It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poison Gas attack in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Poison Gas attack in Syria

hisz.rsoe.hu

Six reported killed and over 60 injured, after opposition forces say poison gas bombs dropped on rebel-held town Homs Sunday, killing six people and injuring dozens more with poison gas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have just seen this posted but there is no official confirmation or news reports.
this was found on RSOE. I have a screen shot if required.

[There is absolutely no confirmation!!! RSOE EDIS] Six reported killed and over 60 injured, after opposition forces say poison gas bombs dropped on rebel-held town Homs Sunday, killing six people and injuring dozens more with poison gas. Qatar-based satellite channel Al Jazeera reported 10 people suffered serious injuries from the chemical attack, including blindness and paralysis, and over 50 more suffered other injuries. Opposition activists posted a video online that they claimed shows a victim of the alleged chemical attack suffering from breathing difficulties. The international community has raised concerns that Syria’s large chemical weapons store could be used against the rebels, or fall in opposition hands. Reports have ramped up over recent weeks that embattled Syrian President Bashar Assad has been preparing to use chemicals as the country’s 21-month-old civil war rages on. The US has called the use of chemical weapons a “red line” that may invite international intervention. On Saturday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the Syrian government had moved the chemical weapons from many arsenals to just “one or two centers” to properly safeguard them. The attack came on a particularly deadly day for Syria. Near Hama, another rebel stronghold, more than 60 people were killed in an air strike on a bakery. Opposition sources said over 180 people were killed around the country on Sunday.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It seems that if confirmed, this could be the catalyst or tipping point. Remember the gas attack on the Kurds in Iraq? And the subsequent events?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To me this seems like either fake or a false flag. The Russians just announced Assad consolidated his chemical weapons to 1 or 2 secure locations. They also made light of the fact that Russian forces were on the ground in Syria and were helping to keep the chemical weapons secure. I believe Russia wont let Assad's regime use the chemical weapons because then it prevents the US from having an excuse to join the conflict.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

There is mention of it here:
wn.com...

If true this could be that infamous "red line" being crossed.

What action will the UN and the West take then?

ETA: Also found mention here:
Huff Post
edit on 12/25/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerBudSmoker

well I hope it is only a false report.
This happening on Christmas Day is very ominous as it seems to be deliberately calculated to get the most media exposure possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In Greece we have a saying,

when someone says there are a lot of cherries, hold a small basket...

peace

edit on 25/12/2012 by mikepopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikepopy

sounds cool but you will have to translate ...

only thing I know about baskets is that you should never transport eggs in them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Assad isn't behind these atrocities. The tactics being used by the FSA prove it.

The real friends of Syria

According to a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard, at least seven Syrian soldiers were killed on Saturday after they were attacked by a chemical weapon which produced a toxic yellow gas.

The soldiers were reportedly killed within an hour after inhaling the gas.

Foreign-backed militants have repeatedly threatened to use chemical weapons against the army and pro-government civilians in recent days.

I'm calling a false flag.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
It seems that if confirmed, this could be the catalyst or tipping point. Remember the gas attack on the Kurds in Iraq? And the subsequent events?

Except that happened after Bush Sr decided to withdraw troops the first time they invaded, in 1991.

You are horribly mixing stuff.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Its the same concept.
wherever you hear about great or big things (good or bad) you should
believe only a small fraction.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Already posted here.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Assad isn't behind these atrocities. The tactics being used by the FSA prove it.

The real friends of Syria

According to a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard, at least seven Syrian soldiers were killed on Saturday after they were attacked by a chemical weapon which produced a toxic yellow gas.

The soldiers were reportedly killed within an hour after inhaling the gas.

Foreign-backed militants have repeatedly threatened to use chemical weapons against the army and pro-government civilians in recent days.

I'm calling a false flag.

yeah because assad is such a stand up guy right? give me a break

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
yeah because assad is such a stand up guy right? give me a break

Where did I mention Assad? The SAA are fighting for Syria. Do you actually believe that the terrorists will not resort to chemical warfare? You also realise that most Syrians are behind the SAA? You probably don't because the western propaganda is definetly more important to you than the truth coming from the mouths of Syrian people and thats something you never hear coming from the FSA side.
edit on 25-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerBudSmoker
To me this seems like either fake or a false flag. The Russians just announced Assad consolidated his chemical weapons to 1 or 2 secure locations. They also made light of the fact that Russian forces were on the ground in Syria and were helping to keep the chemical weapons secure. I believe Russia wont let Assad's regime use the chemical weapons because then it prevents the US from having an excuse to join the conflict.

They are making sure that the weapons remain secure within the hands of the regime so no one else can use them, but they never said they're going to stop Syria from using it. The report is still unconfirmed, but this is still very serious as it comes less than a month after earlier reports that emerged on Dec 6 2012, indicating that Sarin has indeed been prepared and has 60 days expiry till it can used.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

How's this for your Western media "propaganda"?

Reuters - No proof Gas used in Homs attack

It's all getting a bit boring having people come on here and claim that the Syrian Government is doing nothing but fighting "foreign terrorists" and doing no wrong.

Anyone who has an ounce of common sense knows that firstly, the Syrian Government is oppressive and it violently suppressed peaceful demonstrations last year, leading to this crisis.. To deny that is to truly ignore the Syrian people.

Now, even the Western media, if you actually bothered to look, has stated that there is a mix in the rebel ranks. On the one hand, you have the underfunded and poorly armed secular FSA as the main group which operates under the opposition council but on the other, you do have foreign and Islamist elements trying to take advantage of the situation to install some kind of Sharia state, after all, Afghan got taken off them and Somali is being bludgeoned by the Africans at the moment.

The problem is, if the FSA does not get the help it needs, it will be the Islamists who win the war and we will have an Islamic state, within spitting distance of Europe, with a sizeable arsenal at their disposal. Even the Russians acknowledge all this, but they fear Western intervention because for the destabilising effect it will have, not because of any kind of love for Assad.

I strongly suggest you remove your blinkers and practice what you preach, ie; don't buy into the RT propaganda or just take the opposite view to whatever is carried on Western channels. Get a balanced view and make your own mind up, all people like you do is trot out stories from a known BS news outlet set up for the sole purpose of countering Western news and making the West look bad.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

A balanced view would be acknowledging the UN sanctions are a big pile of crappola designed to hurt the gov indirectly thru its people.

The people, the peons in a game of chess, they are the ones suffering, while we pretend we are helping them.

Hypocrisy.

Starve a people, isolate them and you will get a reaction, no matter what type of gov is in power, good or bad.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Currently there is "absolutely no confirmation" according to your source, which already seems shaky at best. We'll have to wait and see, and if poisonous gas was used, what kind it is it...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

What sanctions are you speaking of?

Most, in fact very nearly all, of the one's I can find are all 2011 onwards... Syria had very few sanctions against it prior to the uprising and it's brutal suppression..

Syria - Sanctions

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There are currently three types of sanctions that the U.S. government has imposed against Syria. The most comprehensive sanction, called the Syria Accountability Act (SAA) of 2004, prohibits the export of most goods containing more than 10% U.S.-manufactured component parts to Syria. Another sanction, resulting from the USA Patriot Act, was levied specifically against the Commercial Bank of Syria in 2006. The third type of sanction contains many Executive Orders from the President that specifically deny certain Syrian citizens and entities access to the U.S. financial system due to their participation in proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, association with Al Qaida, the Taliban or Osama bin Laden; or destabilizing activities in Iraq and Lebanon.

And that was in 2004, before Rafic Hariri's assasination which took place on the 14th Feb 2005. And we know the mess that trial was, with several people detained for several years before beeing released for lack of any proof of Syrian involvement.

Sure, the US has had problems passing resolutions against Syria, but that didn't stop them bullying "friend" states to sidestep the UN and impose sanctions of their own. Like the imports ban in the EU.

Syria didn't become the rogue state with the arab spring. But it's accused by Israel of helping Hezbollah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join