It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Gave Newtown CT Grant to Hire Officer - Obama Cancells

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So apparently Several schools were given grants by the DOJ as part of a community policing development program but it got cancelled in 2005 and Obama has cancelled two more programs since he has been in offce despite his own children attending schools with armed guards...

Newtown CT had a grant from 2000 to 20003 before it was cancelled

It is not my intention to rehash everything that has already been beat to death here but I just want to point out the extreme hypocrisy and that these elites don't give a damn about you are your children. Whether you believe this was a set up or just a lone nut gone crazy really doesn't matter. The elite don't give a rats behind about you or your children they only see this is an opportunity to take more of your rights away. As they admit "never let a good crisis go to waste"....

These people are hypocrites of the worst type with their fake crying and phony sympathy and attacking the call for armed guards in schools etc. in light of this...

In 2000 the DOJ (Dept. of Justice) gave a grant to hire a school resource officer in Newtown, Connecticut. It was cancelled in 2005. Cops (Community Oriented Policing Services) was a program to put armed officers in schools to protect children. The Obama Administration cancelled two other programs with similar goals to protect children in schools.
free2beinamerica2.wordpress.com...

Here is a corroborating link:

The program provided grants of $125,000 over three years to offset the cost of hiring a school resource officer who would spend at least 75 percent of his or her time on campus. Newtown Connecticut received a grant to hire one officer in 2000, though the DOJ report doesn't specify where the officer was stationed. The grant was not renewed, meaning the funding would have ended in 2003.
www.breitbart.com...

And the DOJ Program (PDF): www.cops.usdoj.gov...

edit on 25-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
But yet Obama and all of the other politicians who are against the idea of armed school guards HAPPILY ACCEPT THEIR CHILDREN'S SCHOOLS having armed guards for THEIR CHILDREN'S PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!

But when it is asked to have armed guards placed in schools to protect OUR CHILDREN, it is REJECTED.

WOW!!! Folks, do you see the EXTREME HYPOCRISY and ABSURDITY HERE??

For the CHILDREN of We The People[color=skyblue] of America, armed guards to assure OUR children's safety is REJECTED. Yet, for the [color=limegreen]anti-gun TRAITOR politicians of America, armed guards is FULLY ACCEPTED, EMBRACED, and a GOOD idea in THEIR children's schools.

THAT is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!

edit on 25-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

I dont get it. People that fear the NWO and police state etc. now want armed guards patrolling public schools ?. Then its gonna be The librarys , public transit, parks, church's the pizza parlour. Its gonna look like the colony from the Total Recall movie. And the presidents , politicians and their family have always been guarded , they are usually more of a target then the average citizen . nothing new here . The terrorists keep on winning, They won 911 and tossed freedom and constitutional rights down the drain and now you are all treated like cattle at airports. Now the terrorist wins again and watches you all live in fear

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

I dont get it. People that fear the NWO and police state etc. now want armed guards patrolling public schools ?. Then its gonna be The librarys , public transit, parks, church's the pizza parlour. Its gonna look like the colony from the Total Recall movie. And the presidents , politicians and their family have always been guarded , they are usually more of a target then the average citizen . nothing new here . The terrorists keep on winning, They won 911 and tossed freedom and constitutional rights down the drain and now you are all treated like cattle at airports. Now the terrorist wins again and watches you all live in fear

Its COMMON SENSE. Guns are here for a LONG time. CRAZY NUTS are here for a LONG time. Our children in schools are DEFENSELESS without ARMED GUARDS to protect them. And you know who ELSE AGREES WITH THAT?? OUR POLITICIANS when it comes to THEIR CHILDREN

Our POLITICIANS KNOW ITS THE RIGHT IDEA FOR THEIR CHILDREN...... You think that they are STUPID???

They KNOW the SOLUTION, but the SOLUTION is only GOOD ENOUGH for THEIR children and NOT OURS..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I dont see it that way. There must be another way. But I understand how the parents must feel.
You really like that caps lock hey?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I dont see it that way. There must be another way. But I understand how the parents must feel.
You really like that caps lock hey?

And again, our shrewd and cunning and ever-scheming politicians disagree with your view completely. And they are NOT stupid when it comes to THEMSELVES and their children, believe that.

When it comes to them and their children, they will ALWAYS pick the MOST effective solutions HANDS DOWN. And then they will feed us nonsense as to WHY we should NOT do as they do.

And cap usage is needed sometimes for the purpose of penetrating through thick skulls of those who just shut their eyes to reason and the obvious. No offense.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's poor form to accuse someone who has just been through a tragedy like this of shedding fake tears. You have absolutely zero proof of such nonsense. Plenty of people have cried over this and not just the victims families. Accusing any of hem of faking it amounts to little more than intellectual dishonesty.

edit on 25-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Schools are more likely to get grants for solar panels than protection for kids.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree that protection of the children is called for, but not growing the police state. This is where the 2nd Amendment comes in.

Texas had the right idea: Arm the damn teachers....

edit on 12/25/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I agree that protection of the children is called for, but not growing the police state. This is where the 2nd Amendment comes in.

Texas had the right idea: Arm the damn teachers....

edit on 12/25/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

YEP!!!

If I had children attending a school that DIDNT have armed guards to assure their safety, I would honestly NOT be able to sleep at night.

I cannot imagine the WORRY that parents face everyday knowing that their children's schools do NOT assure their safety.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Do you see a problem with the dates on this story?
2000?
2003?
2005?
But Obama did it?

edit on 25-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What if you one of those armed teachers has a bad day, goes crazy and starts shooting everyone?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Or what if a group of kids takes over the teachers and steals their guns. Every teacher has a gun, so you are introducing more guns into the school area, ?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen

What about this?
www.blacklistednews.com...

Personally, I second the idea of replacing "gun control" with "gun safety" -- effective immediately, required gun safety and marksmanship classes in every government school. They can be scheduled right after sex ed. If a student is old enough to be instructed in safe sex, s/he is old enough to be trained in the safe handling of firearms. Both disciplines could save their life.

Teach them about the birds and the bees and arm them to defend themselves in school at the same time? Man the gun advocates are getting pretty bad.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is a states issue not fed. When it comes to protecting your kids at school take it up with your state government.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

What if you one of those armed teachers has a bad day, goes crazy and starts shooting everyone?

You can make up infinite "what-ifs" for any situation....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceOfEarth

Absolutely right. These constant calls for more federal overreach everytime there's some kind of situation are the exact thing that's killing us. The last thing we need is more federal interference in the business of the states....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So apparently Several schools were given grants by the DOJ as part of a community policing development program but it got cancelled in 2005...

Obama was elected in 2008. Didn't take office until January 2009. But feel free to blame him cancelling a program in 2005.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The programs mentioned were all cancelled well before Obama took office. Unlikely that it would have helped things unless the officer was stationed at school and was able to respond without being ungunned.

As sad as this tragedy may be, these calls of panic as far as guarding schools are a bit ludicrous. Out a half million schools in our country we have had a handful of these incidents over the the last few years. Again terrible, but not something that people should be worried about on an individual basis. You have a much better chance of dying in your car on the way to school each day.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My father is the greatest sociologist I know. He is a waiter. He has served every type of person you can imagine for 30 years !.
When he sees a family sit down for dinner watches how disconnected they are he sees what the real problem is. The kids sit down and instantly begin text messaging or what not. The parents are not paying any attention too them , they are not part of any conversation. The kids are quiet and distracted that's all that matters. When my dad would take us out for dinner all he had to do was give me" the look "and I would behave and we would have a FAMILY dinner Together. If it was up to him he says those cell phones would be flying off the walls, "there is a time for everything!" he would say. Obviously Im not blaming cellphones, hope you know what I mean ,
gotta go .....Christmas lunch time !!! happy holidays!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join