments about Groom Lake are just so far from reality

Did you mean: "However, the real problem is that your comments about Groom Lake are just so far from reality." ?

Two can play "The Grammar Nazi" game.

People's expectations of what's at Groom Lake is far from reality...seriously. Geez, it's amazing what the human mind can conjure up about a place they're not allowed access to.

I don't see how my grammar has anything to do with my account of things. I didn't claim to be an English teacher. If my grammar use and punctuation is the only problem that you have with my posts...you need to find a better angle for your debate. It's a moot point, but what would I know since my 8th grade level use of grammar disproves everything I posted...not!.,"":;

The real secrets this Govt. holds isn't on any base anyway...it's mucked up in Govt. contracts with Halliburton subsidiaries...corporate entities that wrap state secrets inside of trade secrets.
BTW, it's people like you that end up getting our rights taken away and the reason why authorities try their hardest to keep things under wraps...thanks for supporting your country by trying to expose it's secrets.

Loose lips sink ships. Things are secret for a reason. It's like you're telling the Birthday Boy about his surprise party. Spoiler.

edit on 29-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: and furthermore...

edit on 29-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: Just cause

edit on 29-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: I hope I pass the English final...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here we go again. Think coming from the same person that said the F-35 was being flown out of North Carolina for a couple years now. I would like to see this proof you have that you've been to area 51. Ive been there and the only proof I have are a few pictures of groom from the air and on final approach, which have been posted on this site already. I would even say thats not enough evidence of being at the base so I don't worry about it.

Nothing going on at groom? So where are all the advanced aircrafts are being developed come from? Kinda strange that our refueling tracks parallel "the box" (if you know what that even means). Your not going to convince anyone on this site that you've been there without proof. And by the way any orders for personnel to report to groom do not say area 51, groom lake, or anything like that. What did your reporting orders say?

BTW, me and zaphod are still waiting for the pictures of F-35s flying out of a low security airport in NC. So postage you got 50 feet awarding one.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Yeah, some people don't think about ground support issues before claiming plane X is based at location Y.

I've wondered how the Marines use McCarran during Red Flag. Do they set up ground support at some FBO? Granted the F-18 is an established production item, but I don't think a pilot would just gas and go one going into combat, which is essentially what happens during Red Flag.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135
And finally, what the hell is this thing? Cause I’ve given up trying to find out…

I think I may know...

Wullenweber Antenna Array

The Wullenweber (the original name introduced by Dr. Hans Rindfleisch was Wullenwever) is a type of Circularly Disposed Antenna Array (CDAA) sometimes referred to as a Circularly Disposed Dipole Array (CDDA). It is a large circular antenna array used for radio direction finding.

It was used by the military to triangulate radio signals for radio navigation, intelligence gathering and search and rescue. Because its huge circular reflecting screen looks like a circular fence, the antenna has been colloquially referred to as the elephant cage.

The term wullenwever was the World War II German cover term used to identify their secret CDAA research and development program; its name is unrelated to any person involved in the program.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My question is, if Groom Lake is inactive and just a supply base, why did they build a huge new hangar there just a couple of years ago? And have more upgrades going on. You don't build a hangar that big just for supplies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join