It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every school... or does he? FOX at it again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Article Here.

I found an odd article over on Fox News.

The headline is misleading, as the story is rather... off topic.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," he said.

At least we know where he stands on that aspect...

And he adds...

"Do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, surveillance cameras, metal detectors, X-ray scanners and warrantless physical searches? We see this culture in our airports: witness the shabby spectacle of once proud, happy Americans shuffling through long lines while uniformed TSA agents bark orders. This is the world of government provided 'security,' a world far too many Americans now seem to accept or even endorse," Paul said.

Again, nothing about the NRA or guns...

The closest he comes to addressing the NRA or their plan is,

"The political right, unfortunately, has fallen into the same trap in its calls for quick legislative solutions to gun violence. If only we put armed police or armed teachers in schools, we're told, would-be school shooters will be dissuaded or stopped."

He is speaking on the act of rushing through legislation, not saying it's a bad practice. What he doesn't want is...

"School shootings, no matter how horrific, do not justify creating an Orwellian surveillance state in America," Paul said in a written statement.

He believes this shouldn't be solved by making ANY new laws.

This is how he finishes his written statement,

He continued: "I don't agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets."

I am sorry to post so many quotes from Mr. Paul in my thread, but I feel it needs to come from his own words, due to the topic at hand. Without using his quotes, it would just get pushed out of perspective again.

Oh and before I forget...

Merry Christmas ATS!

-YALT

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To correct you. It is Dr. Paul and not Mr. Paul.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
While a few months ago he was crazy uncle Paul and held no merit to them. Now their trying to use our Paul against us as if we are that stupid.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

As usual, I agree with him.

In fact I think that it is the worst possible time for making or changing any laws- people are too emotional and there is too much agenda driven by fear and outrage right now.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, ME WONDERS why all of the high-and-mighty politicians all send THEIR CHILDREN to schools with ARMED guards???

ME thinks that they KNOW that ARMED GUARDS is the solution to PROTECTING school children. THEY would certainly not be having ARMED guards for their children if their GOAL was some sinister "police state" against their OWN children, right? Having ARMED guards watching over their OWN children, would then be like saying that they are planning such a thing against their OWN children. NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!

Its NOT about forming a "police state" but is about suggesting the ONLY REAL SOLUTION for school children. And make NO mistake, politicians are NOT DUMMIES when it comes to themselves and their children. THEY know that ARMED GUARDS are the REAL solution and they will make DAMN SURE that they live under the FINEST security options available.

When it comes to these politicians, we can LEARN from what THEY DO, and NOT what THEY SAY!!!!

I like Dr Ron Paul but if he is against armed guards in schools, to assure our children their safety in them, then he is WRONG. VERY wrong.

Oh, and isnt this the same "SENILE OLD NUT" that they LABELED him during election time???????

edit on 25-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It seems like a typical FOX NEWS strategy. To use someone such as Dr Paul stature to persuade mindless drones.

These are the only words you have to know from Ron Paul. Everything else is pointless and straight smear tactics.

Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets."

Only quote worth reading...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

I like Dr Ron Paul but if he is against armed guards in schools, to assure our children their safety in them, then he is WRONG. VERY wrong.

Armed institutions are like prisons...Might as well throw barbed wire fences around schools to keep the bad guys out. Or will they be meant to keep the bad guys in?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
Well, ME WONDERS why all of the high-and-mighty politicians all send THEIR CHILDREN to schools with ARMED guards???

ME thinks that they KNOW that ARMED GUARDS is the solution to PROTECTING school children. THEY would certainly not be having ARMED guards for their children if their GOAL was some sinister "police state" against their OWN children, right? Having ARMED guards watching over their OWN children, would then be like saying that they are planning such a thing against their OWN children. NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!

Its NOT about forming a "police state" but is about suggesting the ONLY REAL SOLUTION for school children. And make NO mistake, politicians are NOT DUMMIES when it comes to themselves and their children. THEY know that ARMED GUARDS are the REAL solution and they will make DAMN SURE that they live under the FINEST security options available.

When it comes to these politicians, we can LEARN from what THEY DO, and NOT what THEY SAY!!!!

Oh, and isnt this the same "SENILE OLD NUT" that they LABELED him during election time???????

edit on 25-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

are you daft?
politicians children should be more well guarded because they are a much more likely target
i dont see anyone trying to murder your children because of policies you have instituted or take them hostage to influence legislation etc etc.
its absurd that you think your children are at the same amount of risk as those of well known and controversial public figures
the only people you have to worry about going after your kids are random nut jobs and what are the chances of that? so astronomically low its silly
youre just being reactive because there was a recent school shooting.... youre no better than those calling for a gun ban

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I agree with Dr.Paul!
Again.
We do not need more cops, we need more armed citizens.
An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If I'm reading Dr. Paul correctly...
He seems to be railing against FEDERAL involvement in the solution.
As I read the article, Dr. Paul refers to the TSA and he is correct -
We certainly don't need any more extensive TSA gropers or other Federal involvement in protecting our children at the local (school district) level.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wish George Orwell hadn't written anything. All anyone has to do is shout out "Big Brother" and people stop listening.

I went to a sort of "ghetto" high school. We had security cameras, security staff, and an armed(presumably) police man of some sort.

I never really saw the police man and the security guards didn't do anything to me; the cameras went unnoticed as well.

I'm not sure if those things made us any safer or not, but I can say that they never hurt me in any way. There were absolutely no negatives to having cameras, guards, or a gun in school that I can see.

I don't know how Paul plans on "rebuilding society". How do you force people to be better behaved?

Originally posted by g146541
I agree with Dr.Paul!
Again.
We do not need more cops, we need more armed citizens.
An armed society is a polite society.

That sounds pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't want to live somewhere where everyone who might be having a bad day, or gets in a fender bender with me, or gets in a drunken argument in a bar, or whatever is holding onto a gun as well.

Heck, imagine if there was a shooting in a dark movie theater. Someone pulls out their gun and looks for the shooter. Someone two rows down does the same and sees our would be hero holding onto their gun and thinks they are the shooter and opens fire. Repeat the same scenario for everyone in the theater.

Might as well just get rid of the police if everyone is armed and they are so ineffectual. We can go back to forming a posse to get criminals and having lawless mob rule. You might have to. I don't think that anyone would want to be a cop in a world where everyone did, in fact, have a gun.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Mayson because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by Mayson because: (no reason given)

top topics

join