It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi..... Has any1 else noticed something weird in the sky tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I was just looking out my window and thought it looks rather light compared to previous days. I know the winter solstice is passed but it shouldn't be this light. I live in Inverness and after a quick check to see what time our sunset was supposed to be tonight.... It was apparently 3.36pm, but it's currently 4.13pm and it's just starting to get dark now. Has any1 else noticed this strange phenomenon or have I had too many Christmas spirits?

Lepus

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lepus

Welcome to ATS....hope you find what you are looking for here....

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lepus

Welcome to ATS and Yes to many drinks!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes. I guess I should just relax and have another vodka. Hahaha

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lepus

It's morning on my corner of the planet and I'm noticing a strange "glow." Everything looks like it's under a black light, all the whites are glowing blue.. Pretty weird, but I've seen it before. Tends to happen when it's overcast...

So that's my two cents, perhaps you're seeing the same thing... Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Kinda funny but i stepped outside last night into an extremely dense fog. ( not highly unusual) But then i heard sirens close by and a firetruck with lights blazing headed down my street!!

It was Santa Clause!! The fire department does it every year. We have become a bit of a paranoid society.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think it's probably the case that I'm getting the opposite. It's been a clear day after a few weeks of heavy cloud and rain so it probably just seems like the sky is lighter.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lepus

It was apparently 3.36pm, but it's currently 4.13pm and it's just starting to get dark now.
When the Sun first disappears below the horizon (i.e. Sunset), it does not instantly change from light to dark. It's called twilight.(No. not the movie).

Also, the moisture in the air = the more light that gets reflected back down to you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lepus
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I was just looking out my window and thought it looks rather light compared to previous days. I know the winter solstice is passed but it shouldn't be this light. I live in Inverness and after a quick check to see what time our sunset was supposed to be tonight.... It was apparently 3.36pm, but it's currently 4.13pm and it's just starting to get dark now. Has any1 else noticed this strange phenomenon or have I had too many Christmas spirits?

Lepus

Not sure where you are but this will give you the info you need.

Time and Date

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lepus

Hi Lepus, you might want to have a look at a program called Stellarium. Its free to download. I checked Inverness at the time you stated and, although the sun had already set, there was still quite a lot of ambient light.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All clear on the south eastern front. Although I did notice an unusual lull in air traffic out of the private airport where I live around the 20th. Haha I think the nuts all took off to the bunkers.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hey welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Welcome!

I noticed this about 2 weeks ago or so, here in Colorado. It seemed to me that we hit our shortest days of the year almost 2 weeks before the solstice. Here, it seems that we have maybe 30 min more daylight than we would normally, maybe more, as color seems to be in the western sky for even longer than that. I was JUST talking with my husband about this, and mentioned it again when it seemed to be getting darker way too early about 2 weeks before the solstice.

Also, to us it seems as if time is moving too quickly, like the days are flying by, but whenever I look at a clock, I'm about an hour off. This has been consistent for the past month or so, it seems. Isn't that weird? I have a pretty good sense of time and it's always wrong now, by one hour. Yet, looking back at the year or even couple of weeks, everything seems to be flying by.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In the UK the moon was pretty much full (waxing). Full moon equals quite light. I live in the sticks and can wander around outside by the light of a full moon.

Regards

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
In the UK the moon was pretty much full (waxing). Full moon equals quite light. I live in the sticks and can wander around outside by the light of a full moon.

Regards

Yes, same here, welcome to the site OP.

new topics

top topics

join