It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low, Austin police arrest Santa.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Apparently Santa committed the heinous crime of drawing on the sidewalk with children.

Santa was also charged with "evading arrest". As you can plainly see, he was a flight risk. I think they would have been well within their rights to tazer then beat him to a pulp.

I'm kind of surprised that they didnt shoot Santa and stir-fry Rudolph.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They dont track Santas every movement from NORAD for nothing

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That is absolutely disgraceful. What were those cops thinking? Its a new low.... Soon the whole worlds police will act like we all live in some kind of soviet country. I'm going to break wind in public more often now, that'll surely get me arrested.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, putting a Santa suit on doesn't give you automatic immunity. Why do I get the feeling this is ambush "journalism"??

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well yeah that's true, otherwise we'd have murderers' running around with Santa suits on thinking they'd get away with it. The principle of this point is the fact that the Santa guy didn't seem to be breaking any law. Perhaps vandalism by drawing on the ground, but nothing seems explicit in any way, nor detrimental to any persons.

The police could've handled the situation so much better, taking him to one side and explaining the situation. But noooo.... Call for backup.... Let's make a big scene. While down the road someone is getting mugged, car stolen, house broken into etc etc.

With kids around too.....not the way policing should he done. What kind of message does this send out to kids? I'm in the UK, and I couldn't trust a policeman as far as I could throw one. I got pulled over and treated like a criminal because 'I was driving too sensibly' .

edit on 25/12/77 by RobbieK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Well, putting a Santa suit on doesn't give you automatic immunity. Why do I get the feeling this is ambush "journalism"??

I have been to austin and have seen a LOT of chalk art on the side walks. Its not vandalism, it washes right off after a good rain.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Dont you know that chalk can be construed as a bullet symbol? We cant have those dangerous things on our streets defacing public property.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
[*SNIP*]

Well I disagree that they are manufactured clone however I do agree they are like programmed robots with no empathy or common sense and talking to them is like talking to a wall.

People need to learn their constitution and how to use it to defend their rights.: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26/12/12 by argentus because: removed quoted post advocating violence

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What a waste of police resources. Pretty safe arrest I imagine versus actually looking for more serious or dangerous criminals.

Seems odd for this to happen in Austin, it's pretty liberal.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
well the good thing about this was them assaulting and kidnapping santa in front of those kids. hopefully some of those kids will "wake up" way earlier in life than most do. that should help to throw a wrench into the works.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbieK

Well yeah that's true, otherwise we'd have murderers' running around with Santa suits on thinking they'd get away with it. The principle of this point is the fact that the Santa guy didn't seem to be breaking any law. Perhaps vandalism by drawing on the ground, but nothing seems explicit in any way, nor detrimental to any persons.

I don't know what you saw, but I saw a video showing santa and the police after they had initially had a confrontation. Isn't it convenient that all these arrest videos never show what happens before the police are going to arrest them?

That's why I suggested it's "ambush journalism"

*Go instigate an arrest with police, then turn the tapes on once police are ready to make an arrest, suddenly claiming, "Unlawful arrest, unlawful arrest, police state, police state!!"

Trust me, if this is what's going on, it does not help any cause whatsoever...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This just looks like one of those attempts "OMG Police are arresting santa!!" insert santa with any other kid associated fictional character:

OMG they are arresting the easter bunny! etc.

Here's a newsflash... Some Santa's are giving the wrong gifts at the North Pole.

Anyone dressing up like santa in a professional capacity should be background checked IMO, and anyone just doing it for "fun" should be under scrutiny.

F'n weirdoes...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Could have been handled much better but then again these are the police the worlds biggest scumbags.
"Hey Santa please dont put me on the naughty list but we cant have everyone drawing on the street, thanks and have a merry Christmas"
that would have worked much better if you ask me, but then again what do I know I'm not dumb enough to be a cop.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow? Is this what we will have in the future now... People ready to protest without following codes and ordinances set out by cities, dressing up as children's characters so they elicit emotional responses from Joe Public?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Well..... He doesn't look like he's doing much harm here does he? I showed my kid and she had the biggest smile on her face. Obviously I never showed the outcome on the first video.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's called using tact and this is what was missing during the whole situation. Clearly this was not necessary and could have been handled without any problems.
Discernment is what made this country great.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The guy was doing a good deed. More than what most folks would have done. Why are you turning this into some kind of agenda?
I agree with you whole heartedly about the whole 'dressing up as a children's icon' in order to avoid consequences within a degree, however in this example its almost proven to the extent that this time, in the name of goodwill and to make children feel involved, its teaching them that even that is wrong.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's a quick video taken before the police arrived.

Merry Christmas all

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join